Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday ! Last Day of February

Good Morning!

More drama. Cancer center called. Get to hospital. Transfusion needed. Got that done, and home to await nurse for antibiotic injection. Today back to cancer center for 2 shots.

On top of that, another inch of rain. Weather today is not supposed to be great, either.

Dish TV remotes wearing out, so I called DISH. No charge for 2 remotes. Coming tomorrow. Can't beat that. Of course, I won't tell you how much we pay for their programming every month.

Hope you all are doing well. We are getting by. Still have each other and still find things to enjoy and laugh about.

Hugs to Everyone.

A short good morning to all.

​Laydebug, it is great that you and John can still laugh together. I know it must be hard some days. I have a neighbor who seems to have to do as John is doing. His bones are getting brittle and now is lungs are getting bad. He has been "living" with this cancer for 6 years. He even had the stem cell treatment maybe 2 years ago.

Hope all have a good day.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• bethina
      bethina commented
      Editing a comment
      Jostoy I read on yesterdays post that you have to go with your friend the vet the today....Are her kitty's ok?

• jostoy
      jostoy commented
      Editing a comment
      bethina, 1 kitty has parasites that they seem to not be able to get rid of. This is her 4th time of being at the vet, and they keep her anywhere from 8 to 4 days each time.

Good morning...I think that I am on my to better..I have a productive cough...chest doesn't seem to be hurting as much....Yesterday I think that I did to much after being so sick....I went to work then I went and got groceries for both the Cat and myself...not realizing she needs hard food too..I will get that today while I wait for the bus to come home...My helper lady met me at the grocery store...we got all the stuff together to put a roast in the crock pot...I didn't realize how expensive roast can be until I got in the car and looked at my receipt....It was finally done at around 9 last night....so I had to have some then..I ate what wouldn't fit into my storage bowl...I might have some so for breakfast..for sure for lunch and supper for the next 2 days and I will possibly freeze some tomarrow.. We seasoned it and added mushroom gravy mushrooms potatoes and onions. It turned out very well...

Next week we are either making a chicken pasta dish or chili mac...I have come to realize that if we making something on Monday or Tuesday that I can eat for a few days its easier and saves time and money. Also if I know that I have something yummy waiting at home I am less likely to run for fast food after work.

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      I almost always buy chuck roast for the crockpot. An envelope of dry Lipton onion soup and then spread on a can of cream of mushroom or celery or chicken soup and it turns out delicious!

Good Morning...

Elaine your life is certainly busy and full...think of you and John often and keep you in my prayers...Nice to hear that with all you guys both have coming at you you can still savor the moments together.

I see Donna posted that she has all things with the roundtable taken care of, God Bless you Donna on top of all the things you do you are taking care of us also, LOL...No concern for me about the checks or depositing them, figured you were waiting until all things were collected...

Bethina crockpots are a blessing at times, look on line for crockpot recipes, 4 ingredients or less..all meats are expensive these days, buy a roast, cut in half, make two or three meals from it..

Today is my lung CT scan and finger poke and stop by and pick up some Girl Scout cookies ordered from friends daughter, LOL...hubby says he read somewhere that they do not get much from the sale of those cookies...

Not much else on my agenda today, my stomach was a bit queasy yesterday so hopefully today is better..Take care one and all...have a good day...
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Elaine, I finally changed from DISH when I saw how much I was paying and went to Directv, but I have to admit, I miss DISH...but with my AT&T bundling it with cell and wifi, it really brought my costs down.
      John is in my prayers as well. So thankful your medical people are On It!

Beth, Pinterest has so many crockpot slow cooker recipes you could one a day and go years without a repeat, I think. I get where I use mine a lot and then for some reason not so much. And protein for breakfast can keep you going longer!

Not much new around here. the big kids got to go out and play while the little ones were napping. The wind was blowing and it was cold. Today will be cloudy and possible rain.

I took the cake over to my friend's house. I stayed a visited awhile and caught up with them. They have a very large family and all the kids were able to come home during the week their grandma was on hospice except for the one back East in Marine intelligence. He will be able to fly to Utah next week for the service. Whomever took in food last night had brought in REal Mexican. It smelled just like a restaurant! They offered me food but I had already eaten and they were finished.

