Thursday One day closer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday One day closer

Good morning...so ready for this work week to be done!

Good Morning....it has been a busy week having to go each week for a finger poke is about 34 miles round trip....and then go back again today for my infusion, usually in the morning but have the late afternoon one today, so will be late getting home as it takes about 3:30 hrs. for the infusion. I take my IPad and watch a movie or tv.

Got signed up for Medicare yesterday, will get my first check next week, I won't get much as I stopped working in 1989 because of my Crohn's disease but I did not sign up for disability because hubby said he had good job and let someone who truly needed it collect, so that is what I did. Since we have about 6 yrs. before he can apply will have to wait to sign up under him which at that time will increase mine for a little over $900. So got my finger poke, signed up for Medicare, went to Lowe's and then to Walmart, haircut and shopping all at one place...and back home by 12:30. Got my beef stew cooking then and it tasted so good on a cold winters day.

Need to get myself ready for my appt. this afternoon, decide what I will take to munch on and drink...

Had a 10 yrs. boy distant relative to my two older children hang himself because of bullying at school....that is just tragic, a 10 yr. old should be having a good time in life playing not being bullying, should not even be thinking of killing himself...kids need to be taught respect in school and at home, parents and teachers should be allowed to dish out punishment as like the days of old...we have let special interest groups and others take control of us and it has gotten way out of hand..

Love and hugs to all for a good day. I cherish our friendships..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh my gosh, Sharon, that is so sad! I can't imagine how the parents feel. that poor little boy.

Good SUNNY Morning!

​Yesterday was good. A busy one. Started off with a 2 hr school delay due to snow. That kind of monkeyed up my morning plans, but it all worked out. I had a 10:30 eye appt, but I had called & said I'd been a bit late, which ended up being only 3 minutes late. They were ready & waiting for me...boom, boom, boom. I even had my frames picked out, but then Tessa (the fitter) and I had a nice chat btw different measurements. Come to find out that the young RUDE man I had last time was no longer there...thank God! We had a long conversation about him and how because they were tip toeing about him, everyone else got in trouble too. He finally got fired when he didn't show up 2 Sundays in a row. I even reported him to the manager. He crossed the line big time with me & Becca.

​Made a couple more stops before heading home. Came in, got the pie for the church, and then delivered that. I can't really say where my afternoon went, but it flew by. I had planned to bake a couple carrot cakes, but that never happened. I did get a couple cookie doughs mixed up because I have to have a couple doz sugar cookies made up for an order tomorrow. Got a call yesterday and I don't know how to say no. It'll get done.

​This morning is Bible study and then I'm getting a 30 min massage. It's a new place in Saxonburg with a discounted introductory offer. I need one. Then it's home to bake off cookie dough. Think it'll be leftovers for dinner.

​Sharon...the world is totally out of whack. I read something on FB....instead of the kids protesting guns in schools, they need to go in the schools and be kind to each other so that nobody feels the need to use a gun. What good does gun control do if you keep bullying people? Just outside Pgh yesterday a young man stabbed 20 fellow students with 2 knives. What are they going to do? Ban knives next? Bet you won't hear about that on the national news because it doesn't fit their agenda.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good Morning

sunshine!!..

one thing that we had at schools was a Principal we were scared to death of!... he really was a nice guy ..but did not do the Pal-sy bit . was every inch the
      Boss.. and to get to his office...got a phone call home. ( oh no,).. so bullys did not get to gang up. a one on one fight in the ballfield was ignored..if the guys were matched. ... Teachers had a stern voice ,,that they used. now everyone has to sooo careful.. ..
      . so this takeover , in my opinion , starts when you are raising a child and you try to "talk" to your 3-4 yr old... no,no. give an order .and make sure they do it.. do discipline , from spanking, sending to room, setting in a corner. etc etc.... however so many little are now in Day care at that age. and Mom and Dad want to be nice when they are home.... sigh.. sad

knee Dr. office has set up my appointments for "shots" in the knees.. 3 tuesdays in a row.. sure hope it helps.
      David is finally stronger. still has cough but that is standard , must be sinus drainage?
      Sharon , you Joined our rank of "old people".. .. David has been on for 25 years.. that sounds so unreal..
      Bethina.. hope next week is a better on

Sassygirl, where are you????

hi to you all.

