Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday...March 4th

Good sunny morning to everyone.

Have had my shower and teeth are brushed. Now it's get something for breakfast before finishing getting ready for Sunday School and Church.

Going out for lunch with E & V. After that it will be lazing around until Church time this evening.

​Hope the sun is shinning in your area, and on you.

Visiting his grandparents, a small boy opened the big family Bible.
    He was fascinated as he fingered through the old pages.
    Suddenly, something fell out. He picked it up and found that it was an old leaf that had been pressed flat between the pages.

"Mama, look what I found," he called out.
    "What have you got there, dear?" his mother asked."
    With astonishment in his voice, the boy answered, "I think it's Adam's underwear!"​
    Last edited by jostoy; 03-04-2018, 08:09 AM.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Good Morning.

Jostoy - LOL

Me too, getting ready for church. Didn't make anything, but have a huge bowl of chocolate covered pecans to take. I think everyone is on a diet, however.

Weather is iffy. Don't know what is in the works, but it has been beautiful here the past few days.

Been vacuuming lady asian bugs again. Hope we don't have the problem we had last year.

Have a good Sunday, Everyone. D

Comment

Good morning had such a great day yesterday!! Friends from church for married..went for coffee at a nice coffee shop between wedding and reception. Breakfast for supper at the reception! Cori and are being lazy this morning. Today's theme for lunch at Bible study is breakfast!! I was assigned donuts picking up a dozen at the donut shop nearby.

Comment

Mornin'! Another sunny morning and we could get used to this!!

Did go to Kohl's yesterday and picked up a couple of shirts for Andrew. Also picked up a couple of shirts for me but will be returning two of them. What is with the sizing? I knew they were not sized right but bought them anyway. Duh!! Then ran into walmart and bought a bunch of junk food just because I was hungry for it and if I was going to catch that cold my son has, I want to be fortified with junk food. Watched the Blues tie the game then lose in over time. Post season is not looking good!

Had to run back to walmart late afternoon for kleenex and nyquil...I am telling you this is a doozy cold he has and he has a training class all next week and better have one foot in the grave to miss. Of course, that also puts my supper time an hour later which means I have a starving monster coming in that needs fended off before his dad gets home to eat a meal. Plus I will have to meet the bus. I know, life could be much worse, but any change to my schedule is a bummer. We old people get set in our schedules!!

No plans for today unless I decide to return those tops. If I decide to make it a Hallmark Sunday I have junk food. Tomorrow need to run home and pickup my taxes and then have an appointment for a haircut. These couple of warm days have me wanting to hang my Spring wreaths but the door needs painted first. Always a pesky chore that needs done. But that is all part of the big porch redo that has gone on for years and years and years...or so it seems.

Hope all of you are having a warm sunny day and life is running smooth.

Comment

Good morning.
          We made it to our destination without problem. Saw most of the family for dinner last night.
          Today is the funeral service. We will see a few more family, and her friends I guess.
          The weather is cold, in the 50’s for hi temps, it rained and there’s wind. And my suffering sinuses.
          Then tomorrow a 2 day drive home, and the next day I have a morning doctor appointment.
          Hoping for sunshine today.

Have a good day, friends.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Oh, I hope you get sunshine for the services, too, Jo. And no wind! Take it easy and be safe in your travels.

I have church and then later my self reliance finance class at church. We have a couple of sunny days starting today and then more rain is due. And we need it so I will not complain. hopefully.

We have baked chicken, vegetables and salad and an ooey gooey butter cake for after church. It is a Paula Deen recipe that uses a cake mix, but is really good. I have found I like almost everything when cream cheese is added to it!

Both Becky and I are taking cold medicine and trying to stay well. We both woke up yesterday with the start of one. Yesterday was pretty easy. we took a note from Donna's schedule and went to Arby's and took reuben sandwiches over to my mom's. They aer really good for being fast food and not East coast...
            I shared the cookies I got from Donna and we were all happy!

got home and had a wonderful phone call from Spencer in MD. they are all finalized on a house they had told us about and I am so happy for them. It is in Arnold, and about 10 minutes closer to Annapolis where they go to church and shop. It has Nikki's dream kitchen and isn't that what we are all about? Spencer kept telling me, It has two ovens! Like that was something unheard of. I kept telling him I would love two ovens! Japanese homes do not have all the things we expect in our kitchens. Their highrise condo did not have cabinets in the kitchen and they had to buy from Ikea...

I have a big red circle around the first day of Spring on my calendar in the daycare and we are talking every day about the signs we do or do not see...
            So, here's to fingers crossed that we all start seeing those signs and hearing the birds and feeling some warmth!

We finished watching Victoria last night. We had it DVR'd. What a great series! PBS. Now on Mother's day will be a two episode show Little Women!
            Maxie, I guess I mark my calendar by tv themes: Hallmark movies, Survivor, etc. The baseball season is Big because it usually means Baseball Nut ice cream will be at Baskin robbins.

Have a good day and give yourself a rest!

Comment

• maxie
              maxie commented
              Editing a comment
              You are a Survivor fan? Me too! And I have never heard of Baseball Nut ice cream...not even sure these is a Baskin Robbins around here. Wonder if I can order it on line? LOL!!

Afternoon everyone! It's a sunny day here too.

​Yesterday was sort of productive. I found my dining room table and one of my "lost" countertops. I dumped the one junk drawer that holds all the pens, pencils, markers, and whatever else gets dropped in there. I bought organizing plastic baskets from DG and sorted...one is all highlighters & markers and the other is pens & pencils. I pitched all the crappy crayons and coloring markers & pencils. It looks so much better.

​Went to DG because I had a $5 off coupon for yesterday if you purchased $25 worth of stuff. Well with the sales, that coupon, and my coupons, I got everything down to $16. WOW!!! I'm now stocked up on laundry soap for a couple months. I'm not loyal to one brand. I buy what's on sale & I have a coupon for. Came home & finally finished up the eyeglasses and got those back to Sandy today at church. Put that whole mess away for a week or so. Actually took some time to read and it's getting good.

My Aunt P got discharged from the hospital and I had them stop to pick up the food I had prepared for her. She should be good for a few days now. I'm going to have to call Aunt J to see what's going on with her. She hasn't posted here for quite a while. I then cooked a real honest to goodness meal last night...YUM! I knew I wasn't going to be cooking today.

​Went to church & SS, then took Blaise down to Kathy's for the afternoon. She switched to daylight shift. She said she's lost 20lbs so far because it involved a lot of moving around and no time to munch. I'm going to prepare some Asian Slaw and slice up the ham for sandwiches for cards tonight. Think I'll also make a big pan of scalloped potatoes w/ham for my cousin and some for my Aunt P.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Working...
            X