Local politics is heating up around here. Sheriff's race as well as District Attorney are already getting fired up on Facebook and around town. One candidate for Sheriff was at church Sunday! He hadn't been seen in over 20 years. I guess he thought he can campaign on the pews! I just tried to control myself from rolling my eyes and not causing a ruckus at church. Even when Gary was running for city Council and when he was on it, he Never talked politics at church.

Oh, I see my soapbox so I bettr close and get going with the work of the day. Bring in the trash cans for the first thing and turn on some lights.
      Hope your day is sunny and happy!

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Morning Paula, you have been ahead of me the last couple of days. Thought campaigning in church was illegal? Maybe not...sick on the mailbox crammed with political crap and that will just get worse after the primaries. I sometimes worry that being despicable is a requirement for a politician. We get lots of new politician friends during an election year...sorta like all the new friends you get when you win the lottery.

Good morning.....this last day of February!
      The month is being dramatic in it’s closing, with bad weather sweeping the country the way it is. Today our temps will get to a whopping 52°.

We got a couple of phone calls with bad news yesterday evening. E’s niece died in her sleep, the other night. They think maybe a heart attack in her sleep....waiting for autopsy to confirm it. The youngest daughter of E’s eldest sister. I hope arrangements are clear of my medical appointments in March. She will be the first of our “kids” to go. 😢.

Not much else to write about. I really can’t think today.

Beth, that is a good outlook on your meals. Fast food is not nutritious, and they have a reason for calling it junk food.

Elaine, you and John are so often in my thoughts (as is Sharon). I fully understand all these medical trips back and forth.
      My “Be Well” wishes are always with you.

Have a great day, everyone. 🤗
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Morning..if it is not raining or has rained it soon will be with that sky. Winter is just so ugly. Still mild temps so that is something...not sure the furnace has ran in a couple of days.

Elaine sorry to hear John needed another transfusion. I have never dealt with a prolonged illness and it must be very wearing and trying. Sharon, you have had a long bout with the flu stuff. Good luck with the scan. Beth I use my crock pot several times a week. Start it before you leave for work in the morning and whatever you have in it will be cooked and ready when you get home!

For some reason I am sore this morning. I feel like I did a full day of manual labor. Well you all know that didn't happen and I cannot think of anything I did but my arm and leg muscles are complaining and if they were not used they have no right to bitch! Guess I'll take a hot shower and a couple of Tylenol and see if that helps. We are having potatoes, eggs and pancakes for supper tonight. It is easy enough and Andrew has been hanging in the kitchen all week talking so I can put him to work. He came in last night and ask if there were any hamburgers and hot dogs or brauts leftover from Monday. So that little boy had me heat them up and throw them in a bun and he and his dad drove them to grandpa. His mother's dad is the only grandpa he has and they are very close. Evidently he is worried grandpa is not eating well....he was repairing Jon's chain saw so they went to check on it and bring the sandwiches. He came back in with a bottle of coke for me! They stopped for gas and a drink and Jon says he put two drinks on the counter...one for him and a coke for me. He really must be lobbying for something really big! Then he dug the air cushions out of a shipping box and darn near scared me to death when he jumped on it! Maybe that is why I am so sore? He had me jumping to the ceiling!! He is a dandy!

I have a Kohl's coupon and anniversary coupon so want to get there this weekend. UnderArmor is on sale for boys...however, Kohl's does not let you use coupons of UnderArmor or Nike but it is on sale. Plus we need a blender...The motor worked on ours but the blades would not spin even though they appeared loose. Not going to fight with a blender so Jon threw it in the trash when he couldn;t get it to work either. Everything is disposable these days. Shame!

I have been working at my chores all week and think I have mopping the kitchen floor left. But that means dragging out the vac and the steam mop and see places on the wall that should be wiped down. One things leads to another and I may just pass again today. Right now paying bills is more appealing than mopping floors!

Goodbye February..not going to miss you and are now another month closer to summer. Those of you ailing rest today and feel better tomorrow. Whatever you do make it fun...no one here is going to worry about productive!

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          I just meant he was there thinking he was winning over people.
          We’ll see if he comes back and if anyone was at all moved by his visit!
          lol
      Working...
      X