Ready or not Tuesday is here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready or not Tuesday is here!

Good morning....feeling better that yesterday..still feeling exausted...chest still does hurt I am working this morning it's only 3 hours I can do it. I think I am getting picked after work or I hope that I am.

The lady that helps me will be here today. I am cooking chicken in the skillet and roasting broccoli. I am also going make left over chicken salad with Greek yogurt mostly.

I did find out when I was at the doctor my weight is now under 200 first time in years!! I am down 5 pounds since december

Good SUNNY Morning! Lovin' it!!!!! Congrats on the lost lbs Bethina!

​Yesterday I spent the morning at the school helping with the Book Fair. I'm a sucker for books. I bet I spend close to $200/yr on books for Blaise....not just at the BF's but also on Amazon. Didn't accomplish much during the afternoon. Got the 3 fillings made for the pies and got them assembled & ready to bake for this morning. Did make dinner, though they weren't crazy about it, but I thought it was good. Called & made several appts. I now have 3 weeks to get my act together for my tax prep appt.

​Got the 3 pies baked and ready for pick up later this afternoon. Later this morning we (Mom, SIL, niece, & I) are going up to see Becca's new house and all go out for lunch. Not sure what the rest of my day will bring.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Hi Everyone. :

Beth, congratulations on the weight loss. Wish I could say the same.

Donna, I used to be a bookie, but now I do everything on a screen. Still have a LOT of cookbooks lining shelves that have not been opened in years. Would love to get rid of them.

Yesterday was something. John has battled a fever all weekend. Took Tylenol by the handfuls. Nurse came at 7a yesterday. I went to the doctor to talk about John at 9. Doc said I just had to bring him.
      Doctor is wonderful. He met us at the back door and walked us in. Anyway, diagnosis: urinary tract infection. Nurse came back at 2 to draw his blood for cancer check and then at 4:30 Humana girls came for bi-monthly visit. WORN OUT! Three more return visits from nurse for daily antibiotic injections. Plus we are waiting to see if he needs a transfusion.

On the brighter side. No rain for a couple of days, but it is supposed to fire up again today.

Hope everyone is doing well. Just have not had time to get to RT. Love to Everyone.

Comment

Good morning all.

Today is a free day for me. That is staying off the roads.

May run the Swiffer over the floors to "spruce" them up a little. It is to be in the 60's today so will probably ride my bike again today. I rode for a while yesterday afternoon.

Sunday afternoon I got on the floor about 4 times to fix my kitchen sprayer hose, and on the forth time I thought I was going to have to call my neighbor for help. I couldn't pull myself up and my legs weren't strong enough to lift my butt up off the floor. Took 4 different ways trying to get up. The forth time I barely made it up. So that is why I've got to start riding my bike again to get some strength back in my legs.

​Tomorrow I have to leave here early to take E a couple places. One to the vet in Lawerenceville, and to the eye Dr. in Vincennes. So doubt I'll be posting in the morning.

​Everyone have a good day.
        Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

good morning. It is windy out and will be cloudy but no rain expected for a few days. I doubt we will be going out, unless I just let the older three go out and I do my duty by the door so I can be aware of all of them. I wait till nap time to let the three go out..But if they thought I wasn't in the doorway watching them: look out! Why do kids want to do the things that will get them hurt or in big trouble (throwing rocks in the pool or over the fence into the neighbor's yard?) If anything like that occurs they have to come in immediately and lay down...and they know it, but....

Beth, congrats on losing the pounds. I am again trying to take a few off. From Thankwsgiving to Christmas was a little too merry.
          and why did my font go down to so little?

the computer is not always my friend. And then yesterday I read an email from Avast describing how the ransom ware hacks you and takes all your photo files, etc hostage and askes fo rmoney to get it back...And they can even lock you out of your phone...

I don't have a lot to do today. There is a lot on the days I don't have to be in the daycare, but I am limited to what can be done and still be with the kids.

Elaine, I have almost got to the point where I can donate my cooking magazines and cookbooks that I don't have right on my counter or in the cupboard. I realize I always go to Pinterest first to find a recipe and use the magazines for ideas to go find on Pinterest...I have what my family knows are my Favorite cookbooks and use them all the time. covers may be off a few and they are certainly not in their pristine condition, but they are the go to standards and no one dares to move them or suggest donating them.

I hope you all have a good day. I am taking the cake over to my friends this evening. they had a family birthday party for a granddaughter last evening in another town and were trying to keep it fun for her inspite of the death in the family.

Comment

Could be our last sunny morning for a while..rain predicted for tonight into the rest of the week off and on. But it is not snow or ice and temps will stay above freezing so not complaining.

