Monday, Monday....3/19/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday, Monday....3/19/18

Good Morning! It's a sunny one here and spring is giving a flash of hope.

​Yesterday was good. Church & SS by myself. Came home and watched a movie with Cork then baked a couple carrot cakes. Made up some stuff to take to my cousin Linda's for cards. We had a good time. We rarely see those cousins, but I think they discovered we have fun together. I'm sure we'll do it again soon. Came home and Blaise was actually already sleeping. Kathy must have worn him out.

​This morning I have an appt with the tax prep lady. Mom is watching Blaise while I'm doing that since the teachers are still on strike. After that the 3 of us are going into town & meeting Becca for lunch at Arby's. I hope to come home and start icing on the Easter sugar cookies. I have to have some ready for an order this Thursday, and while I'm at it, I might as well get them all done.....21 doz. They aren't all claimed, but it doesn't hurt to have a few extra doz just incase. Need to cook a real meal since I've gotten off easy the last few days.

Have a good one all!

Good Morning you sweet, loveable and kind people, what a glorious morning to be alive...Sun is shining, no snow on the ground or in the air, I can live with that. Had a really busy weekend and it was great, went to a concert with out youngest son and truly enjoyed it, got the curtains taken down in the sunroom as I looked 'up' and saw how dusty the tops of them were, yesterday we made the two hour drive down to visit with our oldest son and took them out to eat, I had never been to one of those Japanese eateries were they cook in front of you, quite the experience, fun and food was good, but I truly would prefer to order off a menu and have it brought to me all at the same time..

Today I have some cookie doughs mixed up, I want to bake cookies and take them to the real estate office for the owner and others to enjoy, since it has been since Christmas since I sent anything with him....the owner also has been friends with us for over 20 years and she say I am the best cookie baker around, LOL...(she is probably just saying that to keep me baking them)

I need to do some ironing today and I am not looking forward to it, they always say do the chore you detest most first, makes the rest easier....that does not apply to cleaning my walk in shower, must do it last as it requires my full body attention and without clothes, LOL...which I did on Friday, hubby vacuumed all the rooms and I dusted all the rooms and cleaned mirrors in the house, and cleaned both bathrooms, house is done for another week, we probably should vacuum more often but since it is just us and only two rooms that truly get used a lot.

Jostoy, Happy Birthday today, hope you have a good day...eat cake, have some ice cream, splurge.

Have a great day one and all..

Last edited by boffler; 03-19-2018, 08:39 AM.
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Happy Birthday Jostoy! Yes, eat cake and more. Your day to pamper yourself.

Well, we were expecting more storms last night, but they veered south into Louisiana, so we missed that round. Thank goodness.

Not baking cookies, or maybe I should. Yesterday's cake was a foulup. Came apart.

Not sure what today will bring. We may need to get a transfusion. Will know more when John rises.

Have a good day, my Friends.

Comment

Happy Birthday, Jostoy. Enjoy your day!
        Good Morning, World.

Well, the heavy storm and rains didn't occur the other night, and it didn't rain yesterday at all despite the overcast of dreary clouds. Looks like clear skies today, though I see red clouds with the sunrise. Yesterday got to only 63°. Right now it's 37° but supposed to get to 71°. Supposed to. We will see.

We leave mid-morning for the Cancer Center today. I get labwork done for 2 doctors, but I will see only one of them today. Since my blood test last month was missing the platelet count, for some unknown reason, this test is to determine whether or not I need a bone biopsy. I've had 3 in the past couple of years, and it's no fun. They are all ready for if I need it. But if I don't they can cancel it. Please keep your fingers crossed that I don't need it!!!

I'm not making any plans to do anything else today. Unless there's no biopsy needed.
        I'll just take the day as it comes.

Guess I will just close for now and wish you all a great day. 🤗
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          Fingers crossed!!!

Good morning! I haven't heard what our weather is supposed to be so I will be surprised when I open the curtains and blinds, I guess.

Happy Birthday, Jostoy! With all you do for others I hope today is extra special for You!

