Friday morning hello

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday morning hello

Good Morning, finally a morning that I didn't have to rush out of the door because of an appointment, the past two days have just been plain ole busy ones for me...but today is a 'free' day and I plan on enjoying it.

jostoy, sure hope your hot little hands get a check that is 'good' and the trailer will soon be a thing of the past...just about the time you get it like you want it will now say bye, bye. Are you relatives that are there also staying?

JoG, glad all went well on your visit, seems these days someone is always adding a medication to the list, LOL Getting older is most definitely not for sissies...

Had my 90 minute phone call getting signed up and in for Medicare and my supplemental insurance, so nice of my husband previous employer to have people that help you through the process...so now I just wait for my cards and then end of May make the changes...

Maxie how is your sons ankle? Did he go to the ER?

Paula your weather sounds pretty good considering this morning our temps are at 35 but we are supposed to have sunshine and 50 degrees today...sure hope so.

I am sure I have missed more things going on...will go back and read again...

Thinking when the hubby gets out of bed going to ask him to make us an omelet, I love his omelets....today I want to make a cherry cheesecake, the kind you bake not the no bake kind...been wanting to make one for a while now..

Well folks I hear the hubby moving around, I already have the trash ready to go out the door...we usually only have one bag, we have a trash compactor and it does a great job...Have a great day one and all, hope the sun shines on you.
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Yay! It's Friday! I texted a mother who has been late in picking up her child that everyone needs to be picked up on time today. Last Friday she had her mothr pick up and Grandma forgot. I am glad I had Becky taking the food to the shelter, but on a Friday, especially, I do not want late parents. And this was so the aprents could go someplace and the child would have a sleepover with hr grandma.
    This is rodeo weekend and a big party time for a lot of Red Bluff people.
    so, I decided to be pro-active, and hope that makes for a better day.
    I have an appointment...

Ok, I got that off my chest and appreciate this board for letting me talk.

It is going to be about 10 degrees warmer today and then even warmer this weekend. I feel bad about all the snow I have seen on tv in the last few days.
    I guess we all get used to our own weather cycle, right?

Maye, the two little ones will be 18 months apart! There are so many things that impact daycare and I am going to look into finding someone else who will do a good job and take over for me...and I am going to tell this mom that even if I take her new baby it will be when the baby is 3 months old, not 2, like she was thinking. I feel so bad for these young moms who don't have enough time to be home with newborns.

Well, I'm not very cheerful sounding this morning, but I really am feeling good about the day and the weekend.

I hope all goes well with all of you.
    Jostoy, I didn't even consider the validity of the check...can you cash it before you hand over the paperwork and keys? I just think if someone is shopping for something it is because they have the money to pay for it.
    It is like on eBay: a lot of sellers will say something like amazing buyer; super fast payment...I always wonder What does buy it Now mean, other than click and pay?
    Anyway, good thoughts for all and I will check back and see what tis going on!

Comment

Well, hope that is not a omen for how the day will go....had typed an entire post and another of my long informative and oh so interesting post and lost it. Why do my fingers push wrong buttons? There is not much coordination left between the digits and the brain!

Cleaned out the fridge and have a big pot of chicken soup on cooking. Andrew can eat a corn dog tonight. He has early dismissal today and I need to run home to the funeral home as soon as Jon gets home. The son of a school chum passed this week. he was born with severe physical disabilities and these wonderful people cared for him and raised a family. Remarkable people. Brian was an avid Cardinal fan and they are asking people to wear Cardinal red to tonight's visitation. I cannot go to the funeral tomorrow so must go tonight.

Sierra managed to go to school and work yesterday so pretty sure she is not at deaths door. But we are watching and will take her pain and discomfort serious if it continues. She has never been one to handle pain and it is hard to know at what level of pain she is in. Andrew on the other hand can come in spurting blood and say it doesn't hurt. Scott is one to not handle pain well but he did put off going to the ER as long as he could. Hope he is handling those crutches...they can be dangerous. I need to check on him today...sometimes a bad sprain is worse than an actual break in healing.

Sierra has her schedule to finish up school and will not have a summer class. She will take the last two classes needed next fall and will work full time at McD's. Then next Spring will be her internship so we have another year. She just made manager at McD's so can work almost full time for the next year. Now if we can dump that loser bf.

Need to get moving..have lots to do. Enjoy your day home Sharon. It is nice to be able to stay home alone..

Happy Sunny Friday!!

Comment

Good morning.
        While we had 90° yesterday, the temp today will be only 76°, then tomorrow up to 86° and rising. 🌵
        E turned on the fan yesterday. I really don’t think we will need it today, though.

Today we need to pick up my new prescription at the hospital. The regular pharmacy near our home can’t sell it, because it is “like a controlled substance” whatever that means. I don’t know why I need to answer more questions when I pick it up, except I did experience some side effects for a few days after starting it. But I’m doing okay at this point. There apparently is some problem with getting it, because something is going on with insurance. It may be that the military insurance wants to provide it via mail for me which is like getting one month’s prescription free and paying for 2 month’s worth. But I don’t know how sensitive the prescription is to the heat it will have to endure in the mail trucks and metal mail boxes. But that’s something they have to work out. My doctor’s NP or PA or whatever she is, is still deciding if my doseage is right.

