Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday Monday ~ March 12

Good Morning.

Well, I must say that March is really coming on like a lion. Our area has had so much damage from 90-MPH winds and hail that I hate to see what these insurance companies are going to be dealing with.

It looks like our roof may have some damage. Some of our friends had severe roof and auto damage. The road plows were called out to clear some of highways of hail. Strange days.

Well, back to doctor again this afternoon.

Expecting a niece this morning for short visit, so I must get the house presentable.

Have a good day, my Friends.

I will be watching good Morning America to see what they show of your area, Elaine. It just sounds terrible. I don't think we have ever had 90mph winds.
    Two years ago when I had some damage from a tree falling , I almost cancelled the insurance agent because I didn't think it was very much damage and it ended up needing a new roof! So definitely have the agent check for all damage. It was a blessing in disguise...

It will be a slow starting Monday with the time change and how it effects the kids. I am just going to focus on being as patient as I need to be and not having a tight agenda...I changed a few things around to make them more available to the kids and less needing me to get things down like puzzles kept near the table where we do them and not on the big window sill where I have had them...Little things that the 2 1/2 year olds can do on their own.

Take care today and see you all later!

Comment

Good morning.
      I think I have a slight cold, my head a bit stuffy, and some coughing. Could be worse, though.
      We do need a few groceries today. I need to make a list.

Yesterday the paper didn’t arrive. I called twice about delivery. E had to pick up his prescription and also picked up a paper. He no sooner brought it home and the lady who now delivers called to say she’s on her way (at noon) to deliver it.
      Guess she’s still learning the route.

Yes, March is not too friendly this year. Hope it settles down soon. Sorry to hear about the roof damage, Elaine. We haven’t had winds like that in a few years, but what we had took most of the panels off my greenhouses. E has to break down the structures and trash them.
      We still have some cloudy days ahead. Dreary.

Well, not much new here.
      Guess I’ll have breakfast and deal with today.
      Have a good day! ☀️
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Morning...so sorry that you are experiencing that horrible weather in Texas. We had snow yesterday and it was a blustery cold day but that is pretty typical for around here. Hope the insurance company gives you good news.

Yesterday I did do the ironing but had no desire to do anything else so the floor chunks and dust bunnies are still in charge. What is wrong with me? I am going to use the time change excuse although most of this dirt days back since the last time change. Tomorrow Sierra and I are taking our big shopping trip and Wednesday is just to far into the future to think about mopping floors. Maybe I just need a change of scenery and the mall will be my inspiration. I know it will lead toward my bankruptcy! Andrew got his boots so now I need to play fair. Is this why I see grandmas in walmart with their clothes to small? They have just shopped for their grands and cannot afford to dress themselves? Or do we just not care anymore?

Have the crock pot simmering away and will just need to make rice later. Sierra is on Spring break and off work today but already has plans to meet up with friends that have come home for their breaks after her car window is fixed. Jon is off today but is still not feeling great with that horrible cold thing. My nephew is a pharmacist and told him what he is taking is ok to take together and what the doctors are recommending...he has had it himself. Thank goodness none of the rest of us have caught this!!! I did go out for kleenex and Puffs are back on the shelf so maybe the flu is backing down?

Don't know what I will do today...I am very sure all of you will be more productive than me and that you do exactly what you want. I have spent the entire winter doing what I want and have cobwebs growing out of my head!!

Comment

Good morning..has anyone seen my motivation?

I have been cooking at home more than eating out or just eating frozen pizza. This week I want pasta. I am having McDonald's for lunch because I can.

Comment

• maxie
            maxie commented
            Editing a comment
            Nope, I have not seen your motivation...none here either. Someone around here must have a pile of it if you and I are both missing ours!!

Good afternoon everyone...

We did not see the sun to day..It is snowing...Good day to stay home...

Working on my pillow case quilt...I wish summer was here...

Comment

• Paula A
            Paula A commented
            Editing a comment
            You are always working on something! This quilt sounds like one I really would want!
            Do you use the whole pillowcase or cut it?

• Paula A
            Paula A commented
            Editing a comment
            I tried to reply to your message but not sure if I did it right. Let me know if you got it, ok?

Hello, no motivation here either. Ellen is picking me up when she gets off work, will go stay with her a few days. She said that Ebil is being a brat, and she thinks it is because Larry and she are both working long hours, so cat is bored and lonely. Anyhow I'm still sitting here in my nightgown, don't have my clothes ready or anything.

Comment

Good afternoon.

Well I have motivation, BUT I am hurting too much to use it. Will need to go to E. Jones to pick up a letter to send in with my taxes. They didn't take out my MD last year, so now Uncle Sam gets 50% of what I was to get. Have been waiting for this "couple of days" for 3 weeks. The good thing for me is that E. Jones said they'd refund me if Uncle Sam doesn't as it was their fault.

​Also need to stop by the post office and newspaper office. The news paper had an add that the newspaper was not to be put in the mailbox. There were several people in my S.S. class who said they would drop the paper. I say the add was for town people. The rural people pay postage for their paper. So I want to get this straight as 1 guy in class said I was wrong. I may be, but just want to know as E. was one who said she'd drop the paper.

​Anyway, as you can see I won't be doing anything real hard today. Hope all are having a good day.

For a couple years I've been blaming it on lack of sleep or too much pressure from my job, but now I've found out the real reason that I am always tired. I'm overworked.

The population of this country is 237 million. 104 million are retired. That leaves 133 million to do the work.
            There are 85 million in school, which leaves 48 million to do the work.
            Of this there are 29 million employed by the federal government, leaving 19 million to do the work.
            2.8 million are in the Armed Forces, which leaves 16.2 million to do the work.
            14,800,000 people work for State and City Governments. That leaves 1.4 million to do the work.
            At any given time there are 188,000 people in hospitals, leaving 1,212,000 to do the work.
            Given that there are 1,211,998 people in prisons, that leaves just two people to do the work, you and me.
            And you're sitting at your computer reading jokes
            !
            Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Hey all! How ya doing? It's another sunny one today though mighty chilly. Hey Elaine, don't they say in Texas they do everything BIG?!?! I would have been afraid it would have broke windows too.

​Yesterday was good. After dropping off Blaise at Kathy's, I came home & took a power nap, then got started in the kitchen. Made a roaster full of cheesy potato soup for tomorrow's lunch for the Golden Agers. Then I got started in on getting ready for cards last night since I was hosting it. I was pretty pleased with how clean the kitchen & dining room looked. There was 6 of us and tons of laughs. Really enjoyed my Aunt P and cousin Linda joining us. Will have to invited them again soon.

​This morning I went to Sandy's to help sort eye glasses. We were good. We got done almost an hour earlier than usual. I then ran to Saxonburg to pick up my Rx for my colonoscopy prep that starts tomorrow. Also stopped at the library. Got myself a book by the same author as the book I just finished. I just finished up making the sloppy joes for tomorrow, so I think I'm ready with everything for that meal. I really should cook a real meal for the family tonight since I won't be cooking or eating much Tue & Wed. At least that's the excuse I'm going to use.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Working...
              X