An old daycare parent brought over a cute kitchen set for us. I have an older one but this one still has all the bells and whistles working on it and it is a corner style, so I changed things around Friday afternoon when she brought it over. The two kids that were still here loved it. Lots of food and pans and such to go with it. It will keep play time interesting between our learning time and outdoor play. I love getting hand me down toys!

I hope your week starts out as happy as Sharon's sounds! And with the song that Donna has got my mind singing! Is that the Mama's and the Pappa's?

Keep smiling! Stay healthy!

Comment

Good morning! No sun here and it has been pretty cold this weekend. Not much sign of Spring!!

I love the food at those Japanese places! We have one here and I have been several times. The food is delicious and the cook puts on a nice show but I do not like eating with a bunch of strangers. I have to agree that I would prefer to order my own food at my own table with my own group!

Lunch yesterday was very nice...caught up with my little brother and his family. We had a little mix up in the beginning...we sat in the parking lot for almost an hour waiting and when we decided to go ahead and eat they were inside waiting for us for the same hour! Oh my..how dumb!

Today I need to run to walmart so will get some groceries there. Classes start back up today and the kid needs computer ink. She had a week to buy ink but yet here it is on my grocery list.

Came home yesterday and did a load of laundry and then my weekly ironing. Watched the Blues win and that is two nights in a row with overtime wins. Plus anytime you can beat a Chicago team is a good day! Always bad blood between Chicago and St. Louis teams and an overtime win is so sweet!!!!!

Sierra just called and while sitting in the classroom her teacher called class. She said they were all sitting there and the email just came through...holy cow. It is the only class she has today and could have slept in so she will go to walmart with me and carry bags. So I need to shower and get moving.

Enjoy the sun and hope it warms up!!

Comment

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine...

Happy Birthday Jostoy....

I am late again...I was going my morning chores....And it took longer..thanks to my two little helpers..

I think it is spring fever..My two helpers..They both run around in the house..Lucky they did not break anything...

I thought i would get this in..The rain it is coming...We are home..
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Happy Birthday Jostoy!

Comment

The good news is that the bone biopsy wasn’t necessary this time. She considered it, but E said if it isn’t necessary it could probably wait.
                The not so good news is that I’m anemic again. It wouldn’t hurt if I took a B12 supplement.
                Most of my labwork is going back to good numbers, which she is going to study and figure out where they’re settling. She was aghast that I’m not being treated with meds. It doesn’t help that I had a bad reaction to the hydroxyurea. And the medicine that replaced it clashed with the cancer treatments. So she is going to look into one JAK-something (which sounds like treatment for direct mutant gene therapy......my JAK2 chromosome gene is where this all began), and see if she can get it down to a sensible affordable price for us.
                She will call me/us later this week and tell us about what all she comes up with.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good evening.

been a busy day... routine housework.. clean up kitchen..bathroom ,etc.. then D. wanted to go to Walmart.. the cat was out of her favorite treats... yes , that is why we went to Walmart... so I bought all my needed groceries there. plus some 81mg . aspirins.sand a big bottle of Acedamin..you know, that tylenol stuff... that is what pcp recommended for my knees..
                  and speaking of knees , tomorrow is second round of injections and we are supposed to have snow !!! lots of snow in the morning .. hoping the roads are
                  open.. because I don't like driving road.s. and to top it all off... there is no way to call and change appt.. they have no phone no. for that office... all phone calls are through a central system.. which is "call the number and hold, hold, hold, hold"..soooo. will just wait till morning to worry about that ..

Happy Birthday Jostoy!
                  Hi Sassygirl!.
                  good to hear the bone biopsy. wasn't needed Jo..
                  Im waving at you Maxie, Paula, Elaine. Sharon.. and Donna.

see you in the morning if I get up early enough.. and hope the weather willies are wrong about all that snow. they have been predicting... .

Comment

Thanks everyone for the B.D. wishes. See you tomorrow.
                    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Working...
                    X