Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday...April 22

Good morning everyone.

​Well I got check in hand , got back home safe and sound with a loaded trailer and car. Gosh...when did I take all that stuff over there. Was ready to pull out, and checked my paper that I had written down the things I wanted to get. Noticed I hadn't gotten my ladder from UNDER the shed. Boy I would have been ticked off if I had left that.

Was tired when I got home so E. and I just pushed the trailer into the garage. Will unload it either today or tomorrow. I have already put things away that belonged here in the house.

Church and S.S. this morning, then E. and I will go out for lunch. Hope everyone has a good day.

MOSES AND THE RED SEA

Nine-year-old Joey was asked by his mother what he had learned in Sunday School.
    'Well, Mom, our teacher told us how God sent Moses behind enemy lines on a rescue mission to lead the Israelites out of Egypt . When he got to the Red Sea , he had his army build a pontoon bridge and all the people walked across safely. Then he radioed headquarters for reinforcements. They sent bombers to blow up the bridge and all the Israelites were saved.'
    'Now, Joey, is that really what your teacher taught you?' his mother asked.
    'Well, no, Mom. But, if I told it the way the teacher did, you'd never believe it!'

Last edited by jostoy; 04-22-2018, 07:29 AM.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Cute story about Moses and the Red Sea....glad you got all your 'stuff' taken care of from the camper and check in your hot little hand...so glad you had a list, nowadays in my life list are very important, wish I could get Doug to see that point, LOL

Yesterday was a busy one, ironed the curtains an got them put back up in sunroom, today I start my hunt for different curtains in that room, looking for macrame valances and tiers...hubby will have to move the mini blinds back a little farther because I want spring loaded rods inside the windows...like it or not here I come, LOL...ironed 5 shirts also....then we went to what amounts to a large sale inside a building with Shipshewana on the road..its and amish thing...had a really good soft pretzel..

Today I want to go get the buckets I want for patio planting and dirt for inside them, I want to get ready to plant...still to cold here in the North to do that..will see if I do that..

Not much else planned, maybe another load of clothes..need to go through my closet and put winter clothes in a tote...41 degrees now with high of 57 predicted, so it is getting closer..

I bought a bird feeder last week, put it on a shepherd hook and filled it with sunflower seeds but not one bird has come to it yet, weird...disappointed...

Well time to find some grub to get my day started...have a wonderful day everyone, its GREAT to be alive.
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Hi Everyone.

Not sure of the last time I was here. So much going on in the mornings.

Church this morning. Made the Woolworth Cheesecake. Grew up eating these and have just started making them this past year. Everyone loves it.

So, nothing new or newsworthy.

Hugs to Everyone. Must get back this afternoon and catch up.

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Woolworth is a name from the past. I used to go to the one downtown St.Louis for lunch many years ago. Had a wonderful grilled cheese but never had time for dessert...their cheesecake is famous?

Morning...warmer mornings are so nice but no sun today with rain this afternoon. Hopefully we have turned that corner into spring. The bluebird house does not have bluebirds this year. Some little fat birds have taken up residence and evidently the bluebirds I saw were just looking or plain old to late!

Took Sierra to the clinic yesterday but they say she will need a CT scan and that will have to come from her primary. So if no improvement we will call him tomorrow. No infection so we will be taking the next step.

I am totally alone today and that has not happened in a while. I guess it does not make a difference since I mostly do what I want when I want anyway but what makes the difference is I can do it alone today! Need to wash kitchen rigs, run the vac, finish laundry, iron...that is a lot but I have the entire week to do it! There is also an afternoon game today and I have a book. This week I have lunch with the school chums and a girls shopping trip. Big week!

Jon grilled steaks last night with more of that fresh corn on the cob from Schnucks! Made a salad and we were stuffed. Today I will make up a bowl of tuna salad. Last night Sierra came in to ask how to use the air fryer and I did not know...I can't pry it out of someone's hot hands and he was already in bed. So this evening we will line up for a lesson. He loves that thing! Food is good and cleanup easy!

