Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday....Feb. 20

Good morning.

Will start making my cucumber box today. Got the lumber yesterday. I got 1x12 inch boards x 8 feet long and had the first board cut in the middle. Second board was cut 4 feet 6 inches so I could have a 2 inch "hang-over at the ends. The remainder of the board will be cut to close the each end of the sides.

​I counted how many rt. angle braces I had and I'll be short 4. So will need to get those before I can finish the box up.

I saw the following and thought that the person cover excuse as to why NOT go to church. Hope you think it was as funny as I did.

Hope all have a good day.

​To make it possible for everyone to attend church this Sunday, we are going to have a special "No Excuse Sunday":

Cots will be placed in the foyer for those who say, "Sunday is my only day to sleep in."

There will be a special section with lounge chairs for those who feel that our pews are too hard.

Eye drops will be available for those with tired eyes from watching TV late Saturday night.

We will have steel helmets for those who say, "The roof would cave in if I ever came to church."

Blankets will be furnished for those who think the church is too cold, and fans for those who say it is too hot.

Scorecards will be available for those who wish to list the hypocrites present.

Relatives and friends will be in attendance for those who can't go to church and cook dinner, too.

We will distribute "Stamp Out Stewardship" buttons for those that feel the church is always asking for money.

One section will be devoted to trees and grass for those who like to seek God in nature.

Doctors and nurses will be in attendance for those who plan to be sick on Sunday.

The sanctuary will be decorated with both Christmas poinsettias and Easter lilies for those who never have seen the church without them.

We will provide hearing aids for those who can't hear the preacher and cotton wool for those who think he's too loud!
    Last edited by jostoy; 02-20-2018, 08:33 AM.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Good SUNNY & WARM Morning! It's too soon for this. Plants will start budding & then get whammied when winter decides to show it's face & force again.

​Yesterday was super productive even though it was wet & dreary all day. Baked 5 different kinds of cookies and iced the 3 doz sugar cookies I needed for today's order. Also took some goodies down to the restaurant. Cooked a real dinner since I wasn't planning on cooking today.

​Had made plans with my SIL & cousin to go see a movie at 2pm today. HA! That's got canceled. I forgot to look at my calendar & here Blaise has a 4:15 appt. A couple hours later my GYN doctor's office called to remind me of my 10:15am appt there, which I totally forgot since I made that appt a year ago. When you don't have a calendar to write it in, I tend to forget it. Oh well. So much for my other plans for today.

​Not sure if I'll get anything major accomplished today besides running to appts. I do need to get a pie made for the doctor's office for tomorrow. So I guess I'll be doing that. Think we'll pick up a pizza for dinner or have Arby's. I'm flexible!

Jo....I read that one in our church newsletter one time, and it is funny.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good Morning all you sweet loveable people...It is a windy warm morning here, way to much wind for my liking, and we have flood warnings all around us...I will not take the backroads to the finger poke this morning...I will get my finger poke then do some grocery shopping. My heart is not in the shopping and I have no list, my enthusiasm for shopping is just not there so hopefully something 'jumps' out at me and in my cart, LOL..

Hubby will probably tag along, I truly believe he thinks since he retired he needs to make up for all those years I took myself when I was barely able to move but all he is doing is taking my independence...I will change that soon...Right now, since being in real estate he is looking for a house to buy, work on and flip...he is wonderful at doing just about anything..

Josephine loved the story, no 'excuses' church day...

I still have lots of congestion in head and chest but feel I am getting there, I do still have coughing attacks, LOL...Its the shortness of breath that is getting to me, not sure if it is from the cold or the AFib and blood clot in the heart..

Have a great day one and all, I hear the misters feet hit the floor..
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning
        and looking out window it is a good morning ..snow is gone.. sun is shining and its almost 60 degrees.. yea.
        we will probably head out for shopping after bit,, walmart, aldi's ,maybe Boscov.. not planning on too many stops.. D. is still dragging.. he did not get hurt ,except for a bruise on one hand... when he fell sunday evening .. but he tires easily.. don't want him to start up that congestion crap again.
        Jostoy ,, those are so Real.. one more.. there will be pick-up service for those who feel "unable" to drive ....and feeling dumb. what is a cucumber box.. something you are planning on growing cucumbers in?>

ok .better pick up house. and get moving .. see you all later.