Comment

• boffler
        boffler commented
        Editing a comment
        Maye I think even some teachers nowadays bully students also and the other kids pick up on it the teacher doesn't like the student...it is sad and I worry so much about my grandkids...

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        What I see in daycare is the parents are trying to just get out the door so they do anything the child wants: bring the ipad, iphone, stop at eh coffee shop, promise the moon...
        I tell them, especially whent he child turns 3 and they are starting to push the boundaries, Either you will teach them or they will teach you. Who do you want setting the standards for your child?

• determined
        determined commented
        Editing a comment
        I used to tell my kids "I'll whip you right here in front of God and everyone." I started slapping hands as soon as they started grabbing, also started popping the pamper. I could look at them and simply say "That is a no" and they would stop. Never baby proofed, they learned boundrys. Drove me crazy when parents tried to explain to little ones why they shouldn't run into the road. Little ones have no concept of death, what they understand is a swat on the backside.

After reading the posts I am really at a loss for words. It all starts in the homes with two parents who give time to their kids. then the schools and churches can add their input, but if parents aren't there or are the ones who think, not my kid! then it just gets so much more complicated.
      Lots of people just seem so angry and quick to lash out, unfriend or call names. Kind of like the kids who bully others: big kids who are too caught up in themselves to look around and see who needs something and what they can do to help.

A woman at church said her son is going to hike the Pacific crest trail and asked if anyone who bakes would like to donate 6 or so cookies so she can send some with his food. She said oatmeal can take the mailing and the backpacking so I am going to make some. I also have the shelter dinner tomorrow night and I still have to go to the grocery store after daycare for a few things I need for it. Like the chicken! It will be a chicken cordon bleu casserole. the last itme we made one it was a little bland...so this time (my friend wants us to try her recipe) I am using some ham I had in the freezer that was well seasoned, and thinking of using cheddar instead of Swiss cheese. What do you think??? I love Swiss, but just not sure. The recipe calls for egg noodles and I have those. The last time I think our recipe used spiral pasta and I think that made it bland...
      I need any suggestions you have for this, please.

It rained here last night and I am not sure what today will bring. I hope you all are ready for your day. Most of you are well into it by now!
      Take care of yourselves and those around you. I know I am pretty far away but if there is anything you think I can do for you, please let me know!

Comment

Good morning!
        Am so glad to be home. The trip tired us out quite a bit. My appointment yesterday
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Morning..cold and I see snow in the cracks of the sidewalk so must have flurried sometime. Jon is off today but I have no idea what his plans are. His cold went from sinus to chest and he sounds horrible. I suggested seeing a doctor but he is not finished self medicating.

How sad a 10 year old would do that, Boffler. That is Andrew's age and they should not know about bullying at that age. This entire world is in a mess and there is very little respect or kindness or courtesy left. When your own president calls people names it is disgraceful and we should expect it to leak down. Now these kids can bully in secret with texting and whatever they do on internet. Just so sad and I also could get on a soapbox...but I won;t....but I do have plenty to say!

Thinking tonight will be our carryout night. Andrew said he was coming tonight but it is Thursday and that night is hit or miss. His mom runs late on Thursday because she has to pick up the paychecks for Friday and it is easier to have Drew at the farm and closer to home BUT he makes the final decision. Last night he came in and ask for a pair of work boots. He is an oddball and would think they were a fashion statement but the pair he wants are pretty expensive. His idea of paying half was 25.00 while my 'half' was 100. I think we need to negotiate a bit more. Either his math skills are pretty bad or he thinks mine are!

