St. Patrick's Day ~ Wear Green!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Patrick's Day ~ Wear Green!

Good Morning. Don't think I own anything green, come to think of it. Maybe I could just eat something green instead.

Well, inspector came yesterday, and it seems we need a new roof. Not surprised, as everyone in this area needs one, as well. Really glad our tractors are in a shed and cars in the garage, so we don't have to worry about that. No telling how long it will take, since we don't have that many roofing companies.

Roast beef for French Dip sandwiches is my goal today. Hope I don't mess it up.

Have a lovely day, Everyone. :

Last edited by ladyebug; 03-17-2018, 07:54 AM.

Good morning everyone

Rise and shine..Early bird get the worm...

I do.!!..It is too late...I was not morning person..I like that to eat something green..
    It is on and off rain..I hope will see the sun..
    My two little want to help..They want to say "HI"...Too much help..lol..
    I like this kitty pic...It is funny...
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! It snowed off & on yesterday but didn't accumulate much and then melted.

​Yesterday was a busy one, but not super productive around here. I spent the better part of the morning & afternoon on the road delivering. Met a customer about a half an hour away. She was stressed when she called me first thing, but by the time I got there, she had calmed down. Just gave her the pies & she immediately left. No chit chatting there. Came home, got the pies ready for the pizza joint, and delivered them. Had an hour before we had to go meet Kathy. Forgot my cell phn at home, so we didn't know she was running late. Blaise fretted. She eventually came. On the way home I delivered the restaurant their pies & cake for the weekend. Decorated a carrot cake for a little girl's birthday. It turned out cute. That was the last pick up.

​Watch some TV while napping. Cork said I was a little noisy. LOL! Once he went to bed, I started baking off the sugar cookie dough. 18 1/2 doz baked so far. I pooped out and still have enough dough for probably 3 more doz.

​This morning I'll be heading to the church for a funeral dinner. I've got the cheesy potatoes already in my oven baking. The ovens at the church done do well baking two shelves of stuff at the same time, so I thought I'd get them started here. There is one more pan of the potatoes, but I'll do them at the church. I'm rocking the boat a little bit by doing my own thing, but I was ask to be in charge, so this is what they get. I followed the rules (traditions) last time. This isn't my first rodeo as they say. The current person in charge really doesn't like to cook, so she does everything as quickly and simply as you can...opens cans & bags, dumps, and serves. OK, it's not quite that bad, but that's what it looks like to me. LOL!

Kathy may be keeping Blaise a second night, but I won't know until noontime she says. If he's not staying, I'll be picking him up when I'm done at the church. I hope he stays. Would like another quiet evening.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Hi, and Good Mornin’ This fine St Patrick’s Day! 🍀

What a wasted day on Friday. Seems every time the hospital “improves” a service, things get messed up!). I was supposed to get labs done for one of the doctors I’ll be seeing on Monday. I checked in. Went to the lab to let them know I’m a port draw. I wasn’t listed in their computer. The nurse made some calls but didn’t come up with anything. While I waited E went to my doctor’s pavilion and asked if the lab paperwork was sent there. No, actually that doctor is currently stuck in the European storms overseas and won’t be able to make it back for my appointment. It’s cancelled. (Okay, why didn’t anyone inform me of the cancellation? What is the policy —- tell me when I arrived for the appointment?)
        So the tech finally comes out of the lab with all the stickers for the lab work. We told her about the confusion, and I was going to have the people at the pavilion straighten out the mess before they do anything else. (Why get lab work when the doctor is AWOL?)
        So I went back to the pavilion to get the story and appointments straight. So what they decided is that today’s labs would be done on Monday with the other doctor’s lab work, so I just get my port stuck once. Then they moved Dr. AWOL’s appointment with me to the following Monday. They called the lab to explain all that. I went back to the lab to reaffirm what they said, to the poor techie on duty as she didn’t seem too sure of anything. I don’t know where the nurse went.
        Well, that killed at least an hour......plus! I’m still keeping my fingers crossed that I won’t need that bone marrow biopsy on Monday.

So, this morning I have a haircut appointment. Heaven forbid that anything goes wrong! I haven’t got a green top, but I got dibs today on E’s green tee shirt. I’d better double check what’s printed on the shirt, though.
        I think after being out today, it’ll be easiest to make a green garden salad for our main meal. Got lots of veggies to use.

That’s pretty much all that’s going on here today. We might make a side trip to Costco after my haircut. That’s just a maybe, though.

You all have a good day! 🤗
        Last edited by JoGee; 03-17-2018, 09:28 AM.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol about the tee shirt comment! I bought some cute flip flops once and then someone said, I didn't know you liked corona beer!
          Hey! they were cute and comfy; how was I to know it was the name of a beer and not a place?

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          That is funny...I have read birthday cards I do not understand! That is one reason I do not buy tees for Andrew without either of the kids around because nothing is just cute anymore. everything has a hidden meaning!

Good morning..i have class today...and just chilling this afternoon.

Work was ok this week...

I went out last night with group I knew a couple of the people and had alot of fun with them...the fire alarms kept going off at the coffee shop we were at. That was a bit bothersome...but we still had a pretty ok time.

Comment

Good Morning! Stormed a bit last evening and I have no idea what the weekend will bring weatherwise. No plans to worry about.

I also do not think I own anything green...but I agree with Elaine and think eating green will be ok. Yesterday I ran the vacuum and dusted! Yes I did!!! Turned the plant so the leaves will turn in the opposite direction for a while. The living room is clean except for the windows and it is to cold for up and down with them. Today I hope to finish the kitchen but will wait to clean windows and curtains for warmer weather. It may not look any different but I do feel better. Ordered a new bed comforter for me on March 3 and it is finally set to arrive today. My first order from Zulily...my sister swears by them so I gave them a try. Now I have to clean my room next week. I just end up throwing things in there and not putting my clothes away and I have never in my life done that. My house was always neat and clean in every room. Of course, I also had control over every room and here I have none. Wish I had some control over this weather because if I did it would be sunny with only night rains to keep things green and the temps would climb into the 90s every day! Can you imagine stepping out and knowing it will be warm? Every single day!!