Comment

• jostoy
          jostoy commented
          Editing a comment
          yes, Aunt Maye, that is correct. And proud to say it is finished, and put away in the shed until planting time gets here.

Good morning.
        Looking forward to a not-windy day today. It’s cloudy, but the sun should be out as well. Just 55° by this afternoon.

I posted yesterday about my medical appointment. Please keep your fingers crossed that I won’t need another bone biopsy. This, after feeling so good lately about no health issue problems. Well, there’s a chance it could be cancelled if the rest of my lab work comes through.
        E was surprised but enjoyed watching me share my Dove dark chocolates with all my nurses, lab techs, receptionists and doctors, plus one patient who asked for one. I enjoyed seeing the pleasure on their faces when receiving the unexpected treats.

Today we stay home. We wasted yesterday afternoon, but today we need to get back to sorting stufff.

Tonight’s dinner will be easy. We have leftovers from our OG lunch yesterday. Lemon chicken and veggies in pasta.

Well, that’s all I’ve got to share today.
        Jostoy, that was funny.

Have a great day, everyone.
        Last edited by JoGee; 02-20-2018, 09:33 AM.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

And another ugly morning. Winter is just an ugly season. I think they are predicting rain again today after getting almost an inch and half yesterday. I know we need it but am hoping it holds off until I am off the highway.

Have a pot of spaghetti sauce with meatballs in the crock pot and we will eat in shifts tonight. Jon has a doctors appointment after work and Sierra will come in after a full day of classes to eat then head back out for a night class and Mr. Andrew always comes in starving. A crock pot full of spaghetti sauce is the best shift meal I know! Or a pot of stew!

Yesterday was NOT a productive day around here. Did a load of laundry and unloaded the dishwasher. Took Sierra to lunch before she left for work and then came home and pretty much just vegged out. Did get the dust buster out and got some of the mud around the doors. Had a very long conversation with my sister and we pretty much solved the world issues and gave the family gossip our opinions. She is having a family dinner Saturday so guess I will drive down. All of my family is working so I will go alone depending on the weather.

Need to get a move on since I have a doctors appointment...hopefully this will be the end of the cardiologist! There is something in the air around here since we are all sniffing and sneezing. I am afraid this warm weather will confuse some of the shrubs.

Have a great day everyone...hope you are all going to reach the 70s today!

Comment

Haha, Jostoy! It would be funnier if it wasn’t so true!
            I thought of another category but not sure how to fit it in other than
            Babysitters will be provided for all you parents who send your kids with the neighbors so you get some time away.,,

I was cleaning in the kitchen this morning and didn’t get here to post until now. I read a lot earlier but with the baby grabbing for my phone.

It is only in the 40’s so we didn’t stay out long. 30 minutes which is enough time to run around and be happy to come back in to a hot lunch.

4 kids today. Usually this a full week with cream income but a couple are sick and I told one mom of a school child her child had to be totally over his flu/ cold because of the baby. She seemed to understand but her boy was the one I had to send home because of his horrible cough and cold last vacation time...

I hope you are doing well whatever Time Zone you are in!

Comment

Maxie, for what it’s worth..... your weather is much warmer than the SE desert in AZ. We won’t see 70° til next week, the forecasters said. Then that’s just for 2 days til it drops again. February is AZ’s winter.

Jostoy, your cucumber box is how we constructed my garden. It had to be a raised bed due to the caliche hardness of the ground.
              The first thing I put in it was 2 layers of cardboard.....this kept the moisture inside, and eventually softened the caliche to some degree and depth. Then a layer of mulch, followed by gardening dirt (avoiding stones of our normal “dirt”. After the first watering, I had to add another layer of gardening dirt. Then I planted and had huge success with tomatoes, peppers, vines (squash, beans, peas), but of course not with any root veggies.
              Last edited by JoGee; 02-20-2018, 03:35 PM.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• maxie
                maxie commented
                Editing a comment
                Was just out checking the rain gauge and the temps are dropping with a weather advisory for tonight for ice since the temps will be dropping below freezing. This weather is unbelievable! Forgot to check the gauge but it has rained on and off all day. To think we were warmer than you this week is an oddity.

Maxie, in the past year or so, Alaska actually got warmer than Florida at some point. Mother Nature needs to consider retirement!
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
              X