Tuesday ~ March 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday ~ March 6

Never realized how blah March is. Really.

Our weather was fine yesterday, but we get out local channels out of Shreveport (some crazy federal setup) and they had tornado activity all day yesterday, so the weather kept breaking into programming. I don't care about the programming, but even though it isn't you dealing with it, it is so scarey to think what others may be dealing with. Wish this weather would just calm down.

Our TV is all DISH, and we do fine with them. I needed two new remotes. I called and they were here next day. I will say they are super helpful with any issues that may come along, but they should be for what we are paying. LOL

Janet, I so relate to what you are living with. Sending much love to you both. Whoever said "Old age isn't for sissies," really hit the nail on the head.

No plans for today. Have leftovers, house is clean, laundry done. I really want to make some nightgowns. Cannot buy one to suit me - cotton with sleeves - and I do have a well-used pattern and some fabric, but I just can't motivate myself to do it.

Well, enough prattle. Paula, I so admire Becky. That is a long haul. Of course, nothing was digital in my day, but still assignments are grueling.

Have a super day, Everyone.

Morning...work...groceries and I must clean my room!! I want to clean my closet out this weekend..but I need to clean the rest of my room first!

Work hasn't been the greatest this week...They told us that we really need to check the items going to the floor...there evendently was a metal container that made it the floor with out being opened first...and when the customer opened it there was a live mouse in it!!!! I would have fainted had I been the one to find that mouse either in the back or on the sales floor!!! I hate mice...

Comment

Good Morning....well it actually happened at exactly 12:15 a.m. it went all digital and the only way to view is to have a digital converter box, different than HD (high def) converter...so in other words no matter what kind of tv you have they are scrabbling everything...I did download and app on my Smart TV here in sunroom and can watch tv with the Spectrum app like I do on my IPad and phone with WIFI....so I guess today we will go get our two boxes, one for sunroom and one for our bedroom...they do all they can to make more money off of you as if $180 a month wasn't enough...

Got a roast out to cut in cubes going to make some beef stew and homemade rolls (Rhoades) I do have to defrost them and let them rise before baking, LOL

Good to see Aunt Maye and ARM, just so sorry they have trouble getting in here and saying hello to us to let us know they are okay...I have known ARM since 1997 and like to keep track of how he is doing...

I still have lung congestion and a nagging cough, just can't seem to shake it...I remember in Vegas I had to stop a lot to get my breath back, need to get out and try some walking to see if that is better...it is a bad feeling when you can't get enough air, panic sets in.

Well hubby is up and is not a happy camper about our cable company, LOL....have a good day one and all...thinking I have some 'old' bread that will make some good french toast...
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• cookielady
        cookielady commented
        Editing a comment
        We've been with DISH for the better part of 18 yrs and can't really complain. I think we pay $79/mo

• Aunt Maye
        Aunt Maye commented
        Editing a comment
        I try everyday.. and getting better ...I miss you all when I don't get here... I can get here, and read but it don't always want to post.. weird... ...your congestions sounds like what David has..don't get worse ,but don't go away.. .

Good Morning! Snow is on it's way again. Yesterday was pretty.

​Yesterday was good. The eye doctor canceled my appt because she called in sick, but Becca & I still met. She helped me pick out new frames. Love them! Gave them to the lady & she's saving them for my rescheduled appt on Wed. We then shopped and had lunch. Cooked a real dinner, then had to go to the church for a meeting.

​I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes. I'm at the tail end of the book Firefly Lane and it's so sad. Anyways, I've got to get busy. Need to bake a few things before heading out. Picking up my cousin & SIL and we are going to BK for lunch then to see the movie Showman. I actually canceled Blaise's appt so that we could do this. We've been trying for weeks to go see this and Tuesdays are $5 day.

​(((John & Elaine)))

Have a good one all!

Comment

good morning

altho it feels like it should be afternoon... a certain man and his Cat had a loud conversation at 3:30 am ...I though David was calling me, needing help , jumped out of bed. to find it was just the two of them chatting!.... aggggggggggggggggg.... I could not get back to sleep.. so I better get all necessities done this forenoon , I plan on a long afternoon snooze.!..

I too hate Mice... we did discover this cat is a very good mouser... she does not eat them, Just kills them .. good Kitty!.

Elaine, you got it right.. this aging process is not for sissy.... I have often wonder in the years since my parents have been gone.. why my Father never told us how
        bad my Mother's dementia was... She completely fooled us . because she was a quiet type person ..and would comment back on what you were talking about very sensibly. .. when he got sick and my sister and I started to go to the house to help . we found out how bad it was .. After he passed , I took her to live with me.. she was quite pleasant. but I found I did not leave her alone.. and when we went out with friends ,I got her a Granny Sitter. it was the way I wanted it...and never felt I was "burdened".. just enjoyed her ..

so much for my book.. I will return and read yours.. see you all later

Comment

Sun came out close to the time it was scheduled to set yesterday. Looks like the same scenario for today although in reverse...going to start with sun and end with rain! I drove in extremely heavy rain yesterday morning but got my taxes signed and sent off, stopped at the bank, ran in for some good bread which we sat and ate the entire loaf with our stew last night....got my hair cut and then home to meet the bus and grab the kid. Sierra left work early to come home and study but ended up playing with her brother. He did leave early and she did go in and study then. She will be home to eat tonight then head back for her night class.

