No announcement yet.

Saturday March 10th....Rise & Shine!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday March 10th....Rise & Shine!!!

Good SUNNY Morning!

​Didn't accomplish a ton around here yesterday, but I did get my errands run with Blaise in tow. He wanted a friend to come over, but the first 2 weren't available. He was being very good, so I called his BF from last year's class, and not only did he come to play, but stayed overnight. Two boys are noisy. They were in bed though by 8:30 and sleeping early.

​Not sure what today will bring. I'll be meeting Lawrence's mom at the same location as yesterday. The boys would like to make cookies. Once Corky gets out of the kitchen (working on the dishwasher), we'll get our day started. Man, is he grumpy. Hasn't said a nice word to anyone. Frustrated I'm sure with the DW. Need to do some cleaning around here since I'm hosting cards tomorrow night.

Have a good one all!

Good morning!
    Cloudy here today. I was surprised to see we have a 30% chance of rain today, plus going to 81°? I won't hold my breath, although any rain is very welcome.

Didn't accomplish too much yesterday. I made some chicken-stuffed jumbo shells for dinner yesterday. They were okay. I put the leftovers in the freezer. I have another pan to cook today, but I'll be switching cheeses. Also, this time I'll use the microwave instead of the slow cooker. The shells are mostly pre-cooked anyway before stuffing them.

No problem finding something to do here today. I'm just tired of the on-going never-ending housework. Maybe I remember incorrectly, but seems I had less to do when the kids were still at home. I doubt that E has discarded as much stuff as I have. But we can't keep it all! But he is tearing up a lot of stored boxes.......now, of all times, when I need to pack stuff in them for the kids or for Goodwill. Duh!

Well, that's all that's currently going on. I would like to get my haircut next week, before my next two medical appointments the following week.

The stupid next generation of pigeons is on our roof cooing and pooping. Probably need the car washed again as well. E has to "train" the pigeons every spring to avoid our roof. It is no help that every Wednesday our neighbors on the west side of us put out seed blocks and refill their feeders. They thought we were throwing some kids of weed-seeds into their yard, but it's growing on the west side of our yard too. It's whatever else those danged birds eat and poop out in our yards. They probably don't believe him. The early-sprouting seeds look like baby corn plants, but it's not corn as it doesn't grow more than a few inches. Did you know that bird poop can damage the paint on your car? It doesn't do much good to the Mexican tiles on our roofs, either. I interrupted the pigeon real estate agent who was trying to get a couple other pigeons to nest under the back porch roof. I slammed the Arcadia door, and that ended the potential for that sale!

I finished my cinnamon toast, and almost done with my mocha. Time to start my day.
    You all have a beautiful, happy day! 🤗
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      I hate bird poop! There is some ornamental blue berry on my neighbor's side of the fence that the birds eat and then sit in the tree in my yard that covers part of the driveway...When Becky's car sat on the RV driveway it was a constant car wash and clean up with that horrible stuff. Now I am cleaning it off the driveway. It jus tlooks bad (I think) when parents come up to the door to bring kids.

Good morning ,Cookie, and others who beat me to posting as well as those behind me.

​Very sore in the back this morning. Yesterday afternoon, I put my porch swing back up , and got the table and chairs back out. Then I decided to get the mower out, and pick up all the rubbish that has accumulated in my yard over the winter.

​Later today my intentions are to get the roller out and fill it with water so I can roll the yard. It is very heavy when filled cfompletely full. I had to take the bracket off yesterday after picking up the rubbish so I can hook onto the roller. Will need to go fill up all my gas cans first.

Ya think I'm rushing spring just a bit? I always like my yard looking nice.

Better go get me some breakfast and get dressed for the day.

Everyone have a good day.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Well no wonder your back hurts. But I do understand wanting to get the yard work started...I am pretty sure the dwarf lilac has leaf buds. Very small but a hint of green? Can it actually be that close? Take care of yourself cuz you got all summer to do yard work..

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      I want to get some primroses like my neighbor planted around his tree. I just want some color!
      Maxie, I checked my big lilac bush for buds, but not sure...My cala lilies are one of the first to bloom and they are only showing green leaves now.

Good morning...I am headed to a healthy meal planning class in a bit...but having my driver stop for my favorite junk food breakfast first...When I get home from the class I must get some groceries into this house even if its just sandwich stuff....The store closest to my house doesn't have a lot of my favorites...I am supposed to going to Trader Joe's for a change on Monday.

I do need to make a dessert for Bible study...I will be making a trifold dessert with vanilla wafers chocolate chips cool whip and chocolate syrup and chocolate pudding.

