It's Wednesday!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Wednesday!!

Well, I am up early and notice I did not say bright. It is still dark at 7:00...not sure if that is weather related or just the time change. BUT we are up because the guys are going to show and fix her windshield today...then again they were suppose to be here Monday and did not show up. However, if I am up at this ungodly hour they had better show.

Shopping yesterday was a success! Sierra picked up some cute things and I even got a couple of tops. We have a new summer smell from Bath and Body and I even ran into the book store. I have not been in a book store in a while. Lunch out meant no cooking at home and I barely saw Andrew. He and his dad grabbed sandwiches before coming in from the bus and just stayed in the cave all night. I ended up napping until bedtime and Sierra went out with friends..in my car since that crack has overtaken the entire windshield right in her line of vision. It is not the relaxed shopping with my sister but fun none the less.

Today we are grilling pork chops. I need to run to the grocery for potatoes and whatever else will fall into my cart. I see the list has grown. There is always a list!! Need to write out some checks and pay a few bills...depressing bills like car insurance and credit card and income tax due the state of Illinois. Pretty sure I do not get enough benefits from this state to owe them money but we seem to disagree with that.

Have a good day all...it was windy and cold here yesterday so most anything will be an improvement. At least it is not snowing!!

Good Morning.

Hi Maxie! Cold here, too, but we have let the fire go out in order to clean the insert. Using this central heat is NOT cheap!

Back to cancer center for blood check this afternoon. Always a possibility for a transfusion to follow.

We have been on quite a journey with a couple of neurologists, but I won't go into detail. Just so many tests and appointments, that all proved to be unnecessary.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Have a good day, my Friends.

Comment

Good morning everyone...

We had some wind last night...We have 2" of snow to day...

I fixing the wreath...It need more fabric...It was out in the rain...
      It is good day to stay home...

Comment

Good Snowy Morning! It's down right blustery out there...wind & snow....BRRRRRR!

​Yesterday was good. Didn't accomplish a lot before I had to leave for the VFW, but I did get some ladylocks rolled out & onto the pins. Headed over to the VFW and we served lunch. It's a good thing I cooked & prepped everything at home. That kitchen is a hog hole. Fortunately one of the ladies from the Golden Agers cleaned some of the counter tops & Clorox them. I knew some of the ladies because they are friends of my Mom. My Mom just refuses to join in. We were cleaned up and out of there by 1pm.

​I came home and finished cutting and rolling the ladylocks. Kathy arrived at 3pm and I took her into the new Sharp Shopper grocery store. We had a great time together. She was amazed at their prices. I fronted them some money because she found pull ups at a fantastic price. She took all the stickers off before she went home because I guess Matt is funny about discount stores. Whatever. It was just so nice to be out with Kathy and actually laugh and talk like normal people. There is hope! Came home and baked a pie for the doctor's office, baked off the ladylocks, and put the finishing touches on a fudge cake for an order today. Got a call from a newer customer and one of her twins requested one of my carrot cakes for her birthday. The other twin wanted cheesecake. Think they like cream cheese!

​This morning I'm going to fill the ladylocks, then deliver the pie to the doctor and the cake to the school. Will make a quick trip into Aldi's. Today is prep-day for my colonoscopy, so no food, just clear liquids and the gallon of stuff to drink. Have nothing planned for this afternoon, but who knows what will come. I do need to mix up a bunch of sugar cookie dough.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• jostoy
          jostoy commented
          Editing a comment
          Donna, I'm sure "something" will come after that gallon of prep stuff. Good luck on being able to do anything this afternoon.

Oh, the thought of those cookies!
        It is dark at 6:42 also! time change for sure...

This will be a long day for Becky and since she has the car it will be a no go anywhere day for me. She has to attend some presentation for her internship. It means not getting out till 8:00 and not getting home until almost 9:00 and we are having Weather! Not like you guys have had, but dark, windy and rainy on some country roads..

Donna, my WA DIL was and probably still is, the opposite of Matt: she didn't like anything that cost a lot! I learned to use a red pen and mark down price tags so she thought I didn't pay very much for dresses and clothes fo rRylie when she was little. Now I just ask her for links to what the kids want and Rylie also knows to text me with things she wants! We have all grown and matured since way back then, but I definitely am the spendier grandma...and they know it. But I am not in the next town and Jenni finally realized this is one way I feel close to the kids.

Trash day here and I haven't heard them come by, yet. I had only one big container to put out. I really need to either really start getting rid of things or call and have them come get the second container. I keep thinking: Next week when the weather is not so cold, etc. I will get more out there..I know what the people in the self reliance finance class would say. We are to be tracking expenses and seeing where excess is flowing out.

