Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday ~ 2/22

Hi Everyone.

Well, we have had nearly 8 inches of rain in the last 36 hours. All the locals on FB have been talking about is how they can't get anywhere because their roads are under water. We haven't tried to leave home, so don't know about the roads, but our yard and pasture have been underwater. Rain has stopped for now, so hoping for a brighter day.

Nothing newsworthy other than that.

Our minister recommended removing 40 items of clutter from our lives during Lent, and I have the opportunity to do some of that today, since it's trash day. If I really get after it, I have a LOT more than 40 items I don't need around here.

Well, hoping everyone is doing well. Have a good day.

Morning...Stress and worry are on my heart and mind today.

I found out yesterday that a very good childhood friend a 2nd mom...had a heart attack on Saturday...today hopefully she will have surgery and more test to see if they can help her heart but she has so many cards stacked against her...and she is alone in the hospital...her family can't get to her because they are either dealing with illnesss and other major medical things or are iced in from a bad ice storm...I can't get to her because I don't have the money or know how to get to her or believe me I would be there...

Please pray for her...her name is vickie...

Love you all

Comment

Good Morning. It's pouring rain here, but not NEAR the amount that you crazy people in Texas with you do everything BIG! LOL!

​Yesterday was good. Took my ??? glasses and machine to Sandy's to see what I was doing wrong. Here most of them were progressive lenses & that's why my reading were off. I was shown how to tell if they are progressive lenses vs bifocals. Interesting. Always willing to learn something new. Sandy is a very quiet person, but one on one she became chatty....nice! Came home and then delivered the fudge pie to the restaurant for them to try and the apple pie to the doctor's office. Then the fun (for me) began. I went to the new grocery store in town...Sharp Shopper. The bargain hunt began. Then stopped at Aldi's.

​Came home and worked on getting all the "bargains" put away. Made spaghetti w/meatballs. The MB & sauce was one of the bargains. Also got a 5lb bag of hashbrowns ($3) and baked off 10 of them so that I could just pop them in the toaster in the morning. I can hardly get Blaise to eat anything for breakfast, so I thought I'd try these. He ate the whole one this morning. YES! Spent some of the evening working on the eyeglasses again. I just want to get them done so I have some relaxing evenings. I started a book and word like to work on it.

​Normally on Thurs mornings I go to Bible study, but our teacher has been sick all week, so I'm going to bake...big surprise there. Going to make 3 carrot cakes for sure and may make several PB pies. They will all go in the freezer. There is always laundry to do. Blah!

​Have a good one all!

Comment

• jostoy
        jostoy commented
        Editing a comment
        Cookie, did you get my check yet?

• cookielady
        cookielady commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes...yours & Sharon's.....we are all set. Just waiting for Nightstorm to get me his address.

• jostoy
        jostoy commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. Hopefully and evidently it arrived in 1 piece this time.

Good morning all.

​Went to derm Doc. yesterday in Effingham. Got the 2 areas "burnt" off again. She said that she only burns 3 times, so the next time will be the knife. My incision is almost faded away where the surgeon removed the Squamous Cell cancer in Dec.

​Today it is to Vincennes to take my neighbor. We will go to the Chinese place for lunch. May stop at Lowes to get the ant killer stuff for the yard. Right now the ants should be floating to another neighbors yard. Not as much rain as Ladyebug, but enough to cause flood warning for the Wabash River.

Everyone have a good day.
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning.
        Got up just a bit ago. The house felt cold so I turned up the furnace. Nights are close to freezing again, days will be in the high 50’s-low 60’s for a while. Today will be sunny but cold; tomorrow will be a bit warmer, but the winds will return. I hate the winds.

Got more stuff sorted yesterday, to discard one way or another. Yay! More to do today though.

Got ground beef to cook up today. Thinking half “fake steak minion” and half Spanish rice for another day.
        Also found a box of gingerbread mix in the cupboard...it’ll be a good day for baking! Thinking of adding choc chips to it, and maybe orange zest.

So that’s about it for today.
        Hope your day is a good one. 🤗

Beth, maybe send a nice card to Vickie, if you have her hospital address?
        Elaine, it seems like an awful lot of rain. But rain is good out here.
        Cookie, busy as ever. Wish I had your kind of energy again. 😊
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's rain...keeps running through my head!
          this morning is our coldest at 33* and with a little cloud cover but no rain or snow expected other than the mountains. We really need to build up the snowpack.

I have pulled a muscle in my right ribcage area. It makes me walk slower and make some weird noises...moans, groans and big sighs! Taking Ibuprofen and taking it as easy as I can...if the baby would just start crawling...

I hope the waters go down and your spirits stay high. Beth, I will keep your friend in my prayers.
          Stay well, Everyone!

Comment

Another rainy morning here. Rain gauge says we have had 3 inches of rain since Monday and ice in between. It is raining again this morning but not the predicted slick roads. I do not know when the rain is going to end but do know it is coming in from Texas and looks like you are getting the brunt of it Elaine.

Today is lunch with the school chums and I am not going to fight any type of weather to get there even though I need to drop off my taxes. Then when I get home I must must must work up the hamburger for meat loafs and meatballs. Jon is off today so I can get him to do the mixing. That cold meat hurts my hands. No kids tonight so probably won't cook today.

Yesterday I did load after load of laundry and cooked a decent meal. I really need to throw in a load of rugs. I hate dirty rugs at doors and I know you have rugs at doors to collect the dirt especially in rainy weather but I want clean rugs out.

Appears I am down to gibberish so will send good wishes to everyone. Jostoy, I would guess if he is burning off three times it is time to dig it out. I have only had one surgically removed. All those years of sun and fun are haunting us! Hope your rain stops soon in Texas or that you at least stop sending it up to us! Take care everyone, stay warm, and dry and healthy!

Comment

Working...
            X