March 2nd Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 2nd Friday

Good SNOWY Morning! Yes, it snowed overnight & the wind has been whipping around out there since last evening.

​Yesterday was good. There was Bible study. It was canceled last week because our leader had the flu, and yesterday she was still dragging. Came home, ate lunch, and then headed to the medical center for my yearly Mammo and an ultrasound. The radiologist came in to check the ultrasound herself, and declared my cysts haven't grown, so I was good to go for another 6 mos.

I had great plans to get a lot done, but that didn't happen. I did roast a chicken and made several side dishes. Had plans to take some over to my Aunt P, but she never returned my call. Come to find out late evening, that she's been put back in the hospital for low sodium levels. Eventually I made 3 flourless cakes during the evening. One is a full sized one & is for one of the Kindergarten teachers who ordered it and the second recipe I split btw two 8" cake pans & they'll be for samples. One is going to the Bistro for them to try.

​Was emailing back & forth with my Aunt's daughter (cousin Colleen) and found out our teachers are scheduled to go on strike 3/15.

​There is nothing on the schedule for today. I've completely stripped my bed, and going to wash everything...sheets and blankets. I have sandwich cookies to bake off if I so desire. We'll see. May go in and visit my Aunt P in the hospital. It's only about 10 min away. I was going to invite her to play cards with us Sunday, but I guess that won't be happening.

Have a good one all!

Good morning...kinda blah around here...just a lot going on..

Comment

Good snowy morning here also, it is a winter wonderland look out there but it looks better than the dark, dreary, wet look of yesterday morning, at least this way it is bright..

I have no plans for the day either, think this is the time of year I just get the blahs, LOL....ready for spring and some nice porch sitting weather. I have a zillion things I could do and maybe the mood might strike me to do one or two of them, isn't there always something constructive we 'could' do....jostoy is like a well organized and oiled machine always to perfection, not me.

My usual chore and yes it is a chore, deciding what to fix for supper....and I do have shirts that need ironing. Was so happy when hubby retired because no more corporate casual shirts to iron, well then he decides to do real estate, going to be 65 and still doing the one thing I detest most....ironing, it is hard on my back....

Well today is trash day, time to round it up and head it out.

Hope we get more visitors here today...have a good day one and all...
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        Sharon, I finally decided to take Gary's white dress shirts to the cleaners. Told them light starch and both he and I were happy campers!

Good morning.
      This morning we pack the car, and start heading to NV. We're breaking up the driving so it won't be too hard on E's bad arm. We will get to our destination tomorrow.
      The funeral itself is sometime on Sunday.
      Monday we start heading back home.

NV will be colder than here. Sunday will have a high of 52°, I know.

Hoping you all will have a good day/weekend.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

morning..sunny and cold but nothing dropping from the sky. In fact I am hoping winter is done!!!

I still have to mop that darn kitchen floor...what is wrong with me? The laundry is caught up and I do have ironing but that can wait. I agree, planning a meal is the worst part. However, tonight is carry out Friday because I just cannot cook another night this week...I have put 4 meals on the table this week and enough is enough!

I think we are all in the midst of the winter blahs. Hasn't this been the longest winter? I am hoping for a long hot summer!! Take care everyone...and a curse to the guy who has been out there honking his horn for the last 5 minutes!!

Comment

Good morning from the daycare room! It is sunny, cold, but no wind and no rain, at the moment.

Big storm coming in and so far all fenc s are still up. My doors kept coming open yesterday with the wind and I am not sure what the fix will be. Hopefully, just new life complete.

A child just arrived in her dad's sheriff truck. Always makes me feel safe when people see it coming to my house. Like: don't mess with this house!

Ok, two more kids are here. I better get moving.

Maxie, it probably isn't the kosher way to clean floors, but if my back is hurting I use Clorox wipes and my feet! With shoes, of course, and it com s out clean!

Comment

• maxie
            maxie commented
            Editing a comment
            I did probably a very close thing to clorox wipes...the swiffer wet mop. Also used it in the bathroom! So the floors no longer have enough dirt to start a garden! Cooking, house work...they are really bringing out my less domestic side! And to think just a few years ago I would hands and knees clean floors...the good ole days.

Good afternoon everyone..

It is nice too see the sun..We had all day rain yesterday..It is one bad hair day...Windy...

We went to Wal-mart...I need some fabric...And i was trying to finish up my wreath...i had hard time looking for light blue and green...All they had was dark..

And i do not need that..It will not looked good with my colors..So i looked around..And found some fat pack...And they had my colors...

And one my kitty ate bug last night..And i got up clean up that mess...
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Hi Everyone.

Been AWOL again. Drs Drs. Drs. Won't go into detail.

maxie I find that steam works best for all my floors. Soap attracts dirt IMO - at least it does here.

Speaking of cleaners, I have 2 cape-type coats that are at least 30 years old. They have never been cleaned or washed. Label says dry clean only, but yesterday I threw them in the washer, and WOW! They are gorgeous and it didn't cost me a dime.

As to chicken I bought a roasted at the store. After so many, the next one is free. I don't keep track, so I was so pleased. The checker said, "It will taste even better now." And it did. LOL
            I have practically given up on chicken. Scallopini is about the only way we can deal with it anymore. Tough chickens everywhere around here.

JoG - Safe travels.

Hugs Everyone.

Comment

Working...
            X