X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday ~ March 9

Howdy Folks!

Up early. Cat.

Got a call yesterday that John's urine culture grew something or other. Shot of Rocephin needed ASAP. Ran to doctor. Had him check John's ears. Earwax. So drops for that.
    Hope it helps his hearing because it has really been bad.

So today, scan on his carotid. I tell you, its' something EVERYDAY! I just wonder where this is taking us. Then on to the tax man, I hope.

Anyway, I have plenty of time to mop the floor before we have to leave, and it REALLY needs it.

Hope you all have a good Friday.

Good morning...Heading out the door to work in 15 or 20 minutes...Will be glad to have a couple days off....The surpervisors seemed to be in better moods yesterday..today I work then I volunteer then I come home...I may order boneless wings and bread sticks tonight or will ride my bike to the store and find something to fix...or I could just make chili mac.

Comment

Good Morning! We still have snow floating in the air. We might have got an inch overnight. It looks pretty out there.

​Yesterday was good. After Bible study I went for a massage. A local lady was running a introductory special, so I gave her a try. My neck isn't crunching as much. Came home and started working on the sugar cookies. Baked them and iced 6 doz flowers. Dinner was each for his own...I had a taco salad. I was beat, so I watched a couple shows and went to bed.

​This morning I need to get things ready for deliveries. Blaise is off school for an In Service Day. I promised him Burger King and we'll make a quick stop at Giant Eagle to place orders for the meats & buns I'll need for next Saturday's meal at the church that I'm in charge of. I might bake a couple carrot cakes for the freezer. I then should be well stocked with the pies & cake that the restaurant orders. That way I can start working on my Easter cookie orders.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good Morning and a very cold one it is, just a dusting of snow, trash day so I got up and got the trash bag out of trash compactor and rounded up all the small trash cans and anything in fridge that wouldn't go down disposal..then when hubby gets up he can take it to the curb..

Yesterday went fast, don't like the late afternoon infusions, get there at 1:30 leave at 4:45p.m. drive home 40 mins. I prefer the morning ones that way it doesn't seem like it takes the whole day away.It surely was a cold blustery day yesterday, had to run into the store and the wind was horrible.

No plans yet for the day, supposed to be a repeat of yesterday so a good day to stay inside, we do need to make a run to the store for the usual weekly buys, milk and bread..

Donna as usual busy, busy...do it now because age and any illnesses surely do slow a person down.

Elaine, I know it must be hard trying to do all you can for John...in my prayers dear lady.
        Beth glad the moods improved at work.

Well time to go rustle up some grub.. Have a good day one and all..
        Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning.
          Looks like a cloudy day, but the temps have been sticking to the low 80’s. Rain actually expected later next week, and the temps will dip down into the 60’s then.
          I finally had a good nights sleep, without waking during the night. Yesterday I finished a few loads of laundry. I small load left for today if I feel like doing that. But there’s still plenty of other stuff to get done. The floors need mopping, which isn’t easy with E underfoot.

LB, sorry that John is going through so much. Hope the doc can fix this latest problem.

St Patrick’s Day is coming quickly. Thinking of surprising E with green eggs and ham for breakfast. I need a green shirt.
          Oh, I borrowed his new green tee, so never mind. I used to color marshmallow fluff green (mixes easily if you heat it a bit in the microwave) and mix in mini chocolate chips, to make PB & marshmallow sandwiches for my kids for that holiday. Then supper would be basically green, too. Funny how much my kids enjoyed that, and their friends thought it was gross.
          Then it’ll be Easter before we know it. I need to get to Costco for my tub of jelly beans.

Well, enough daydreaming. Here comes the sun again. I need to get my breakfast and get my day started...
          Hope your day is a very good one! 😄
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
            Paula A commented
            Editing a comment
            I always did the green foods, too. It was green pancakes and milk in the morning and green mashed potatoes (but regular colcannon for the parents) and green bread for their sandwiches. Safeway would make green loaves you had to slice yourself but my kids loved it!

Morning...cold and sunny. Sure would like to eliminate the cold part of the forecast and tell you it is going to be hot and dry! Nothing planned for today. Andrew has early dismissal then his mother wants him home early since they have big dinner plans. Fine by me...was not going to cook anyway.

Met Sierra for lunch yesterday between her tests, talked a long time with my sister and I am pretty sure that is all I did. And I have nothing planned for today that would even meet what I did yesterday!

Poor, John, it seems to be one thing after another...he is lucky to have you Elaine. All that running around is tiring. Cookie, how do you find the time to prepare any type of meal with all you do? Beth glad things are better at work....seems bad moods run in cycles and it is really bad when everyone around you is in one! Take care all, other than laundry it is going to be a slow day here.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

​Today will be a "semi-relaxing" day. Yesterday I tenderized some pork chops and eye of round. The manual meat tenderizer that I bought a few years ago really does a nice job. Beats the old hammer meat tenderizer I used. The eye of round was useless to me as it wouldn't get digested in my stomach. Now I can enjoy eating beef again.

All the "dab" of snow we got Wednesday night was gone by noon yesterday. It is to be in 40's today and 50's tomorrow. Spring is gradually getting here.

Everyone have a good day.

Father O'Malley answers the phone. "Hello, is this Father O'Malley?"
            "It is"
            "This is the IRS. Can you help us?"
            "I can"
            "Do you know a Ted Houlihan?"
            "I do"
            "Is he a member of your congregation?"
            "He is"
            "Did he donate $10,000 to the church?"
            "He will"
            Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

It was clean the kitchen floor day here, too! And the stove top. and a couple of cabinets...Now to relax a few with you and then go in and start cutting up chicken and ham for the shelter dinner this evening,

Becky has a big presentation today on homelessness and has been a bit stressed. She always does well, but is always so anxious ahead of time.Noon our time...

the donation truck is due today and I have two bags to go out. Not as much as I thought I would have but they will be back in a couple of months and I have friends having yard sales. It is an ongoing process. Like my diet
              Just reading about your cookies Donna gets my mind going in a whole new direction from cutting down.

I hope you all have a good day and stay out of harm's way.
              Elaine, take care of yourself, too!
              Sharon, you are an example of strength and great attitude for all of us!
              I will be back to read the rest of the posts...

Comment

Good afternoon everyone..

I am late again..lol..

We are see the sun again..More rain and snow it is coming again..I wish summer will be here..

My two little kittys..I think spring fever it is here..Both of them had to jump on my bed...
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                X