I need to close and start the real work of the day. I did a load of whites and need to change them over and start the darks before any kids get here and they sit all day.
        Hope your weather is getting better and really hope John does not need a transfusion...but so thankful he has good care!

Take care of yourselves and see you all soon!

Comment

Good morning. HAPPY PI DAY!
          I took a sleeping aid last night. Feel a bit tired yet this morning, but it’s an hour past my get-up time.

It’s a bit overcast this morning, but it’s supposed to be sunshine and 84° today. Tomorrow there is a slight chance of rain, and the high will drop to 70°.

We need to get a bit of shopping done. I want to go to Costco for my Easter jellybeans before they sell out. Then to the grocery store for a few things.
          Then to the pie restaurant for the free pie, or the whole pie discount ($2 off a whole pie), which is what I think E is after.

Need to get dressed and busy. Got laundry to do today, as well.

Have a good day, whatever you’re doing.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning.

​Well yesterday turned out to be "some" work day for me. My friend stopped by to ask if I was ready to get the dirt for my "garden". He had found some good dirt at the city park. So we got 5 bucket fulls. I even went back for another bucket after he left. He has a pickup so we could get the dirt right into the "tomato buckets". With the "sticks" on the buckets, they wouldn't fit in my car.

Also called my contractor to come and give me an estimate to finish the house projects. Will be getting the laundry room and half bath/furnace room done. But I asked him to count on middle to last of may to start the project.

​So today I will drill the holes in the buckets and the wood box I made for my cucumbers. Then it will be to sit back and wait for planting season.

​This afternoon I get my taxes completed. That will be a load off my mind, as well as my checking account.

Everyone have a good day. Donna, stay close to that bathroom.
            Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

This is Sharon's post from this morning

Good Morning, yes Wednesday is the half way mark until the weekend, I still look forward to weekends for some reason, maybe because those are the only two days that nothing is scheduled...
              On Friday we have tickets to go see 38 Special, our band our era, our youngest son is coming down from MI and going with us, so I best have some sausage and evaporated milk in the house, he loves my sausage gravy and biscuits.
              And since it is the half way mark it is also my finger poke day...and I have an appt. with pulmonary Dr. also...
              Donna I can't talk to my daughter about her Dad I am actually not even supposed to know, there is a code of silence we go by I guess, so if one child told me I am supposed to not repeat what I have been told...I will never understand what happens to children when they grow up, it really is only the daughter that is causing the tension, I believe her Father visiting her family in GA is what probably caused his attack of anxiety being around my son in law will do that to a person, I could write a book about how I feel when I am there, under a microscope and he makes you feel unwanted for sure, hubby reminds me I need to do it for the grandgirls...I want to stay in a motel, hubby says that would cause way more trouble, LOL...To old for this *hit!! Wish I could just let lose and say how I really feel but that has far reaching repercussions...guess we all have troubles.. I can honestly say that I truly believe my daughter is controlled and brainwashed by her hubby because she was not that way until being with him...CONTROL..
              Well enough of my complaining need to find some breakfast and hit the shower and get ready for my day....Hugs to all, hope I didn't ruin your day...
              Last edited by jostoy; 03-14-2018, 12:32 PM.
              Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

good evening

was not able to get her , had to log in again... weird..anyhow was my favorite old people day...... had a good long nights sleep ..got up refreshed. .. energy.. got my downstairs house mopped, sweepered. dusted. tidied up.. did routine house stuff upstairs . make hubby good lunch( our dinner)... then got to read read read... snooze.. etc.. no trips to make ,,and no decisions to make... just now read all your post

Sharon ,,tension not good for you ... my unsolicited advice... make as little contact ,,next to none , with that group of people!!!!! .. no excuses ,, will be better for your heart and health!...

Jostoy , if the house across the road from me goes up for sale. I'm calling you to come buy it...I WANT you as my neighbor!.... would like your expertise on how to plant in buckets. and just to have the joy of watching you .. you are one busy lady...

HI SASSYGIRL so happy to see you here today.

Elaine ,, your always in my prayers and on my mind.
                Maxie, glad you found some goodies while shopping. I really don't like to shop anymore .altho. we were in our favorite store monday and I found a lovely
                open front sweater... the kind you put on over your church blouse. to dress. to keep the arms warm.. on sale . otherwise ,I only shop when it is absolutely necessary..

see you all tomorrow.. Donna is in my thoughts this evening .

Comment

Working...
                X