seal a meal machines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seal a meal machines?

we are buying more meat in bulk and have thought about getting a seal a meal. I would also like to freeze vegies especially corn on the cob when in season. I went to look and was over whelmed. I have talked with people who swear by them but there are a lot of models. Anyone have a recommendation?

maxie here is a photo of the machine I have.

We have a Food Saver. We use it all the time. We have never bought meat in bulk, but now that John can only hold small amounts, I am dividing things up much more, and I couldn't keep things as fresh without this thing. We don't have a garden, but family and friends bring us vegetables in the summer, and we use it for that. Also, we vacuum seal LOTS of pecans, and it works GREAT for that job.

The model I bought - several years ago - came with all kinds of accessories, which I have NEVER used, so my recommendation would be to forgo all the bells and whistles.

Last year we helped my nephew freeze about a thousand bags of Purple Hull peas. The bags he bought were not Food Saver. They came from WM, and they worked great, so you can use other brands of bags.

My niece liked my machine so much that she bought one last year. It is a different model, but it functions just the same.

So, long story short, YES! Buy some type of vacuum sealer. You will be very happy you did.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Last edited by ladyebug; 03-07-2018, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Maxie, I had a cheaper version and loved it. My youngest daughter has it now but she is still buying Ziploc bags. Like Elaine said you can buy the cheaper bags, you can also buy rolls of the bag material, and cut the bags to the size you want, which is what I did.

Comment

Thanks for the input. We are going to make the investment! Here's to fresh corn on the cob next winter!!

Comment

Working...
        X