Wednesday 4/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday 4/18

Good morning...my brain feels foggy this morning..I think that I will make a green tea for my water bottle this morning..they can't tell its not water that I have out on the sales floor I am desparate need of the caffeine today!! I had really strange dreams last night..

I was told to clock out at 10 again yesterday..They are trying to cut pay roll and I understand that but they stood in the meeting and told us that we would be sent home early some days but if we want our hours they will find a way for us to have them....Yesterday I noticed a need when I was done with my work so I asked to help with that and was told no...so frustrating!!! Seems like more days than not I don't get my 3.5 hours...I am not hurting for cash or anything thats my fun money....but still I would like to have it...

After work I will come home and finish working on the house..I don't have a whole lot left to do...

Everyone have a great day!

Good morning everyone.

​Well the couple that I showed the camper to last Thursday, got a call last night that the paper work is being done by the bank. He expects to have check in hand for me by Saturday. BUT until that almighty check is IN MY HAND, I count on nothing. Just praying that he will be getting the check.

​Today I have to measure the trailer for boards to go along the front and sides. If I do sell the camper, there are a lot of things I have to bring home from the shed. I need the boards to go along the sides and front of the trailer.

Also have to stop at the DMV for title change. It will all get done.

Suppose to be a pretty day here with high winds though. I could use some warmth on these old bones.

Everyone have a good day.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good Morning! They called for 1-3" of snow yesterday, and we only ended up with a dusting. Thankful we didn't get what they called for.

​Yesterday was good & a busy one. Got the restaurant's order ready, delivered it, and then headed into Aldi's. Went to pay for it, and my Discover card wasn't there. They suspended my order and I went home to get my card...it was on the desk. Went back in and picked up my groceries. Once I got them put away, I got busy doing laundry and baking pies. Made 4. Cooked a nice salmon dinner. Both guys took second helpings, which is very usual. Will have to buy salmon more often. After the guys went to bed, I mixed up and baked 10 doz German Choc cookies. Baking done & laundry all finished...it was a good productive day.

​This morning I need to put the toppings on the cookies and then get them delivered. I've placed an order at the bakery supply place, and Kathy is going to pick it up for me and bring it here. BTW...she decided not to accept the offered job which only guaranteed 12 hr per week. She'll continue looking. She's very disappointed. She did go online as suggested, and applied for longer hours. Once she gets here, we are going to make the deliveries of the pies & cookies, then go out for lunch...my treat! She couldn't say no to that. After dinner I'm taking Blaise for karate. May start baking the cupcakes. Need to make 90 plus a 6" smash cake. They are for a 1st birthday party. I'd like to get them baked tonight & decorate them tomorrow. Then I can breath on Friday.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning!
        Yesterday’s medical appointment went well. I saw the doctor’s nurse practitioner who prescribed the new medication. I’m doing well. My blood panel looked good, except my red count went down a bit more. So I have to return in a month. Again, the lab didn’t send the platelet results with the blood panel ones, so I guess I’ll remind the next tech in phlebotomy to not forget the platelet side of things. Other than getting fatigued easily, I’m feeling good.

And the sun just now peaked over the mountain, lighting up the room through the window where I sit! Today will be 86°, a 10 degree jump from yesterday’s 76°. Tomorrow should reach 90° but with high winds, and the day after that it’ll be 76° again. It’s a wonder we haven’t developed tornados, isn’t it? It’s crazy weather.
        I’m really surprised to see winter hanging on in the eastern and Midwest states. It’s mid-April, for heaven’s sake! Mother Nature must be well into dementia - what else could it be.

Nothing new going on here.
        Have a great day, everyone. 🤗
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

good morning. It is trash day and one of the trucks has come by already. It is yard waste day and I cut some branches that hung over my fence. They have big sweet smelling clumps of flowers that the bees love. I just got the lw ones that were hitting my slide climber. So I filled up a bin with leaves and twigs and the flowers. It is all ready for the outside cars and trucks for the kids.

No rain yesterday and no complaints from me. It was in the upper 50's when we went outside and the kids run around so much that feels fine. I had the baby in the stroller and walked him around.

I hope you all have a great day!
          My grandson, Boone, in Maryland is 12 today. I sent money for Scout pants and shorts. I hope the weather back where you are, Donna, starts warming up.

Jostoy, fingers crossed the guy gets it all done with the bank and you get the check in your hand!
          Take care, Everyone!

Comment

Good windy morning. Suppose to warm into the 60s...I'll take it!!

Got my haircut yesterday and did all my back home running. Andrew's dentist appointment went well. They are going to give the baby tooth another month then if they have to pull it will take the one next to it also. The good news is he will probably not need braces! He needs to brush a little better but they are straight with plenty of room. Great news!!!

For some reason I am very sore this morning. My arms and back and knees...just feel full of pressure. You would think I might have actually done some manual labor....well that did not happen but I sure feel like it. Scott sent a picture last evening with a caption "ER or not?" Showed Jon and we both said ER! He had missed a step and for two days hobbled around on this grotesque ankle. He called about 11:00 after leaving the ER and it is not broken but they put it in a splint and he is on crutches and off work at least a week.

Afternoon ballgame today so I will put a meatloaf in and fold laundry in front of the tv. It is so cold this Spring. I do not understand why it won't just let go and give us some heat...not even sun again this morning. No wonder people are so nasty out there...we are all depressed!! It is sapping my energy just waiting for summer.

This house needs a good dusting and the vac run. Lots I could do but do not take bets on it getting done. Yet the days are flying by on this lazy soul.

Beth maybe this is the slow season and people will soon be in the mood to shop again.
            Congrats on selling the camper Jostoy. what are you going to do weekends now?
            Cookie I do not know how you do what you do. Do you ever have a flopped cake?

Take care everyone. Time to start the day around here...

Comment

Morning JoG ...Those temps and sun would be heavenly. Glad the blood work was looking good.
              Morning Paula...all the trees are in bloom around here finally. It looks like Spring just wish it felt more like it! Andrew will be be 12 in August..he is my baby grand and I see him growing up every day. Have to act like I am checking him for fever to get a kiss in!

Have a great day!

Comment

Thanks Paula and Maxie for your well wishes about the camper. Just keep me in your thoughts until that check is in my hot little hand. As to the weekends...I'll still have plenty to do. I've even cut my garden out to 3- 5 gallon buckets for tomato plants and a 4 foot box for my cucumbers. So I may have a lot of time on my hands, but I'm sure I'll find someone who needs a little help.
                Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Working...
                X