Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday ~ March 18

Good Morning.

Rain in the forecast. Nothing new. Got the raincoat ready.

Church this morning. Not taking a thing for a change. It feels kind of weird.

Speaking of cooking, I made some cornflake cookies yesterday. Don't do it! I threw the whole batch down the disposal.
    Cornflakes do not belong in a cookie.

Hope all is well and that you each have a lovely Sunday.

Hugs ! ! !

Good Sunday morning.

Hi Elaine.. i hardly bake anything anymore.. David doesn't do a lot of sweets and I shouldn't.. besides,, all I need is to make a decent meal a day..
    can't think cornflakes would have fit in cookies .. now rolled oats.. yes, yummies...

we are going to church,,dressed and almost ready.. still winter coat morning.. I will be back later to make sure everyone shows up.
    Hi Sassygirl!

Comment

Morning! Up early to meet my youngest brother and sil for lunch. They texted yesterday to say they were staying overnight at a lodge on the river and could we meet up for lunch...it is only 30 minutes from us. Called my sister but she is in bed with the cold stuff going around. So, Jon and I are heading out for an early lunch.

Pretty dull around here which is good. Also cold and gloomy which is bad. Does not help my disposition and it needs all the help it can get.

I have had corn flake cookies and did not care for them either. Someday I am going to finally make the pistachio with burnt butter cookies...before the ingredients I bought go stale.

Off to shower and looking forward to lunch. Have a wonderful Sunday!!

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, we need that cookie recipe! I love anything with browned butter!

My grandma used to make a cookie called dish pan cookies. They have corn flakes in them and are a favorite of mine to this day.

I got sleep til 9 this morning it was pretty great. I am headed to Small group in about an hour. Will come home do more yard work. I hate gumball trees!!!

Comment

Good morning.
        Yesterday’s weather changed and was supposed to bring heavy rain and winds last night.....but it didn’t happen. But it’s cloudy and we might get rain today. No sunshine. Our high temps plummet to 65° though.

Never had cornflake cookies, but it doesn’t sound appetizing.

After my haircut appt yesterday, we did finally make it to Costco, as there are a few things that are convenient in bulk. Also, I got my JellyBellies for Easter. Price hasn’t gone up, but I swear the containers are smaller this year. So in reality, the price went up.

Nothing much happening here today. A good day for sleeping in, but I’m not inclined that way. E didn’t sleep well last night, so I’ll let him sleep in.

It’s Breakfast time for me, though, and my hot mocha too. I brought in today’s paper and it’s cold out there!

Hope the day is a good one for you all. 🤗
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning everyone..
          Rise and shine...

And we are staying home..Due too rain..And we miss church..But we watch on t.v.
          Hello Aunt Maye...I am sewing some cute things..Like pot holders...And i am using craps...Nothing it is wasted...And stay dry...
          And everyone be safe...

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! It's suppose to hit almost 50 today, but I'll believe it when I feel it.

​Yesterday was good. I was blessed with a bunch of volunteers for the funeral luncheon we served. The widow called a couple times before hand. I told her I'd do whatever she wanted. We were going to ham, but she said her family was big ham eaters. HA! I did both chicken and ham. Guess what most people had on their plates? A piece of each. She also called & said her family wasn't big into coleslaw, but preferred salad, so I made a single head of cabbage for coleslaw and we made a huge bowl of salad. The slaw bowl was completely empty. LOL!!! We had very little leftovers, which was good. I told the Pastor that he better start praying because we were going to need God to stretch the food to feed all the people that came. We were told 100 and I bet there were 110 at least. I was home by 2pm though. Many hands make a lighter load.

​Kathy kept Blaise over for another night, which was nice. Didn't do anything special, but it was nice not having to nag someone to eat, pick up their clothes, go to bed, etc.

​This morning Corky woke with bad back pain, so he stayed home from church and I went all by myself. Stopped at DG to pick up some vegetable oil so I can now bake a few carrot cakes for the freezer. Going to my cousin Linda's to play cards tonight. She came here last week & had such a good time that she ask if she could have us all at her place this week, and her sister Colleen is joining us too. Not quite sure yet what I'm going to take. I wanted to make lasagna but she already had a hot dish planned.

​Have a good one all!

Comment

good cold but sunny morning! Like I went out to et some meat out of the freezer and it was 37*!

Donna, I remember a few times we sent someone on a fast store run to get more of something for a funeral when more people showed up. but I remember so many times when the family said 50+ and we got 30 or less!

My house smells good right now. I made the balsamic vinegar dressing for later and then read the last line of the instructions that say pour over the salad and serve immediately...so, I will see if I can warm it up in the microwave or I will do it over...I just don't want to waste the 1/2 cup of olive oil in it. I am making a spinach and strawberry salad with feta cheese and candied pecans and the dressing. Meatballs in the grape jelly sauce with BBQ sauce in it over rice and asparagus. Becky made a banana sheet cake that after our pieces are taken out she will take the rest and two different cookie recipes to the shelter. She hasn't had time to volunteer on a regular schedule this semester and really misses it. My friends and I have one more dinner on the schedule and then it will be closed for 6 months.

I went to House of Design yesterday. One reason, like you said, maxie, I was Bored! I knew I was looking for table linens but found a few other things, too. I got a table runner, a table topper (small 36" square cloth to go on top of a larger tablecloth) and a nice faux orchid to sit in my pot with the real orchidleaves while I wait for it to start growing again. I also went in looking for some plates they had on display in their Facebook photo, but even though you can eat off them and they are dishwasher safe, they also cost 15.00 each and for just plates I decided to wait. What I really want is a set that looks like the paper plates in the Easter section at Walmart! They have a pastel plaid in pink and lavender around the outside of the plate and I would use those until summer.
              I have china, but my tastes have changed since I got married and since I bought more in the last 20 years. So I don't really want to spend a lot when I do change my mind about things. And none of my kids are into any of these things.

I better stop. I have one more thing to do on the computer for church for our finance class. Why they asked me to be the facilitator is beyond me...making me stretch, for sure.

any of you grow berries? I want to buy some boysenberry plants. They take a year or two to produce, but no one around here sells them it seems and online they are way expensive (and I know that by experience!)

Hope you have a great day and you aren't bored!!!

Comment

Working...
              X