Friday morning hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday morning hello

Good Morning to all, one of those nights when you can't get to sleep then you wake up to early. Went to bed with to much on my mind, and little guy and family I have followed for 5 1/2 yrs. passed away and even though I had never met them they made everyone feel like part of their lives with their post and updates...a wonderful family, so sad..https://www.facebook.com/TrippHalsteadUpdates/photos/a.473997096011848.1073741827.371758639569028/1650350125043200/?type=3&theater

Tonight is the 38 Special concert so our son will be joining us and spending the night, looking forward to it...just have to figure out what to fix for supper...
    Not much else planned for the day....got my grocery shopping for the month done, LOL...never go to the store without a plan and a list,
    Hope to get a chance to come back later and see how everyone is doing, watched Ohio State and KY Wildcats in March Madness games, both teams won, YEAH!!

Well off to take care of a cat that just keeps meowing...
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Good Morning! It's snowing out there right now....just a dusting so far. Yesterday was nice & sunny though very cold.

I'm sorry to hear about Tripp. I've followed him off & on through the last couple of years.

​Yesterday was good. Came home from my test and within a couple hours I was down for a very long nap, but I woke feeling my old self. Got a ton done then. All laundry done up (6 loads), made pie dough & 5x the recipe of sugar cookie dough. Then made & baked 2 pies for an order this morning. Made spaghetti for dinner.

​One of the benefits of this test, was somehow it helped me kick my caffeine habit, so I'm going to try to stay away from pop again.

​We got a call late morning, and the teachers are still out on strike, so Blaise is still home today. I'm a bit miffed though. We were invited to a rally Wed PM for a community healing event. It didn't say it was supporting one side or the other, but rather we come together and work it all out kindly. Well in the newspaper yesterday it said it was a community rally supporting the teachers. I personally think the teachers are being greedy....or rather their union reps.

​This morning I'm meeting a customer that lives an hour away. We are meeting half way. I told her I'd be charging her for gas money & she seemed a bit put off. That's how the rich get richer. Still charging her $5 for delivery. Coming home & start working on those sugar cookies. Meeting Kathy this afternoon after she gets off work, and she's keeping Blaise overnight. I'm then picking up the ham for tomorrow's funeral dinner & dropping it and other ingredients off at the church. I'll then be picking Blaise up after I'm done with that dinner.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      donna, tell that customer I Wish I lived only an hour away! But I would be driving to butler every other week!

Good morning everyone...

Rise and shine...It is nice too see the sun..Rain it is coming...

I did the morning chores..And laundry too...
    My two little helper..They got me up early..little alarm clock...I think they are different time...
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Sassygirl, My two little helpers (?) got me up, too! One was making a not very friendly sound to the other and had her hiding on a chair at the table...Oh, the joys! But it is Friday and it takes a lot more than that to get me down on a Friday.

We had a huge storm last evening. Thunder, lightening, Hail and a tiny power out flicker that of course, even though it came right back on, all the electric clocks and the satellite had to go through the hassle of blinking until I got them adjusted.
      There was a tornado alert that came across all the phones, too. I had the news on and they were kpointing out the area which was SSE from me and not a problem. I thought it was really good advice they were giving people to find the kind of space and to wear bike helmets if they had them to protect their heads.
      No basements around here.

The peanut butter pie was much better the second day! Or the weather made me want something creamy for comfort food. I was going to go to the store and the bank but not in that crazy weather. So, the cat is eating only dry food and I will go to the bank today...I have a prescription to pick up and the probiotics we use.

I hope your Friday is good and your weekend even better.

Comment

• sassygirl01
        sassygirl01 commented
        Editing a comment
        Paula A..you too...Mine jump on my bed..I think it is spring fever...
        That do not sound good...That is right...LOL...
        Please.!!! Be safe...I am glad that know one got hurt...

Morning...Haven't been up to know what the weather is or will be. Yesterday was almost 70 and so nice. Andrew left school early with an upset stomach and we have not heard if he went this morning or not. He did not stay here last night so I am assuming he went back today. Tough little boy! They say some stomach virus and strep throat going around now.

