Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday...April, 21

Good morning everyone.

Well by noon that cashier's check should be in my hand. The trailer is hooked up to the car, ready to leave here by 8A.

Will call the Club President when I get to the gate at the Lake. I have several things to donate to the Clubs Auxillary for the rummage sale this fall. The more the members can donate, the longer we have to not have a membership increase.

​I do intend to stay a member, for at least another year to see how things play out. They have 4-5 months that they have membership "doings" which I have enjoyed. I asked my cousin if I could rent his couch a few times. Of course his reply was ....no money but you can stay. Guess I'll just have to slip a few bucks somewhere before I leave his cabin. LOL

Better get off here and get a bite to eat. Everyone enjoy your day.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Good morning...I ended up having a really great week!!!

Thursday while at work I got a call from the Nurse were I volunteer...Everyone was going out to lunch after the center closed for the day..Did I want to be a part of this? My answer was of course! I had so much fun and have not laughed so hard in so long....can't wait to do it again!! I am feeling way more appriciated again by going on Thursdays I really am a help.

Yesterday after work I went to lunch at a very expensive very nice resteraunt....I went with a friend and the lady that helps us out to Cheese Cake factory...the food was amazing...the cheese cake was awesome but I am not sure I will go back...I just can't bring myself to pay that much for a lunch meal!

Today is a work out day....a grocery day...and a yard work day.

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      I have been there once, out of town of vacation and I amstill thinking of that wonderful banana cram cheesecake I had!

Good Morning ladies, sure hope all goes as planned jostoy....Beth glad you had a good week.

The sun is shining, should see some 50's temps today, hubby started getting mowers and tractors ready yesterday, he admits he is lazy and doesn't get things done as he should...I agree, told him my philosophy is not to put anything off when I see it needs done or think of something I do it NOW, not think to myself I'll do it later or when I get up...he says that is the difference between me and him, LOL..

I have 5 windows in my sunroom, right now they have a multi-colored stripped valance on them, I want to find some macrame valances and tiers to hang on them with the inside the frame spring loaded rods, he saw what I was looking at and ask me why I wanted to change what I had. It has always been my desire to do this, but his remark, "I don't like that idea at all, I like the open windows so I can look out and see everything, no curtains". Well the whole point of macrame curtains is because of the open design and they would not be closed all the time, they would be pushed back but closed when I wanted them closed...I told him he has complete say about what he does in his building and outside, so let me do what I want in the inside...his response, "my house also I should be allowed to have an opinion"! Now I just don't care, will iron the valances I took down and put them back up for now. I have always decorated and done as I please in the house, now he has an 'opinion' about anything and everything I do...starting to really tick me off!! I guess my niceness will come to a halt soon...

No plans today, do a few loads of laundry, bought some new tops so will get those washed. I don't wear anything new until it has been washed. Also want to make a trip to Dollar General need more hangers, plastic totes, Clorox wipes and numerous other things...today is leftover day so no cooking..

Hope to come back and read more about you all later today...

Hope everyone is getting some sunshine in their lives one way or the other...
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Suppose to finally get some spring type weather this week...no more lows in the 30s! Jon or should I say Andrew cut grass for the first time yesterday. They supposedly pulled weeds in the landscaping but I could debate that. Their response was it was the first time.... like you only pull half on the first time? Just do not ask questions around here.

Sharon, I just hung new towels and a shower curtain in the bath and was informed it was girlie. I told him when he cleans it he can decorate it! I think retired people get less done than working people because workers have to schedule but us retireds always have tomorrow! I can get a week or more out of 'I'll do it tomorrow'!..

Sierra is going to med clinic this morning. This may be a kidney infection. She was talking to some of the girls at work and it makes sense to have it checked out. However, you cannot get into your family doctor anymore. Have you noticed that? Used to be you called and the office girl took your word for you need to see him. These girls are now young and I am not sure professional is the word I would use to describe their scheduling skills. And the prices you are charged...omg. I saw the price of formula in walmart the other day and I do not know how people can raise a family. It is not the same world I raised my family in. And I am saying this is NOT a better world and that is also not a political statement but a statement of life and the expense of buying food, shoes and getting medical attention.

After the funeral home last night I came home through Sierra's McD to see her in her managers uniform for the first time. Her raise started yesterday too and she was happy. Now if she would just dump her bf...have I mentioned that before?

I have to tell you my son is in love with the air fryer! He cooks all types of stuff...it seems to be giving him a bigger variety to choose from and is helping him stay on his diet. I also filled a big bowl of fruit and sat it out instead of in the fridge and they are grabbing it instead of looking for chips. I ask where the bananas disappeared to and a voice from the boy cave yelled out I ate 2 today. Well, I wanted one but I think you are not suppose to take food from your grandchildren's mouths...right? that is a rule isn't it?

Today I have laundry and was ask to go to the clinic with her so will need a shower. Afternoon ball game and Jon will either cook us something in the air fryer or grill. Should be just him and me tonight. Sierra called off work for the first time in 3 years but said she was still going to bfs this afternoon. Even if she is sick he won;t come here. How worthless is that? How can you be so smart and then so stupid in love?

