Wednesday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday

Good morning...work this morning..then home for lunch...frozen pizza...then a nap and church tonight...

Work isn't great this week...the management is under alot of stress and seem to be taking it out on us....To the point that I am almost afriad to ask questions...I went in yesterday and they were all over me the second I hit the floor. I had a very off day on Monday and they couldn't understand why....My department was huge mess on Monday was the problem!!! So right now I am basically going in and doing my job and leaving.

Good Morning, just a quick hello, early morning finger poke then to the Social Security office, sign up and ask questions... The person from the company my husbands employer has to help people through this told me 4 key questions to ask so I will be ready for my phone call in April with them...oh my, what and ordeal turn 65 is... Oh my, who said those words, "65"? Can it be possible it is me? Guess so, in my heart and mind I think younger, but my ailments and stamina tell me otherwise.. Well hubby is up and moving best get a move on myself...Have a good day one and all...
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good SNOWY Morning! We must have gotten 3" overnight and that caused a 2 hr delay for school.

​Yesterday was good & productive even though it was dreary & miserable. Made a couple flourless choc cakes before leaving to go to lunch & a movie with my SIL & cousin. We went to see Greatest Showman, and it was great. Loved the music. The movie was about a half hr delayed, which means I got home later than planned. Fortunately Cork was here to get Blaise off the bus. Made dinner then started in on making 8 cream pies...PB & Samoa. I made the crusts in the morning. Finished my book. Oh my, when I was reading in btw timers going off, I was doing the ugly cry...it was so sad....the book that is.

​This morning kind of got screwed up with the delay. I had planned to leave early and get my chores done before my 10:30 eye appt that was rescheduled from Monday. Now I'll have to do them afterwards. Not sure what my afternoon will hold. May bake a couple carrot cakes, then I can start thinking about the start of my Easter cookie baking....sugar cookies, gobs, ladylocks, and sandwich cookies. Mostly sugar cookies.

​Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning everyone.

According to weather report, we got a tenth of an inch of snow. Only see it on the roofs. Ground was too warm for it to last any longer than it feel from the sky.

​Got my voting done yesterday. The 2 judges helped me. One did the filling in of the "little oval" box while the other one watched to ensure what I said got marked.

​Today I will buy meat, and it will probably take me the rest of the day to wrap it in "my size" of packages. It does taste good, and doesn't spoil before I can get it eaten. The wrapping in small packages really does get to me though. One person can only eat so much, and that is 2 meals for me. All my roasts are cut into 3 pieces and everything else is packaged by 2.

Well I better get up from here and get my shower so I can get to the store to get all the meat bought. Everyone have a good day.
        Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          When Sierra voted for the first time they let me go into the booth with her. You hear all these horror stories about voting places but I think for the most part they are local, run by locals and are very accommodating.

• jostoy
          jostoy commented
          Editing a comment
          yes, Maxie, I was so appreciative of them helping me. I could have gone back later with someone to help me, but they offered and I accepted.

Good Morning.

31 here this morning. so fire has once again sprung to life in the living room. Feels SO good.

Today to the cancer center for blood check. Hope we don't have anything else to pop up.

Have a good day. Stay warm and safe.

Comment

Just yesterday my sister was asking me about medicare and my supplemental insurance etc. I know what you mean about age. I am still amazed that I am 70. Still no way should that be! I also understand feeling young in mind and heart...it is just the darn old joints that are letting me down! But I am still going to get into a tube and float down the river this summer if I to hire someone to plunk me into that tube!

We are having taco salad tonight...a special request by my grandson. Is there anything easier than that? Sun is shining this morning but it was shining yesterday morning then we had rain mixed with snow in the afternoon and Sierra said when she came in late evening she thought it was sleeting. She has just left for school and then will go straight to work. Last day I have to meet the bus and we are back to normal supper time tomorrow. No plans for today and no desire to do much. Looked for my Easter door wreath and cannot find where it got shoved. My stuff ends up in the back and when I lived alone I had a series of nails in the back of the garage where I hung the seasonal wreaths..by season of course. I did pickup a new table runner so will iron it and set it out. The only thing holding back spring around here is the dumb weather!!

Have a wonderful day to each of you. Hope you all are feeling better!

Comment

Good morning!
            I'm back. Got in yesterday evening, and was very weary from the trip. Plus, the phone message I got from my doctor. I have an 11:15 appt this morning. But he forgot to schedule my labs, so I need to be there by 10:15 for a blood draw. That means we leave by 9:15 to e there on time. So I got up early to shower, have breakfast, an be ready to wake E at 8.
            Also need to dig my new hospital card out of wherever in my purse its fallen to, so sign-in will be just a minute's time. (Yeah, sure, is it ever?).