Donna I would have hated a teachers strike when my kids were young...mainly because it will cut into their summer time off! But I do have some sympathy for teachers since both my sil's are teachers and I have a niece who spends summers taking classes that are required AND she already has a masters degree. I am sorry Blaise is out of school because I sure would have hated that! Like my summers way to much!!!!

Paula thank you for answering my question. I will get a card and then need to find an address...she has moved but Sierra says she will get the address.

Since we did not cook last night it is all ready for tonight so no meal planning for me. Should just have to do a load of her work clothes but you never know what else will be piled in the laundry room.

Sharon enjoy your concert.

Comment

Good Friday Morning!
        Looks like we will have a sunnier day today. Slightly warmer, but still in the low/mid 70’s. The backyard trees are budding new leaves. Looking good. The pistach tree in front only lost half its leaves this year, and I can’t tell if the new leaves are budding yet. It looks weird as is. In it’s normal state, it’s a beautiful tree.

Donna, I think teachers deserve a better pay scale. If you want quality teachers, they need to make a decent paycheck. Many excellent teachers have quit and gone on to other careers, because on a teachers salary they can’t even afford a small home and don’t want to live with parents. Some places the schools don’t even provide some basic extra school materials needed for classes, and teachers can’t afford to provide all of it. (This is in addition to what you buy for your child from the list provided at the start of the school year. One teacher said (in the news) that she can’t afford to be a teacher much longer, since her last yearly income was $34,490. That’s roughly $700 a week for shelter, transportation, clothing, food, medical costs, etc. and she’s dealing with roughly 30 kids for 6-7 hours a day. I’d say teachers should get better pay. I know our state has used federal school funding monies in other political motives of their interest, and schools have suffered because of it.....so have the kids. It’s far too much to be repaid, but since that was discovered, people have been keeping a closer eye on school funding and giving politicians pressure about it.

Well, later today I have to go get a blood draw at the Cancer Center. Another one Monday morning, followed by 2 doctor appointments there. 2 draws for 2 doctors, for different things. I wish I had the stamina of the Energizer Bunny. Usually doctors prefer appts on different days, and the computer got confused that I’ll have 2 different doctors on Monday. It tried cancelling appointments then. I don’t know how the guy fixed that.

Oops...very low battery warning on my iPad. Gotta close for now.

Have a good day peoples. 🤗
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• cookielady
          cookielady commented
          Editing a comment
          Our teachers are unionized and make VERY good money. They also have tenure after 3 years, so it makes it near impossible to get rid of a lousy teacher. Our teachers START out around $35,000 and have zero co-pays on health insurance plus a bunch of other things. Our district is very blue collar and the greediness isn't sitting well. Many of the school teachers live it the big expensive homes in the area....$300,000 +. I know other states' teachers aren't paid as well. I believe they should be paid a decent wage, but it should also be according to performance.

Good Morning, have been at Ellen's since Monday. They have a nice place here, in the country but the landlady lives across and down the driveway. Very noisy outside since they are maybe 1/4 mile from the Platte river and it is migration time for the sand hill cranes. All day and night they are calling to each other. The house is built kind of strange, when you come up the driveway, the back of the house faces the main road. So the front faces the out buildings and fields. So the house seems backwards on the property to me.

Comment

Cookie, then I have to agree with you. Yes, the teachers should prove their worth, and be paid accordingly. Teachers who basically "sit on their duff" should not be able to get tenure.
          I know I have taught my kids at home, when they couldn't understand what they've learned from the teacher. I shouldn't have had to. One teacher admonished me for it, but I said if SHE couldn't teach the math concepts her way, I'd show them MY way along with the methods of checking the problems with reverse math. Period! A letter to the city and state school boards and Washington DC initiated an investigation of that school within a year or two. I don't know the outcome because I'd moved, but I did read a news article in a newspaper across the country.
          It's a struggle, I know. Some teachers simply can't toe the mark, and shouldn't even be teachers. But the good ones should be acknowledged accordingly, which might get other teachers on the ball. And those required to continue college classes to keep updated should be reimbursed for that, too.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• cookielady
            cookielady commented
            Editing a comment
            It was published this afternoon the rate scales for the teachers. They START at $45,000. I've had no issues with Blaise's teachers, but I think it's the higher up grades that the teachers start slacking.
        Working...
        X