Thursday ~ 3/15 ~ Good Morning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday ~ 3/15 ~ Good Morning.

Stayed up until 1:30a watching an oyster opening on the internet, and then the cat decided I needed to get up about 5:30. Too old for this.

Well, John did not need a transfusion, but he is right on the edge, so he doesn't have a lot of steam in his engine right now.

Claim agent is coming Friday morning to look at our roof. I haven't looked to see if there is damage from the hail, but we will know tomorrow when he examines it.

The worst of the hail storm was in town, and word is that 90% of the cars - at homes, in sales lots, wherever, are damaged. OMG! Can you even imagine?

Trash day! Yay! Gotta get my $$$ worth of out the service, so I'm going to fill that thing up with something or other.

Donna, so glad you and Kathy are getting good together. Makes me happy to hear this.

Sharon, we have never had family drama. Not having kids helps, I guess. I know you are good at diplomacy, even when your heart takes a bruising.

JoG, did E get his pie? LOL

maxie, sassy, bethie, Paula, Jostoy - everyone have a good day.

Janet, so grateful for your prayers.

I love you all. :d
    Last edited by ladyebug; 03-15-2018, 06:17 AM.

Good Morning to all...the sun is shining but that is deceiving it is COLD out there...Yesterday was busy of course and got even more busy later when hubby and I started looking at all the plans out there best suited for me with supplemental insurance with Medicare...got a good education on that, people telling me what they do or do not have insurance wise, found out each state and county are different, etc. But my husbands company have hired a company that helps you through this process and they will also pay a little over $2,000 toward my insurance...So we want to be ready with what we want and such when we do our phone call to that company...Its amazing to me how much mail and phone calls you get once you get to social security age and sign up....WOW driving me crazy, doesn't do much good to block them they just spoof another phone number.

My plans today are to grocery shop after hubby gets home from real estate office he has a house he needs to measure and take pictures of in the town I like to shop at so we will do this together, I like it when he grocery shops with me, saves me a lot of breath and energy. I am now on a nebulizer 4 times a day, lots of congestion in my lungs he wanted to give me a shot of steriods, I ask him if it was solu-medrol and he said yes, well obviously he didn't look at my chart I had a terrible reaction and ended up in hospital the last time they did that to me, so instead of shots or antibiotic we decided on nebulizer...COPD advancing is not fun, that along with my other problems just makes me shake my head.

Elaine sorry to hear John has not spunk right now, I know this has been a hard journey for him and you....always in my prayers..
    Going to also buy some buckets and do some tomato planting of my own of course hubby will discourage me as he always does but doggone I want to do what I want to do...

Well off to get dressed and finish up my grocery list...thinking I will go ahead and buy two of some things, getting close to time to fill the motorhome..
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning. I think I will look up bucket planting today. Is it like container planting? We are still having rain systems coming in. No going out yesterday but hopefully we will get out today. Too many inside days and kids start to act up..

We had pie yesterday. I let Becky choose it and she chose peanut butter which was fine because I don't like it very much. The one piece was enough. I told her to take some over to a friend of hers recovering form surgery.

Sharon, when I turned 65 I asked a couple of friends what they had chosen and my agent and his wife were also very helpful...It is all so complicated. It sounds like Doug's company has a great deal for you with the $2000.00 towards your insurance.

I hope you all have a good day and be back later or tomorrow to report and fill us all in!

Comment

Morning! Back to my normal morning get up time...that early morning stuff is to dark for me. The only pressing thing I have for today is planning a meal. Right now I am not in the mood for anything which makes planning a meal hard. Why do these people always want meals?

Yesterday Sierra and I ran out for a few groceries and then breakfast. Since I do not remember what else I did I can only imagine it was not much. This winter just keeps hanging on and is sapping all my energy. Suppose to hit close to 70 today with sun but one day is not enough to get me motivated.

I have decided to take one room and clean it from top to bottom. Just nothing but that one room until done. So who says I do not have lifetime goals? The kitchen cabinets and wall have been wiped down but that was more of an accident like once I wiped one spot it just lead to another and on around. So if I wash the rugs and mop the floor and clean the stove and wash the windows and the curtains I could maybe have one room done. But just typing that list has already worn me out...

No news of interest from here. Laundry and deciding what to cook. I have started two books and just want to read so maybe I will. I need summer!!!

Comment

Good morning everyone.

​First off, Maye, I won't be moving to your area OR any other area in Pa. It is too "hilly" for me and too far north. Now you could move to my part of the country, and not have as much snow and no hills. BUT right at this time, there isn't a house for sale in my neighborhood where you could see me work. I could give you details on the "bucket planting" though. Just make sure you dill a hole or 2 in the side of the bucket to let the excess water drain.

​Today is a little grocery shopping then find things outside to do to get a little exercise. Tomorrow is a trip to Vincennes. Think I'll eat at the Chinese restaurant. Been a little hungry for that, and my town doesn't have one with a buffet or a grill.

Everyone be good to yourselves and have a good day.
          Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning
            wow. I'm here... computer land is working properly this morning ...

another night, second one.. where I slept until almost 7am.!.. I could get used to 6-7 hrs sleep a night.. not much on to-do list.. David wants to go for lunch..
            for him it will be a breakfast that he likes.. . so we will be leaving the house.. its still cold out there.. but ... at least not trodding around Walmart etc.
            ... been reading and reading . 4 books since last Thursday. the fifth one I had picked off shelf. is going right back with a remark to librarian that it is quite racy, filthy would be a better word...don't read that kind of junk .

bucket planting?. just want to put my two tomatoes plants in a better , more available site in the yard.. and bucket sound like an answer .