You are right, Sharon. Aging is not for sissies.

Paula, you are right, that mom needs to spend more time with her newborn. I speak from experience. I wish I could have spent more time with mine. They were the joys of my life. My last one is the only one I could spend time with. E said it was my choice to work or not, so I spent my time with my kids. In my previous marriages I “had” to work, since both guys turned out to be unreliable. On days of the well-baby checkups, my babies napped in my big desk drawer til their appointment time....I worked on the military bases.

Well, I hope today, after getting my prescription, that we can stop at Costco. I need just one thing from there, but I want to check out a couple of other things.

E has to check out my iPad.....I have a notice that someone tried to hack into it.

That is all that is happening here. You all have a great day! 🤗
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          I think the desk drawer story is one of the best in the Take your baby to work category!

Good Morning! It's sunny and warmer than yesterday. It still felt like winter. Now Aunt J went back several years in her journals, and we've had snow & cold in April many years, so this is nothing unusual.

​Yesterday was good. Came home from Bible study and got all the cupcakes iced & mostly decorated. Had to take a few pies to the Bistro. Then it was time to take Blaise for his counseling appt. He finally broke down and let his guard down and said what was bothering him. We then went to Arby's and then had to make 2 more stops before I finally found the Teddy Grahams I needed to finish decorating the cupcakes. Once the guys went to bed, I made up the icings I need for today's projects and mixed up the sugar cookie dough.

​This morning we both slept in. We had 5 minutes to get him dressed & out the door. We made it...barely. Had to clean up the kitchen before Aunt J arrived to scoop grease balls. I baked sugar cookies while she scooped & we had a nice chat. Now I'm working on decorating the smash cake, and then have to get 3 doz sugar cookies iced....horse theme. Blaise isn't going to Kathy's this weekend. Think we'll invite a friend of his to come over for the afternoon tomorrow.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Paula, since my typing at the desk gave my baby a cradle effect, she was quiet and happy the entire time she was there. If my son came along, he’d sit on the floor next to me with pencils and typing paper, and was also happy and quiet. If the kids were content, comfortable, and safe in a close proximity to me, what was the problem, right?
          Some of the younger enlisted guys said I was cruel to keep my baby in a drawer (I never closed the drawer on her). The older enlisted and officers never said a word about it, but peeked in the drawer and smiled. Obviously, they didn’t mind, and there was absolutely no fussing from the kids.
          I knew some young enlisted couldn’t afford a crib, and their baby was sleeping in a dresser drawer.
          I’d bought a used crib for $5 (when we moved I just gave it to a young new family).

Cookie, I’m glad that Blaise could finally talk about his problem.
          A grandson of mine was lightly bullied in class, but more beat up outside at recess....because the bullies delighted in “we have a daddy and you don’t!”, beating on him, throwing stones, or doing property damage and blaming him. His dad died (lung cancer) when grandson was young.
          They were a group of bigger boys. The teachers did nothing. My dau was at the school a lot, even brought in the police, and dragged in the school board. I sent her $$ for martial arts for him. Til I found she quit taking him there for whatever reason. She gave me some lame excuses, but never told me, really, why. She finally put him in school online, where he did much better.....he even took some college courses online.

At the moment, I now have a granddaughter (another family), a beautiful young thing with a naturally sexy raspy voice (think of a younger Meg Ryan) who is very shy.....but having entered HS, kids began to pick on her for whatever reason. She is taking online high school courses to finish her last year of school through next year. She has been training herself to draw, and is really outstanding in art, and quite quick at it. She hasn’t really decided on a career yet, though.

Kids seem to need the support of parents (not all really give a darn, and I’ve met some), if not counselors more today than in our day. More’s the pity. I’m glad Blaise is where he gets the help and support he needs. Thanks to you!!!
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good afternoon.

Boff, yes the cousins are staying as they have cabins and both live 5 min. from the Lake.

Paula, the check will come from the bank so no worries that it might bounce.

​Vac. the floors and mopped all this morning. So am a little tired. Everyone have a good rest of day.
            Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

good evening
              got to sleep until 7am . wow.. a record around here... went off to Donna's. to make grease balls... actually to enjoy her company and get to talk with female!.... when I got home. change clothes.. then took David to library.. return the read books and pick out new ones. so glad D. is reading these days.. with TV off. home , lunch and then read, snooze, crochet. etc etc... the rest of day..
              Quiet time... an afghan started, a stack of books to read.. some puzzle books .
              I did dust and sweeper and tidy up kitchen so I could feel productive for the day.

JoG I love hearing about the baby in the Desk Drawer... so glad you were "allowed" to have her there.. unheard of in today's working world..

Sharon so nice to read your nice long posts... same to you Maxie.. I always feel I should have a cup of coffee in my hand when Im reading here at Roundtable... just like we are at a real round table..Donna could bring the cookies., of course.. I will make the coffee. and tea if you want it...

Hi Bethina, hope your day went GREAT today
              Hi Sassygirl.. ,, need to hear from you .

and Waving at all readers who visit our site..

Comment

Working...
              X