It's in the 50's this morning, but is suppossed to hit 82° today. Big change from Nevada, it was cold my entire stay, plus winds the entire time. Mother Nature was curling clouds about the high mountain peaks....I said that judging the extreme whiteness of the clouds, there'd be sno caps on the big mountain. I was right, which really impressed one niece from MI.
            So, it was a cold day for the funeral service. Worse, we were scheduled for dinner at somebody's house.....actually it was a backyard set up. I sat in the chair that was deepest into the cleaned-out garage, and E brought me a blanket to keep warm. It was at least 2 hours before the food arrived, and the tables were brought inside the garage. It was all Mexican fare, most of which I couldn't eat (I can't take the spices & peppers). Only the chicken wasn't seasoned, so I took a piece of that. Oh... That was meant to go with a sauce, which again was spiced so I couldn't have it, so the chicken itself was pretty dry. Also, I never before saw refried beans so deadly-gray in color. I skipped that, not knowing how it was prepared. But the cupcake was good.
            Anyway, my sweaters didn't keep me comfortable there. I wasnt warm again til we actually drove back into Phoenix.

Well, gotta get moving here. Can't be late for my appointment...

Have a good day, everyone. 🤗
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Jo, too bad they didn't have space heaters set up.
              Maxie, I have nails in the wall in the spare room in the daycare for my seasonal wreaths. It is time to get out the lilac and sweetpea one. thanks for the reminder! It has a pastel plaid ribbon running through it and just makes me feel like Spring is around the bend.
              Donna, since Gary died I just can't take too sad or too scary of books...

It is next week that is the anniversary of his death and I am hoping to do something in honor of his life. Having dinner Monday with friends who knew him so well was a great blessing.

OUr weather is supposed to turn to rain and winds again. This morning is clear so far and I got more garbage out and cleaned up the yard before the trucks and before the weather takes another toll on the small branches and limbs.

I still haven't mastered all the information of Medicare and supplemental coverage, Sharon. Hopefully, with you and Doug you can do better than me. I am now trying to figure out how much life insurance I need after Becky graduates. One policy said it is up at age 85! I hope I live longer than that. What are you supposed to do? So, that is my new research lproject...

I hope you are all warm and out of the weather as soon as you can be (for those travelling to appointments) and can enjoy the day!

Comment

Hi again....
                Am sitting in the doctors clinic waiting for my labs to be processed. I checked in and waited at the lab, then the desk lady told me I need to go to the doctors pavilion. I told her m getting a port draw, but she shrugged me off. I went to the pavilion and they turned me down, so I went back to the lab and talked to the nurse. She made a couple of calls, then drew my port, as she discovered they'd need extra panels. Okay, next time I talk to the lab first. Let the desk ladies beware! 😉

I forgot to mention the funeral itself. It was nice. Amazing how the daughters arranged the service, the cremation, and everything else so quickly. We got the call Wednesday or maybe early Thursday. (Broke the drive to 2 days each way.)
                Funeral was noon on Sunday. One daughter sang her moms favorite hymn. Then had a speech about what a loving lady she was. A granddaughter - totally incompressible due to her crying, was saying she was a rebel but granny still loved her, but granny did draw some lines but still loved her intensely. Then the other daughter told of her moms loving nests. A few friends made loving comments as well.
                Someone set up Scype, so family who couldn't make the trip could see and hear the funeral.
                Overall, it was very nice.

Yes, Paula, space heaters would have been nice, but despite the cold at her Nevada is still desert. I hadn't expected it to be so cold the entire weekend, though.

Sharon, we all eventually get to the point of "how did I get to this age?" We still feel the younger person we used to be, at the best age we were. It feels that way. I felt it when I hit 70. This year I will hit 76, and when I look in the mirror, I wonder where or when all these wrinkles happened. One hotel had a well lighted mirror, and I wondered where the wrinkles went? What was wrong with that mirror? LOL

Well, they should be calling me soon........
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good afternoon...

where did the day go?, did not do anything super productive...clean up some "messes and unneeded files " on the computer ...ordered books ( that takes me a lot of time ) from the library.. make a quick trip to the new Dollar General store. for Cards. paper plates... prices were good.. nice ,clean new business and exactly 4 miles away from my garage...

been reading . and snoozing this afternoon... if those people I live with ( and yes, my cat is a People,,, or at least she acts like one).. now, if they would learn to be quiet at 4am . I would not have to sleep in afternoons.!....does no good for me to grumble ,they aren't listening to me.

Phone calls on my list of To-dos today.. to my dear friends in hospice care.. have not visited with them...in case David has left germ of his cough on me ..
                  as Donna said we had snow.. roads are clear ,but cold enough that the yard and roofs are still white..

JoG.. not good setting and getting that chilled! should keep a coat, even very old ancient warm one in the trunk of car!

I will be getting injections in knees,,three weeks in a row ,,some expensive stuff. that I hope helps.. when the girl called today to set up appointments i
                  was Rude to her. . She asked "is this Janet?".that is the question we old folks are not to answer until we find out who is calling. finally she told me who she was and then we were ok..I did apologize. but I get calls almost every day from people selling something.. etc.. I should probably know what they are doing to the knees but This was what Dr. M. wants done........Just got the old car we have to the garage... and paid out more than this will cost me......so I figured Im as important as that old 1999 Oldsmobile. lol.

Donna and I need sunshine..see you tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                  X