Sharon. and yes, you will get all sorts of calls, mail and more mail .pick a good insurance plan. throw out all mail that wants you to buy something . and hang up on callers selling "stuff".. or have fun with them..if they ask if "is this Sharon? ..answer, Thats my husband first wife . don't call here again in a very nasty voice...hey ,we seniors have to have fun where we can...

better get moving .hubby is getting antsy.. must be hungry..see you later.

SASSY GIRL... Hope to see you yet today!

Comment

Good morning!
              We are, weatherwise, on another cool streak. Today will get only to 70°, and it’ll be partly cloudy. It’ll be in the 60’s & 70’s well into next week, then it’ll hit the 80’s again. Til then, it’s long sleeves or sweaters for me. I won’t complain too much, as before too long I’ll be dealing with significantly hotter weather. 🌵

Yesterday we did go out for a light lunch, and did get our free slices of pie.
              Yes, Elaine, E did get himself a whole triple berry pie, and bought me a “French silk” (or chocolate cream) pie.

What a loss to the world that Steven Hawkins died yesterday. (He was only 6 months older than me!). It’s just amazing that he lived so long with that debilitating disease. He was born on the 300th anniversary of Galileo’s death, and died on Albert Einstein’s birthday (and Pi Day). How fitting for the man!

Well, I need to finish yesterday’s laundry today. I did make an appointment for a haircut on Saturday. The 20% discount is in effect again. Actually it’s a full $20 off so it’s actually a bigger discount than she realizes. Shhhhhhhhh. Don’t tell !

Elaine, you and John, and Sharon, are among those in my thoughts every day, and particularly on the days I have to go for labs and appointments. I have a cousin on a list waiting for a heart implant and suddenly dealing with diabetes. A “”cripple” daughter who has struggled and improved, and although she’s not suppossed to be employed, has managed to get a job with hours flexible to her condition, in order to keep her home now that her kids are grown and gone. And our autistic granddaughter and her problems. My brother’s SO, who just had carpal tunnel surgery, her other shoulder has gotten “frozen”, plus also has neuropathy worse than mine in her feet. I think about others’ problems as well. Then I don’t feel so sorry for my own problems, which don’t seem so bad after all.
              Next time I see my PCP, I’m going to ask about getting a few months of physical therapy, for balance and strengthening.

Maxie, that’s a good plan, one room at a time. I usually find myself going in three directions at once, and I can’t see that much progress.

Well, surely I’m taking much time typing this. Who else has posted ahead of me by now. 😄
              Have a great day, everyone!
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

I also am considering bucket planting. We cannot have a garden for all the varmints..last spring the rabbits ate the hostas and the snails tried to get what was left..but a bucket we could handle. Someone on here posted about a garden in a planter with corn in the center and beans around it and something else. I thought that was so cleaver and then I forgot what to plant.

Jon has been letting Drew help with the grilling and he called this morning to say he promised Andrew hamburgers tonight. Well, all I have to do is buy buns! I love it when a meal comes together and cost me nothing but a bag of buns!

I am showered and been out for buns. No one carried laundry down so will have to drag it through and down the stairs. Maye your racy book makes me laugh. When I was a young stay at home mom I could out read our little library and the librarian was a little old lady..so sweet..and she would hold back returned books from the shelves for me since I read and returned quickly. I once ask for a specific book and she told me I did not want to read that because it was 'racy'. I dearly loved that little librarian but had to sneak in to get books that had a little spice included. Sometimes the strangest memories flash back while reading here!

Sierra has left for work and I need to start laundry. Take care of those dear husbands ladies.

Remember around Thanksgiving when 3 of Sierra's friends were killed in a highway accident? Well, there is never a day that passes that we do not think of those families. The mother who lost both her daughters was a friend and I wonder if I should send a card or something or should I just let her heal. Sierra says the other mother comes through McD's and is very sweet and kind when Sierra waits on her. The mother we were closet to is still secluded. Should I send a card? Some things never leave your mind and Jon will ask on occasion about her. Since I am not in town any longer I do not hear much and would never want to intrude.

Well, here I am mid morning gabbier than I was early morning. I come back here and read and then things pop into my head. A funny thing about dirty laundry is it never a self starter...gotta go give a shove into the wash machine.

Comment

• Paula A
                  Paula A commented
                  Editing a comment
                  As a Mother who has lost an 18 year old daughter, I say send a card.
                  If you have memories of the girls include them. I loved getting others memories that I was not a part of.
                  I think of her and still can not imagine how she must feel.

Hey all!

​Yesterday I didn't get a whole lot done. Got my deliveries made & Aldi's shopping done, then came home & pooped out. That not eating things was exhausting! LOL! The prep wasn't so bad. My Mom came around 9pm after her night out with her friends for dinner & cards. She stayed the night to be with Blaise when we left at 6:10am today.

​Today the teachers officially went on strike, so my Mom didn't have to get Blaise out the door for the bus. We got home about 9:30. The last think I remember was being wheeled past the nurses station and then it was lights out until I woke up. Felt fine. They said there was only one small polyp but she didn't think it looked cancerous. We'll know in a couple weeks. I'm not worrying about it. Came home feeling fine except tired & have a cotton mouth. Finally gave up about 11am and took a really long nap.

​Now it's back to normal life...laundry, cooking, and mixing up pie & cookie dough. I need to bake 2 pies this evening for a customer. She wanted them today, but I actually said NO! That's very rare for me.

Maxie...I'm sure a card or phn call would be very much appreciated.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good afternoon everyone..

I am last again.....

The day just flew by...I had laundry...And odd thing to do...That took my time..

The wind here is awful...They say well get rain..i hope so..And die down the wind...
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                  X