Today I have a pile of laundry and need to pick up my room. Sierra went in to use my printer last night and made a crack about not being able to find it...well, it is there just under stuff. I have a new bed quilt ordered so have every intention of doing something in there but she is pushing me to go quicker. I have all the towels and new shower curtains waiting for Spring plus all the accumulated Easter stuff piled in there. The ironing board is set up in my room and the desk is piled pretty high. Maybe if I just put things away?

I have a bunch of Spring birthdays to make sure I have all the cards for. When I drove through Staunton yesterday I saw the school was closed and quickly texted Andrew's mom to make sure I the days straight. He DID have school so I read the calendar correctly. It was Polanski day but not all school districts celebrate it. He has used a lot of snow days so that will make one up. So many days are built into the school schedule and they get out earlier in May for the amount of unused days. That has lead to getting out a week earlier some years!

Tonight we are having pork chops and those scalloped potatoes Donna made sounded so goooooooog! I ask Jon to buy potatoes when he took Drew home but I cannot find them. Was not counting on a grocery trip and even if I say I am only running in for potatoes you always fill the trunk. That Easter candy aisle is really killing me. This is my favorite holiday for candy....well Halloween is a pretty big one for me and I never turn my nose up to Christmas goodies but there is something about a jelly bean and marshmellow egg...and peeps, omg!, peeps!!!

Lots to do today and all these chores really cut into my doing nothing time. Got a wonderful haircut so no more hair gel and hair dryer. Loved having both kids home to eat and looking forward to it tonight. Andrew stuffed his new shirts into his backpack and was happy. When he stuffs something into his backpack that is a good sign!

Hope the sun shines on all your heads today....I am in a pretty good mood so hope these chores do not bring me down. I would say I need a day to do only what i want but have to admit those are most of my days...life is good!!

Comment

• sassygirl01
            sassygirl01 commented
            Editing a comment
            "OH NO.!!!!..Really...I like peeps..that is my down fall..lol..

• cookielady
            cookielady commented
            Editing a comment
            For me it's the malt ball eggs....YUM!

• bethina
            bethina commented
            Editing a comment
            I am with Cookie I love robin eggs

Good morning everyone.

Today I have to either call or go to the County Clerk's office. Need to see if they will "furnish" someone to go into the voting booth with me or if I need to bring my own "little circle marker". I just know that I shake too much to stay within that little oval space on the voting ballot.

​Will also "consider" doing my laundry today. Mind you that is a BIG consideration.

Maye, I wonder why your keyboard works at the Seniors Playground, but not here. Maybe our board is more sensitive.

​Everyone have a good day.

Love the Irish...

Paddy was driving down the street in a sweat because he had an important meeting and couldn't find a parking place.
          Looking up to heaven he said, 'Lord take pity on me. If you find me a parking place I will go to Mass every Sunday for the rest of me life and give up me Irish Whiskey !'

Miraculously, a parking place appeared.

Paddy looked up again and said, 'Never mind, I found one.'

Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning from Red Bluff! It is sun coming up and clear today. We will have this day nice and then the weather goes back to winter...65* today. But chilly in the morning.

Last night I met with friends from way back, a brother and sister and we went out for a nice dinner. They knew GAry before I did and Chuck was out visiting his sister and it was just a great evening. Becky even took time off to go with us.

That candy aisle, maxie, is Dangerous! I try to avoid it. those Cadbury mini eggs are too good.

Elaine, that would be hard to hear about any weathr warnings coming throughout the day. I know how you feel. When the fires were causing evacuations in areas near us, you couldn't help but think of how people were having their lives changed right then.

I have to go; Igot here later than usual, but just love reading your posts and putting in my two cents worth.
            Please take care of yourselves!

Comment

• maxie
              maxie commented
              Editing a comment
              Peep filled Oreos? Sounds like a dream match!! Since I need to run out for potatoes I will add a trip through the cookie aisle. Yum!

• sassygirl01
              sassygirl01 commented
              Editing a comment
              I go pass the cookie aisle..Some how..they like too jump in my cart...My will power just went out the window...lol...

Good morning to you to Boffler. It sure has been a long time since the party at your house , where was it in Robinson? Sure a lot of water over the dam since then hasn't it. I would like to get together again with all the old gang but I know I couldn't make and those that are left are out of it too. So we will just go on our merry way and think of the past times we had together.

Have fun now.

Comment

Good afternoon. Our weather is mixed up too. We had 2 days of very nice but both nights brought snow, today is cold nasty wind. Nothing going on here, mostly it is just me and this then all puttering around. My day seems to be either letting her out or letting her back in.

Comment

Working...
              X