Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunday ! March 11 ! Welcome to Daylight Savings Time!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday ! March 11 ! Welcome to Daylight Savings Time!!!

OMG Y'All! We were hit by the worst hail storm about 11p last night. Had no warning. It sounded like these windows were being hit with a bat. Have no idea what the roof or the yard looks like.
    Local folks are all posting photos of the hail in their yards on FB.

Well, I must get to church. Friends came over at 7:30 Friday night and stayed until 11:30. We were all stunned that the time flew by so fast. She brought brownies, so I want to go to church and return her pan.

Have a good Sunday, Everyone.

Stay safe.

Morning all I am headed out the door in about an hour for Bible study...desserts was my assignment today so I made kool aid pie.

This afternoon going to find something to read

Comment

That was some storm...and unexpected? Scary! We are going to have rain change to snow but I am not sure what direction it is coming from so could be your storm or a remnant of it.

Yesterday my sister and bil surprised me with a visit. They had been in St. Louis picking out flooring and my bil wanted to cross the river to see the bird sanctuary and since they were 20 minutes from me decided to stop by. I got to see the lights she has picked out and the flooring. Everything is now picked out and waiting to be installed. As soon as the walls go up inside we go for a tour. It will be so nice to have her just an hour away instead of 2 hours.

Clocks are changed but I am not a fan of time changes. I know I should not care at all because it really does not affect me but actually it does. Plus I see no reason for it. The days of having to save daylight for energy purposes are long gone.

Today I am going to run the vacuum and dust. I got caught with chunks on my floors when my sister showed up! I know this has needed to be done for a while and I have no reason for letting the house get into this shape. It just seems like it is never ending. I used to run the vac once a week whether it needed it or not and now I need to do it twice a week and it needs it! So not only are the chunks going to disappear but the dust in the corners will be making an exit too. And today is also my ironing day. Plus it is going to snow and looks like it. AND I have to run to the grocery so I can start the crock pot tomorrow morning. What a bummer Sunday!!

Need to decide if I should go to the grocery before cleaning or vice versa...probably first since that sky looks like something is going to start soon. But first I need to shower. Have a great Sunday everyone.

Comment

Good morning!
        Yesterday morning I camedown with a sinus pressure headache....hadn’t had one in eons. But needed to nap a bit for it to go away. Woke at noonish, didn’t feel like having lunch so E made himself something. I’d started coughing a bunch. Didn’t get much done here. E heated frozen dinners for supper. Then late afternoon we had a bit of rain, a light sprinkling only. ☔️
        This morning is gray and dreary outside. Looks like there was a light sprinkling of rain. Temps going only to mid-70’s today. The paper is late in coming. And I’m still coughing today. Soup is probably in order today. I don’t need this.
        Maybe oatmeal for breakfast is in order, too.

Today can take care of itself. I’m not making any plans. If I feel better, I’ll get something accomplished. If not, it can all wait another day. Right?

I’ll just settle in my chair with my mocha for now. Hope the paper has arrived by now.
        You all have a great day! 🤗
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good afternoon everyone..

That strom it is coming to us...It was cloudy this morning did not see the sun..With this time changed..

We went to church..I want to go to Wal-mart...But we have down pour...And that wind was awful...I thought it we good to go home..I have enough food for few days..

I hate run around in that rain and wind..

And tonight for supper..It will be fish with mash potato...,corn..All i need it is cake...lol..
          I hope everyone will be safe with this weather...

Comment

• Paula A
            Paula A commented
            Editing a comment
            What town and state do you live in, Sassy?

• sassygirl01
            sassygirl01 commented
            Editing a comment
            Paula A..I send you message.......please check..thanks..

Oh, Happy good smelling morning to you all! I had the crockpot on all night with a pork roast It is for shredded pulled pork and it cooks for 16-20 hours! Half way through you turn it. I got up and shredded it and it just is perfect! All you do is rub the roast with 1 1/2 T of sea salt (I use Hawaiian sea salyt or Himalayan sea salt) and the with 1 1/2 T of liquid smoke.

Also fixing a coleslaw with pineapple and toasted slivered almonds and fresh pineapple in it. Do I sound ready to eat, or what?

I have a friend who has been texting me right and left while I have been trying to read and post here. I finally thought and texted her: did you turn your clocks back??? NO! She did not. I wondered why she was so chatty when I know she has church an hour earlier than I do!

Church and then friends over for dinner and then my finance class. today will go quickly.

I talked to my neighbor about his flowers out front and he actually went out of town for them. There is a wonderful nursery about 20 miles north so I may venture for a ride.

That weather sounds awful, Elaine! I hope no big damage to your trees or house.

I better get moving. I need some make up to be presentable and not scare anyone!
          Enjoy your day of rest!

Comment

• sassygirl01
            sassygirl01 commented
            Editing a comment
            That sound good..I will be right over..I love pull pork...Save a sandwich for me....ME.!!!!..
            I got rain this morning...Brrr...
            that is right..No.!!! sewing..

Oops....better check your clocks and move them forward, not back.
          Remember: “Spring forward, Fall back.”
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Afternoon all! It's sunny here today.

​Yesterday was good. The morning got shot with the boys. I made a hot breakfast...eggs, sausage, hash brown, & biscuits. Lawrence wants to make sugar cookies, so I got that mixed up and they cutout & decorated cookies. I only made a half a batch of dough. Sent most of them home with Lawrence. Came home & decided I should got into town to Sharp Shopper to get my supplies for the dinners I have to cook for this week...funeral & Golden Agers. I thought I'd do it today, but then Corky reminded me that they are closed on Sundays.

​Came home and made up 3 big foil pans of cheesey potatoes and put those in the freezer. Made us some taco meat for supper, and sloppy joes for tonight's card party. We watched Rio as a family. We rarely can get Cork to sit down with us.

​Church & SS this morning then dropped off Blaise at Kathy's. I came home and went straight to bed for a 30 min nap. I'm now back in the kitchen prepping. I've got the potatoes on cooking for the cheesy potato soup for the Golden Agers on Tues. Also cut up the veggies. Had hoped to make their sloppy joes too, but the meat is still frozen solid. I'm hosting the ladies tonight. There will be 6 of us, which usually there isn't. My youngest cousin & oldest cousin will be here! My SIL said snacks only, but I know the routine...nobody will still eat before coming...hence...sloppy joes. Also making a veggie plate w/dip and cheese & crackers. The biggest job? Getting this place looking presentable. I'll do that after I'm done making the soup.

Hope you feel better Jo!

Have a good one all!

Comment

Working...
            X