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      I like your plan, Bethina!

Morning...started a post and lost it already. Hate when that happens!

Understand sleepovers...Jon and his best friend lived together summers. If one wasn't here the other was there. You become good friends with the other parents because they are partially raising your kid and vise versa! Them baking cookies brings back a memory. Those boys would mix the batter and bake enough to fill themselves up. They were pretty good at baking choc chip cookies! Funny how I thought of that after all those years.

Well Aunt Maye, I know how you feel mornings with David and the cat having a conversation. This morning both Sierra and her dad were up at 430. I am always awake at that hour but was not 'up'. There was no whispering but full blown street voices...had to turn up the tv! I do not know what they had to talk about at that hour but they had a lot to say on the subject! How rude!!

Sierra called right before her dad got home yesterday to say she had a crack in her windshield. It was not there when she got to work but had grown into a full spider crack across the passenger side. The size of it alarmed her dad so he and Andrew drove over to look. Impressive he says. He arranged for the window replacement and then the two of them conversed through me. Why they could not just text each other and leave me out I do not know. AND then this morning she texts to say her schedule had changed and dad needed to change the place for the replacement. She could not at 6AM deal with her own dad direct? I know for a fact they were both up and awake and at work!

When I walked out this morning the sun was shining in the right direction to show me I need to run the vacuum. I knew that I needed to move furniture and do a good cleaning but who wants to do that? As soon as the weather breaks I am hiring Andrew to clean out my car...I could pave a road with the rocks on the floor boards. Evidently I like clean and can notice dirty but am not inclined to do much about it anymore. I have lowered my own standards!!

No cooking this weekend but I sure am in the mood for friend chicken. My husband loved fried chicken and I cooked it a lot for him and I am thinking I have not fried a chicken since he died. KFC is not home fried chicken but the sides make up for that. Think I may drive over this afternoon and bring home a couple of meals. Jon will go to the boy cave and we do not even have to eat together...how's that for family friendly?

Finished my book yesterday and started another...appears I have collected a bunch of Patterson books. Beats watching the news. Jo it is so hard going through years of possessions! I am so glad I have that done...now Scott is going to sell his house and he has ask if I want anything back...lordy no!! NO RETURNS!!

Enjoy your Saturday and hope it is sunny and warm and full of good news!!

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh my gosh! I Love all the posts this morning and yours made me lol a couple of times!
      I think I will go to the barbecue diner and get some chicken thighs. He does a nice dry rub and your talking aobut fried chicken convinced me.

By the way, I just read that Daylight Savings Time begins at 2 a.m. tomorrow. Set your clocks ahead 1 hour.
    One more sign of the oncoming spring season, I guess.
    Not that it affects us in AZ, except for the Navajo tribe in the NE part of our state.

Nalani, if you’re reading here, Hawaii doesn’t follow DST either, does it?
    Last edited by JoGee; 03-10-2018, 10:51 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

I need a little Spring and today I am going to get it. I am changing the tablecloth and putting on a pastel pink plaid and putting up my lilac wreath.
      I said above I am going to get some flowers for out front, but will have to go to Home Depot since Walmart didn't have the ones I want. My neighbor has some in his yard that his lawn service planted.

I like DST. At least this year. I twill be hard on the kids for the first week if history is any indicator, but it makes for a great nap time! I like it because it makes going to the store after daycare much better. Anyway, nothing I can do about it. One of those It is what it is things.

I am finishing a book, mazie, that has been so tense at times I just have to take a break. I used to read all the Patterson books but some of them got too much for me. Since my husband died I have become more emotional and that is saying a lot! Ugh. I hate tearing up all the time...

The dinner for the shelter turned out great. Really the only thing that is stressful for me is the timing of getting it cooked and delivered. Like I want it to be cooked in the morning and All done and still need it to be warm for their dinner...Becky got home form school in time to take it for me and so no rush after the final child was picked up.

I have a nail appointment at noon so a lot of time to do things around the house...

I hope you all have a great day!
      Jo, I had three big bags out for the donation truck yesterday and was so happy to see him pick them up and drive away! The yard sale items are accumulating and I will actually have some clear spaces in closets and the office.

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        I had to stop reading Carl Hiaasen books in public. He was just so bizarre and hit my funny bone and I would be cracking up in doctors offices or wherever I was. Maybe I should look him up and reread some of those books...I always looked forward to a new book then he started writing children's books. Guess we are still good to go if a book can move us to emotion!
    Working...
    X