Going to fix another cup of coffee and sit on the patio before the rain moves in. Now that Sierra has changed uniforms her shirts need ironing so will be doing that more often. Lots to do so will see how much I get done....there is always tomorrow.

Sending wishes for a warm sunny Spring day to all of you.

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        I can't remember which air fryer you got. You have convinced me I want the same one!
        Also, a friend bought one from QVC and she sent me a picture of chicken thighs in it and bacon stuffed jalopenos. Both looked great!

good morning

about ready to walk out the door ,going to church.

just wanted to tell Sharon... sunflower seeds are big bird stuff. like blue jays.. get a bag of small mix bird food. and the littlier birds will find it. then the big guys will too..

be back later.

Comment

Good morning today is church and the cleaning that didn't get done yet

Comment

Good morning! The sunscreen I used worked perfectly yesterday so I am not burned or red this morning as has happened in year's past after the Round Up parade.

During my nail appointment the flyover by the Navy F-18s went right over the road outside the shop. We were just down the road from the fairgrounds where the arena is and the flyover is timed for the end of the National Anthem. Like perfectly timed! So the jets were still low and loud when they went by. It was quite the sight to see. Growing up in a Navy family I got used to seeing the Blue Angels and the Fleet, depending on where my dad was stationed.

Church and then we are having taco salad. Easy dinner when I still have a couple of weeks of the finance class. We all enjoy it but we are also ready to get the two hours back that the class takes. One friend said I am ready for my Sunday naps to come back! I can't nap and wake up easily, so I am just ready to be able to get in comfy clothes. I have changed many of my habits and found strength I knew I had but just wasn't following through...someday...

At the parade I saw some cousins that always come down from Alaska for a few weeks for the Rodeo and Spring. She had lost 50 pounds! And another friend of Becky's came over where we were standing (people kind of get used to knowing where their friends always watch), She has lost 30 pounds (it looked like more) and it has given me added encouragement to stick to eating less and walking more!

I hope you all have a great day!

Comment

• maxie
            maxie commented
            Editing a comment
            I have the cheap faberware from walmart. I think I paid $80.00 but for however long it last it has more than made up for its cheapness!. Jon eats a lot of fish and is now eating catfish since it is so easy and he no longer has to start the grill and wait for the coals to be ready. I hate fish smell and discouraged cooking it in the house. He is also cooking a lot of fresh veggies. Sierra wanted toasted ravioli last night and had to use the oven. He is still experimenting but using it every day.

Good morning.
          Slept late this morning. No specific plans for today. But things still need to get done.
          The weather is back to 90 and will climb a few more degrees this week. Still no rain in sight.

So, will grab my breakfast and get dressed and see what the day brings.
          Have a good one. 😄
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Afternoon! It's another sunny day here. I'll say this quietly....I think spring has arrived.

​Yesterday was good. Not super productive, but that was OK. We had fun in the morning going to several garage sales. Cork then went up to help Becca clean out her gutters. Blaise's friend Drayke came for the afternoon. I worked on the laundry and making oreo pie shells. Cooked a decent dinner and had a relaxing evening.

​Went to church & SS. During the SS hour, we celebrated Mission Encounter Week by doing different mission projects right there at the church. There were about 10 different things to choose from. I helped pack backpacks for foster kids. It has toiletries, a blanket, socks, and several other misc. things.

​Took Blaise down to Kathy's. He was in a grumpy mood. Got in the door at home & my Mom called...hot water tank is leaking. Cork went over to check it out. I've going to start getting the food & place ready for cards tonight. They are coming here. In the middle of the afternoon I'm going over to a local nursing home with my SS class, and we are doing the Sunday service for them. I've got my cookies ready.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• maxie
              maxie commented
              Editing a comment
              How do you find the time to do all that? It would take me all morning to rummage around and see if I had all the ingredients to make anything and then the mood would have passed. You and your energy level are amazing.

Maxie, I’ve always considered Farberware tops for cooking. I can’t find their electric skillet now. I had two of them, stainless steel, no nonstick coating, and they each lasted 20-25 years. When I couldn’t find another, I got a more expensive one from Williams-Sonoma....that one lasted only 2 years. 🤬
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
            X