Cloudy wet Monday 3/5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloudy wet Monday 3/5

I didn't want my weekend to end..it was a good one...

Today I have a full schedule! I work my normal work schedule...then today is when I go and fold statements for the volunteer drive services that I use...will watch tv and relax tonight.

Good SUNNY Morning! Hope we don't get your wet clouds later today. I love sunshine!

​Yesterday was good. Got Blaise delivered & came home to cook. I had roasted a half a ham on Saturday, and yesterday I used it up. Sliced ham for our sandwiches last night & used the rest for scalloped potatoes w/ham. Boy did it smell good baking. I then put it in different containers for everyone...my mom, brother, Aunt P, and cousin Karen. Made up a dish of Asian Cole Slaw...was in the mood for it. YUM! Also took enough slices of Flourless Choc Cake for everyone to try...that was a bust. We had fun playing cards though.

This morning I have an eye appt at WM and plan to order new glasses. I ask Becca to come down and help me pick frames and then we'll go to lunch. It's so nice when your grown daughter becomes your friend too.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Yep..it is wet Monday morning here too and there is even a whisper of the four letter s word for tomorrow night. Am up early this morning because I needed to get a stew in the pot and then have to pick up my taxes and get a haircut. Will stop and pick up a loaf of Good Bread...honest! that is the name of the bread from a bakery close to home, and Andrew loves it!! I am not sure Andrew believes the name is Good Bread because it is just good bread to him!

Jon left later because of his training class this week and this cold seems to settling down..He is pretty doped up and spent the weekend in his cave. Sierra had her only Monday class cancelled and I do not know why we paid tuition for this class because it is pretty much self taught. That woman cancels all the time but then it might be the flu since I know it hangs on and on. She has midterms this weeks and I cannot believe how fast the term has gone. Yet winter keeps hanging on and summer seems so far away.

So you have my days plans...running around again. But I do look forward to a haircut.

Have a wonderful day everyone..don't let the morning news get you down. Sad when a rainy weather report is the best news of the morning!

Comment

Good Morning.

Cloudy and drizzly here, too. But much better weather predicted for the week.

I had cleaned up the fireplace and hearth, took out wood we didn't use, just to bring it all back yesterday because we needed a fire. ??

Nothing newsworthy happening,

Donna, so glad Becca is close enough that you two can have good times together.

Have a good day, my Friends.

Comment

Maxie, I know what you mean about some of the teachers: Becky has a political science class that she has to check her email All the Time, because the instructor adds assignments with No notice! She is working on her PhD and that is her main focus...this weekend two extra assignments came through. And the class was already working on a big assignment with papers due, too in her class. This semester can't go soon enough and I am not the one doing all the work. Just the one living with the person who is stressing over it.

The ham and scalloped potatoes sounds so good! I have ham in the freezer and just need to buy some potatoes.

I am feeling fine and think I have dodged the cold going around. At church I heard someone really coughing once, but no one the rest of the morning.

I bought a pastel pink plaid tablecloth this weekend. I just want to lighten things up!

Hope your day goes well and you all dodge those germs!

Comment

Good morning everyone.

​No rain here YET. It is in the forecast though. It will probably be one of those drizzly things, since we are predicted to not get much rain.

Today I have to go to W.W. for a couple items, BUT will probably be like Donna, and come home with 2-3 bags.

Nothing else on the agenda for today. Everyone have a good day.
            Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good Morning to all, and aggravating one for me....my mail has not worked in days, well since Friday evening, and thought I would just wait until Monday morning to call and see what the problem was only to be told since it is hubby's name the bill is in he is the only one that can call about it...duh, everyone can set up an email account...will wait until he gets home because I am so mad I might let loose on someone, LOL..

Maxie never heard of a bread called that but then again we don't have any bakeries close to us...but I also like a good bread kind of moist, haven't found one yet..

Elaine to early to take the wood out I guess, here they are saying some snow on Wed...ole man winter is not finished with us yet..

Donna how is Aunt Janet? Why has she not been coming here? Concerned...also glad you and Becca have become friends as well as Mother and daughter, a good feeling..maturity is amazing...

jostoy my worst kind of day is dreary, drizzly days...right now the sun is shining but my mood is lousy, LOL...not only can I not get my email but also can't get into my email to find a password I need for my medical account...Time Warner Cable became Spectrum and as of tomorrow if you don't have a box on all your TV's you won't be able to receive their signal, they have went all digital and even though our TV's have a digital converter they scramble the signal so you have to have a box...I wish I could find something else but it is not to be..

Well time to get up and get busy....

Greetings to all.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• jostoy
                jostoy commented
                Editing a comment
                And IF Spectrum is like Mediacom, they will want a $ for each TV. Mediacom went with those *little boxes* about 5 years ago. They fasten to the back of the TV with Velcro. I threw such a hissy fit with Mediacom that they sent a guy out with me to hook it up. The TV had to be reprogramed and everything. My TVs were also a HD but that didn't matter.
                Last edited by jostoy; 03-05-2018, 04:42 PM.

Anyone any ideas why I am having trouble checking in. Once in a while I type in my password and it says the password is not correct and can't install. After the 5 tries I can't try again so I have to go on without getting on. Try later and it connects as it should. There is no explanation of this reason. So has anyone else received this problem?

Comment

Good evening

and so sorry if I worry you .
                me and the computer and new keyboard are having arguments about who is boss..... this keyboard is not arranged the same as my old one , plus has extra tabs that do things.......sometimes take me places I don't want to go... .... the computer is fairly new and is still not arranged to suit me.. I have to hunt for files .. because the computer decided it liked things in alphabetical order... aggggggggggggg..

so today I managed to get signed in... so hoping it will also POST...

David is almost better.. been a long month of coughing, being weak , almost falling .and falling ... I hardly dare leave him home alone to even get to Donna's ..but sometimes I go there ,,,,Just for lady talk.... he can't help it.... he had monthly Dr. appt.today.. very long time.. a young lady was working with him as asst. physcian. which she is studying to be... went over his routine . heard wheezing sound in bottom of lungs. wanted xray .. which he had done in same building ..a 10:15 appt. and we never left the building until 11:45.. Dropped the script at the Pharmacy , went to lunch , picked up pills on the way home..got back about 1:30... how can that make a person so tired?... Elaine knows this too I sure as some of the rest of you do..

I will keep trying every day to appear here... I read the RT everyday.. even when I cant get the door open to come in... hugs to all.
                ps to ARM... I have that problem too... I keep blaming it on my keyboard ..that the keys are miss firing .try typing your pass word very slowly and press keys precisely...
                Last edited by Aunt Maye; 03-05-2018, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X