Grilled hamburgers and brauts last night and Jon dug out pork steaks and texted early this morning he was going to grill them tonight. Sounds good to me. When he grills it makes a much simpler meal for me to prepare. It just makes for a later meal and this is Sierra's night class and only night she is home for a meal with the family. She may have to fill up with the sides and eat her meat as a nighttime snack.

Again nothing going on around here. These sunny mild days are putting me in the mood to shop. Unlike Beth I have not lost any weight this winter and I congratulate you Beth! I am just hoping to get into my pants this Spring and know I need tops. I needed tops last summer!! Sierra is on Spring break in a couple of weeks and we are taking a shopping day. Miss Fashion Plate has a pocket full of gift cards from Christmas she has been saving for summer.

Sounds like you and John have a lot of support Elaine and that is wonderful. Hope he feels better soon. Cookie you just keep moving. I don't know how you do it. Enjoy your lunch with Becca. I am going to start laundry and unload the dishwasher. Need to make a fast walmart run. People at work have been telling Jon to go to Aldi's for produce so we did yesterday and oh my! The selection was wonderful and it was so fresh, plus a lot cheaper. Looks like we will be shopping veggies there a lot more often!

Time to start the day. Have a wonderful day everyone!

Comment

Good Morning to all...just finished brunch the hubby made, my stomach just isn't feeling it this morning, couldn't eat much.
              Beth congrats on the weight loss and good job on your speech, with my hearing problem couldn't hear a lot of it...

Donna enjoy your day, so nice when we see our children taking care of themselves and doing well..

Elaine sure hope the antibiotics kick in and John gets over the infection..so wonderful you do have some support...

jostoy the vision I have of you rolling on the floor gave me a chuckle but in all honesty I do know how you feel after my surgery I bent down to plug a cord in and fell backwards and had one heck of a time getting up, and got down on the floor to do something and could not get myself back up, finally inched to a window ledge for some support..I got me one of those stationary bikes and elastic exercising bands and did exercises....was a scary time.

Maxie, I also love things fixed on the grill, and pork steaks are one of my favorite, in fact I just bought some fresh cut pork from a butcher...Aldi's is a good place for produce...

I am trying to go through all my programs, websites, etc. and important sites and get all of them down on paper, also have a laptop I bought back 6 months ago I need to start using...my desktop I use daily is over 6 yrs. old and is almost at the point of not running right...

Well off I go and do some laundry first...

Have a great day one and all, hope we all are getting some much needed VitD via sunshine...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning, early birds.
                I couldn’t fall asleep til about 3 a.m., so I don’t feel guilty about sleeping in this morning.

Beth, congratulations on your weight loss. Did the doctor tell you that as you get back to your “good” weight, you’ll start feeling better?
                My weight s back up since the holidays, and I need to work on that, too.

Elaine, your doctors sound great. It’s nice when they’re really there for you. Hope John starts feeling better very soon.
                I’m sorry what he has to go through.
                I see my cancer doctor next week. He’s funny. I know he’s concerned about how I’m doing since that procedure to remove stones from my bile duct last December. I see the doc who did the procedure the week or two after. Nobody asked for another MRI, but I have two different lab works to get done for this guy and the gal that’s considering a bone marrow biopsy. (Ouch)

Today it’ll be cloudy with winds again. It should get to the high 60’s. A slight chance of rain tonight, and a better chance of rain tomorrow in the early hours, but the temps will drop to the 50’s again. Decent weather (except for the windy part) but cool.

We never did make it shopping, but maybe today. Or not. Depends on how E feels. He’s been lazy lately...we all have days like that... but we aren’t really hurting for anything yet. But tomorrow starts the sales, and I’m willing to wait for that.

So that’s it for today. Youngest great-granddaughter will be 2 yrs old in about a week. Haven’t heard about a party. Yet.
                I kind of expected one, as my daughter who’s the grandma was planning a theme for it a couple months ago. GGD actually let me hold her when I saw her just before Christmas......naturally, it cost me my dancing Snoopy Santa doll. but she fell in love with it. But that’s how it goes when you seldom see the little ones, much less your own kids.

Donna, books are an excellent investment for kids!

Oh, Paula..... have you thought of a kids’ basketball hoop for the yard, or even a bean bag board? That might settle the kids’ needs to toss things.

Well, I need to get dressed and ready for anything.

Have a great day, dear friends. 🤗
                Last edited by JoGee; 02-27-2018, 11:29 AM.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
                  Paula A commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Great idea about the bean bags! I do have a hoop, but I think the bean bag idea is a good one for their size!

• sassygirl01
                  sassygirl01 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Paula A...I have idea for bean bag.....Corn hole....

Good afternoon everyone..
                I was going my morning chores..Like..."ATTACK" the dust bunnies..And there was alot..

It was nice too see the sun..And i working on quilt.....
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                X