Think I will try to take my second cup of coffee to the patio and look at the fresh cut grass. Hope it is warm out there!
      Glad you had a good week Beth. Splurging once in a while makes the food that much better. I never had to adjust to a retired husband Sharon but you can do it...or you can kill him...whatever comes first! and ps...do what you want with the curtains cuz he probably won;t say a word if he notices at all. Jostoy, glad you still have a place to stay so you can participate in the lake activities.

Have a good one out there!
      Last edited by maxie; 04-21-2018, 08:56 AM.

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        Price of Formula! shock, right?
        and it has to be in a locked cabinet because it one of the Most Stolen items in the grocery store. My store manager told me that.
        I asked, do they use it in meth or something? He said, Nope, just stealing baby formula because of the price...

Good morning,
      Yesterday we went to get my new prescription, answer a lot of questions, and then afterwards went to lunch. The Olive Garden must have a new chef who has spiced up the menu. E couldn’t eat his pasta. I tried a new luncheon dish - think Italian quesadilla - which had no taste to it, but comes with an unspiced marinara sauce to dip it into. We need to find a new Italian restaurant.

The other day when the heavy winds returned, was another “Red Flag” alert day. We need rain to put weather things back into balance. The winds are getting stronger this year, than in past years. Our temps are back to the mid-80’s today, and are supposed to get back up in the 90’s tomorrow.

Sharon, I went through the same thing when E retired. E had developed opinions, too. It’s a nuisance. My curtains are still up, though. They do provide some insulation from heat/cold, as well as privacy. No one peeking in windows. The slats in vertices blinds have been falling off, though. I quit trying to keep up with the housework. I’ll dust stuff off, and hope he will find places for the “stuff”. My hospital stays put me way behind in housekeeping, and if he doesn’t help I just can’t keep up. With his bad arm, E can’t do as much any more. We have rooms that need to be totally emptied before we can move. That’s going to take a while.

Beth, those upscale restaurants are nice once in a while, for a special occasion. I’d just as soon make my meals at home, though. Even if I just have soup and a sandwich.

Jostoy, I’m glad the bank problem is over for you.

Well, I need to get my breakfast, so I can take my meds. Then start my day.
      Hope your day is a good one! ☺️

Maxie, we were typing together! 😁
      Yours is a very interesting household.
      Last edited by JoGee; 04-21-2018, 09:11 AM.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

good morning! I am trying to get ready and get a few things done and so I am here a bit later.
        good to read Maye's post from yesterday.

and Jostoy, you should be holding that check pretty soon!

Beth, like I said in my comment, I went to the cheesecake Factory once on vacation and was the one picking up the check for the table...but I am still thinking about the cheesecake I had. And the great chicken sandwich, but mostly the fabulous cheesecake. We all shared with each other and the vanilla bean and the banana cream were my favorites...Not sure how far I would have to go for another, but I am sure it would mean city driving...

After the Parade I have to shop and then I have a nail appointment and Then I am driving with my mother in her car down I-5 to Corning. I want to make sure her car can make it to the airport next month so I don't have to rent a car. the hours make it next to impossible for me to pick one up and my mom would have a next to impossible chance of getting out of the small, narrow drive from the rental office onto the main street...And the thought of saving a few humdred dollars in a rental is pretty good. My mother just does not drive her car out of town or more than 10 miles round trip, that I know of. Once a month she goes to lunch with her Class of '50 across town and that is a big deal! Probably a 6 mile RT for the day...so she asked her dealer that does her tune ups and he said it would be ok and good for the car. So, we are driving the 18 miles to Corning, going to the Olive Pit to buy olives for family and still have Becky at home with my car if we need a ride...AAA is on our speed dial!

Ok, I am done. Have a good day and hope your teams win and your sun shines!

Comment

Good Afternoon! It's a sunny one today as was yesterday. Spring might actually be here.

​Yesterday was a super busy one, but I accomplished everything by the appointed times. The lady that came from Pgh for cookies was thrilled. She lives just 2 minutes from the Oakmont Bakery, which is the go to place for the rich around here. She has tried my goodies, and says I'm worth the trip, which is about 45 minutes. Made my day! Corky actually took Blaise to karate lesson. Had a relaxing evening. No baking at all.

​This morning we all got up & out the door by 8:30 to go to several garage sales. We had some success! It's a good thing I go along. Cork would just pay the tagged price. Dickering is part of the game. Now to get my rear in gear. We ate pancakes for lunch, and now they are weighing me down.

​Blaise's friend Drayke is coming to play. I'm going to send them out to pick up sticks. I got wiped out of PB pies yesterday, so I need to make up a bunch of them. The restaurant called yesterday and wanted ANOTHER carrot cake...the 3rd in a week's time.

​Have a good one all! Congrats of the sale Joystoy!!!! Sharon....I wouldn't have ask, I just would have done it & then wait to see if he'd even notice.

Comment

Working...
          X