After picking up the kid at the bus this week I got into my car book and brought it in to finish. Need to remember to take another book out! Blues play on the west coast and game starts at 930...pretty sure that is a score I will get tomorrow on the morning news! I dozed through some of Criminal Minds last night and am glad Jon DVR'd it so I could find what I missed.

Found my Easter door hanging but could not find those Oreos with peep stuffing at our walmart. So naturally, they are an obsession now! This walmart is pretty bad and when you say something they blame the automatic shipments and I understand that but why? Why can I not get a season food like Oreo stuffed peeps?

Sharon, congrats on the SS...were you surprised at all that is that computer?

Happy sunny day to all of you...

Comment

Good morning!
            Am so glad to be home. The trip tired us out quite a bit. My appointment yesterday at the Cancer Center just dragged on. First we got the call to be an hour earlier because the doc forgot to request labs. It’s an hour’s drive. Got there early but they couldn’t agree at the check-in desk where I should get the labs. I told them I go to the main lab because I have a port. The desk lady told me a few minutes later to go to the pavilion for my draw. I told her they only do arm draws, and I have a port, and she only shrugged. So I went to the pavilion and they rejected me because I have a port. So I just went to the main lab and told them the problem. They made a couple of calls to verify it. (Like someone is going to keep going to have vials of blood drawn for no reason? Come on!). She discovered the order was incomplete and I did have to give multiple vials. That done, we went to kill an hour in my doctor’s pavilion. It turned out to be more like 2 hours’ wait. Okay, my labs are good. We discussed a few things, and finally about 2-ish o’clock we left. (I’m doing quite well where he is concerned. He’s glad I had that bile stone procedure in December, as it was close to killing me. I didn’t even realize it. So I’ll consider any unexplained chills-to-the-bone as a possible symptom of gas trail infection.). We did stop for a bite of lunch going home. Got home about 4 pm. We pretty much just crashed and watched TV when we got here. Neither of us was hungry for supper, but had some cinnamon toast before bedtime.

Beth, hope this weekend is the start of a better week for you.

Sharon, it’s so sad when kids are bullied like that. Bullying begins at home, whatever the reason. Kids certainly need unchanging guidelines as they develop.
            Maye, I clearly remember principals and teachers you describe. I recall 1st grade, one kid told the teacher “you’re not the boss of me!” She firmly said, “yes I am! At home your mother is your boss, but when you come to school it’s my job to take her place. So yes, at school, I AM the boss of you!” After that, the kid behaved....after all, he didn’t dare discuss it with the principal! Right?
            But being bullied was tough. There was one boy who bullied me since Kindergarten. I have no idea why, except I wasn’t a tough person, and he got away with it. Mostly it was verbal, insults and stuff, in front of a group. After elementary school I was able to avoid him, and thankfully he was never in my classes again. Still, at a class reunion I went to he was there, and in minutes had told everyone he could that I was married more than a dozen times, and therefore no better than a whore. Yes, for an instant I felt the old humiliation. But my real friends knew the truth of me, and that’s really all that counted. But to this day, anyone or any cat or dog that is mean, I refer to as “Chuckie”. Which is a takeoff on this guy’s name. My mom always told me “sticks and stones can break my bones, but names will never hurt me.” Maybe that helped me, eventually. But verbal bullying does hurt.
            Cookie, yes the world is getting worse in attacking others. I hadn’t heard about the knife attacks yet. I wonder if some of the kids’ electronic games are giving that killing mindset? Some of the games are really scary.

Paula, I think the cheddar cheese might help. Or a mixture of cheddar and Swiss. I’ve noticed that adding some cream cheese makes a dish creamier, not so dry.
            Another consideration, my mother always used Velveeta cheese in her cooking. Melting it in milk made a really nice sauce. Of course Velveeta is a processed cheese, which makes it less healthy.

Well, this is probably a book by now. (No extra charge!) 😄. I need to start the laundry.

Have a great day. Give everyone you see a big smile. They are free! And you may make a difference in someone’s day. 🤗
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
            X