Happy St. Patricks Day!

Comment

have some green but will not be wearing it. I t needs ironing and I don't feel like doing that right now. Ugh. I hit the weird key again.

It was another evening of hail and thunder storms. during one show the announcement came across the bottom of the screen and then they read it to us Twice and then ran it again...Part of it said, There Will be damage to cars and windows! Hail in part of the county but not here. I saw some video on FAcebook of the area and it was enough someone's child did a snow angel in the hail on the lawn! And it looked like snow.

Who knows what today will be?
            For sure it will be a corned beef and cabbage day! I will share with my mom because Becky doesn't like it. I love it! Gary did, too and we had another friend who was the only one in his family that liked it, so we would always take a big portion to him. That couple moved a couple of years ago.

Elaine, it took about 4 months to get my roof done. So much damage and the same situation: not very many roofers in our town. I used one that was recommended by a contractor friend. So glad I didn't cancel that appointment thinking it wasn't much damage...

Maxie, my room has become the drop off zone. And the resting place for a few things that were in my storage unit that I haven't quite found the right place for, yet. And also I am waiting for the two friends' yard sales...One more big reason I want Spring to hurry up!
            I want a new bedspread of duvet cover, whichever I find first that fits my picky taste. Not special, just need it to be the right color and I can't quite decide which colors. I will know it when I see it. I think.

Well, I'm amazed at all the things you all are doing and the places you are going. I hope you have a great Saturday and stay healthy and happy!
            The Irish in me wishes you all a Happy St. Patrick's Day! Both Gary and I have lots of Irish in us and he always had me make green sugar cookies for his class. And like I said the other day, our kids woke up to green bread, green pancakes or milk for cereal and anything else I could put a few drops of green food coloring in!

Comment

• maxie
              maxie commented
              Editing a comment
              I would have ironed it for you..I actually like to iron and do it once a week. I can totally clear my brain and just iron until my arms start to hurt...old age really does like wrinkles! Several years ago my sis and I drove to KC to help my niece stage her house for selling and she bought some cheap comforters from Zulily. They were not only cheap but pretty good quality so ordered more for herself. Last year I bought a beautiful quilt from Bed Bath Beyond and it is so large I cannot wash it! So I have this pretty and dirty quilt plus I am tired of it. It was love at first sight then suddenly grew into what was I thinking. I am waiting for this new one, yellow, and hoping it brightens my room and that I do not feel bad when I trash it in a year or so. The only problem has been the length of time to deliver. Will let you know what I think of it....

Good Morning, breakfast is over, fixed sausage gravy, biscuits, sausage patties and eggs...it was darn good, made enough gravy to freeze, our son loves it and you can buy the frozen grands biscuits (and they save a lot of trouble). Went to the concert last night and felt young again, 38 Special, I use to be a rock n roll type of girl until the cowboy came along and over time that changed... Well no wearing green today but will be like Elaine and eat some green. I plan on having corn beef brisket, cabbage, potatoes and carrots. We usually do reubens but had those two weeks ago so wanting something different, never have mad a brisket this way.

We have light snow flurries floating around now, kind of what Lisa showed on Facebook. Not much planned for the day except being lazy, not much different than any other day.
            Having such a mix up with a new prescription and order, I now have to use a neubulizer machine 4 times a day, but the mail order prescription place needed to have more info from the Dr. how I would be using the meds, and then the place that I was supposed to get the machine from did not have the order yet, etc., etc., etc. Told my hubby doesn't anyone do their jobs anymore...must it be so complicated...I will no sooner get all of this done that it will all have to be ordered again when I go on medicare..

Elaine hope while waiting for a roofer you don't get leaks, those storms were nasty for sure...just glad you are both safe...how is King doing?
            Maxie hubby and I do our cleaning yesterday, I dusted and cleaned the bathrooms and he did all the vacuuming...now today I do want him to take the valances down from the sunroom windows, wish I could find a more country looking lace curtain for in there...anyone have places on the internet they like to shop for curtains?

Well time to get moving, have a great day every one and may the luck of the Irish be with you always..
            Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• maxie
              maxie commented
              Editing a comment
              Before I sold my house I had bought all new curtains...not good planning. But I got a lot of my valances from Country Curtains. They were more expensive but I had looked a long time at other places. Curtains here came from Penney's because I could return if I didn't like them and I did a lot of that until I found what I wanted. I would iron and then hang then decided I didn't like them. Lot of work but you know when you see them! Good luck!

FYI: My shirt today reads....

"I want time to sit, read, take a nap, and snack.
            Basically I want to get back to Kindergarten."

I can live with that. 😄
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• maxie
              maxie commented
              Editing a comment
              I could live with that too!

My Irish luck must be too Polish!
            My hairdresser didn稚 have me in her appointment system. Her Online sign in hasn稚 worked for me, but I thought it was fixed. Her receptionist just put me in the system.
            I know that yesterday I had a confirmation. But it disappeared somehow. Or it only shows upon my iPad and not my iPhone. I am so frustrated. E is off somewhere having coffee. Luckily someone cancelled, so I知 next. But I値l be done later than planned. She offered me a corned beef sandwich. I hated corned beef! So I have lemonade and lemon cake. I知 not sure I need the extra sugar, though.
            Hereafter I値l only make appointments by calling, and if the discount is available I値l ask for it. 🤬
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
            X