Wednesday Feb 21st

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday Feb 21st

Good Morning All! We had an absolutely GORGEOUS day yesterday...sun AND heat. This morning we had a beautiful sunrise, but I know the clouds aren't far behind since we are to have rain for the next several days.

​Yesterday was good if you are a silver lining type of person. Sue & I met part way for her to get her sugar cookies. I then headed to the GYN office for my yearly "fun". She (along with PCP) have been nagging me for years to get a colonoscopy and I've been saying NO! It's not the rest itself that's been holding me back, but the prep. Anyways, she found blood when she examined, so now I HAVE to go. CRAP! (yes, the pun is intended!) I also have to go for a mammo & ultrasound next week since I didn't do a follow up on back in August. She was just a bucket of joy! LOL! We talked kids in the 5 minutes she was there.

​I then went to visit my Mom and take her some cookies. Her & her gang that she plays cards with on Wed nights love raisin filled cookies, so I took her some that I made the day before. Got home and dipped the Buckeyes in choc...another item to be checked off my list. Picked up Blaise from school and took him for his counseling session. He went in all by himself this time. We had dinner at Arby's afterwards. After everyone got in bed, I mixed up a few batches of pie dough and made a flourless choc cake.

​I've got the apple pie in the oven for the doctor's office order. I'm going to Sandy's after Blaise goes to school. I'm taking my bag of ???? glasses that I couldn't seem to get Rx's for and have her help me figure out what to do. There are quite a few this time. Afterwards I'll be taking the pie into the office and hitting up Aldi's. Not sure what the rest of my day will bring. I've used my last carrot cake, so I may bake 2 or 3 of those for the freezer.

​Have a good one all!

Morning...Daddy had a follow up with his surgeon yesterday for his shoulder..He received an A- and can already raise a lot higher than before Surgery...Today he goes to the skin doc and my sister and nieces are headed that way to take them all further south to my granny's so that mom can take her to a doctor's appointment...I am so greatful for my sis going and taking them to that appointment with the weather being so ???

Work this morning...hanging out and cleaning my room this afternoon.

Comment

Good Morning, another soggy, dreary one out there....and another appt. for me today, my yearly wellness check...hey I was happy to see my cholesterol number at 130 and the good and bad numbers also were good...They have a portal that you can see all your medical 'stuff', appts. etc. on line so I already know my results, yeah. Hubby and I got the grocery shopping done after my finger poke yesterday glad that is out of the way...I have a beef roast in the crockpot already this morning, can of cream of mushroom soup and pkg. of beefy onion soup mix sprinkled on top...will fix Rice a Roni beef flavored to go with it and some green beans..Told hubby this is the week we go through the freezer and get rid of old 'stuff' and have it in the trash on Friday, time to realign the freezer and go purchase the good stuff from a butcher...I detest store pkg. meat not many stores have butchers on duty anymore...

So not much else going on here, well yes there is trying to get my social security and what supplements to purchase before my birthday hits this year, good ole 65 is coming up...Thankful hubby's company he retired from still helps you through this process...will need a visit to the social security office I want to do it in person rather than on the internet...

Well that's all folks, have a great day...

Donna, I am a pro at the clean out prep for colonoscopy, after 40 years of having crohn's disease...I do hope you do it soon and find out why the blood.
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning and kind of slow moving day here. the trash trucks have come and gone and the huge hose I got in one is gone and I am glad! I will be more careful about what type I buy this time.

We have no rain in sight so Saturday will be a day for getting a new hose for the back yard. I covered my begonias and pansies with plastic last night and will double layer them tonight. The pansies are in a pot and I will bring them in or to a protected place on the back patio but the begonias have been growing for over a year and I don't want to lose them. the orchards around the area have water going to keep them from freezing. Hoping almond prices don't go up like macadamia prices have.

We will see how many are here today. I hope you all have a good day!

Comment

Good morning.
          The last couple of nights I haven’t slept very well. It means I wake up later. And I feel tired most of the day.
          Maybe it’s the weather, the humidity. Today begins with bright sunshine instead of clouds. That’s a good sign...I like sunshine...however the temps will be in the low 60’s and high 50’s through the weekend.

Cookie, I doubt that anyone enjoys a colonoscopy, or especially the prep part. However, as we age, that’s where they find some problems that needs be taken care of before it gets really serious.

Nothing much interesting going on here.
          Have a great day. 🤗
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

An icy good morning here. Sierra just came through and her car is frozen shut. last night the rain turned into freezing rain and sleet but the roads appear to be fine...kids have school anyway. The rain gauge shows 3 inches of rain since Monday with more to come the rest of the week and more ice tonight. Winter is killing me!!!!!

Andrew was back last night and I sure do miss him. He is suppose to be reading for a Six Flags ticket. Even my boys read for free Six Flag tickets so it is a long standing thing. Drew told his mom he wasn't going to read anymore because he had money and would buy his own. So this smart lady told him how much the ticket would cost and now he is back trying to cram in reading in the five days left. He may not make it! But it was his decision.

Yesterday it rained the entire trip to the doctor and home again. But I do not have to see him again for a year! And why then is a mystery because I have no heart problem. But I stabled that appointment slip on my December calendar for NEXT year! I have absolutely no doctor appointments on my calendar for the rest of this year. It feels good to finally have people agree that you are healthy.

Well, Sierra wants me to meet her at Subway after class and before work. I do not want to go out but it next door to the grocery so I can run in. Last night I was hungry for something while watching the hockey game but did not know what I wanted so I started healthy and ended up with junk and still had not found what I wanted. Why is it you never fill up when you cannot find what you are craving? And how can you want something and not know what it is? And that explains the size of my pants!!

Remember when we were talking coffee the other day. Well, I cannot believe I had to do this but I ordered it from Amazon. My regular Folgers coffee will be coming in the mail because the stores around here are not carrying my Morning Cafe. If someone had told me a few years ago I would be ordering coffee online I would have laughed.

Time to start the day. Laundry and a meal today. I know that sounds easy but meals are a chore. Hope the sun is shining on you and the temps are warm...they were warm here yesterday with rain and today it is cold and ice. Hurry Summer!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X