Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday ! President's Day!

Hi Everyone.

Have not dropped by lately. Computer work on newsletter keeping me busy, plus Saturday at the museum and Sunday at church and a little cooking along. Guess I just don't get as much done as I used to. LOL

It's Monday and so back to cancer center for blood check. Fingers crossed we don't need transfusion.

Our home nurse says she is not seeing or hearing as much about flu around here. Hope she knows what she's talking about.

Sharon, hope you are on the mend. Anything out of order in my head is not something I deal with very well.

Better get on with some laundry and I want to make waffles for breakfast.

Enjoy your "holiday," everyone.
    Last edited by ladyebug; 02-19-2018, 07:56 AM.

Good Morning world...yesterday morning it was white outside, this morning brown, wet and dreary....this is weather I expect in April...

Maxie, speaking of Hawaii and coffee, we went to a coffee producing farm while in Hawaii and I liked the coffee so much I bought a bag (hubby teased me mercifully about my $40 bag of coffee) well that bag of coffee turned me into Ma Barker as my brother in law named me, seems each checkpoint in the airport got me pulled aside because of that bag of coffee....I guess that is a way drug smugglers smuggle drugs...who knew? it became a laughing matter... And as for the chocolate, well they are big on chocolate covered macadamia nuts for sure and I also brought back boxes of those.. I did have coffee with me when we went to Vegas only in my luggage but they left me a note it had been searched, LOL...

The motel we stayed in did not have a coffee maker, refrigerator, so I have a travel one cup coffee maker I took and bought a bag of coffee, I am not going to get dressed and go to Starbucks every morning for a cup of coffee...and if you want a refrigerator that will cost you and extra $30 a day...

Hubby goes to the office today, I plan on dusting and washing linens on the beds, I have the spare bedroom to do from when my sister came here for my Uncles funeral last month, but I got sick right afterwards...so today is the day to refresh that bed..And smothered pork chops and a veggie for supper..

Have a great day one and all..
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Sharon, I merged our topics, and since yours was posted 1 minute after mine, this is what we are left with.

Speaking of Macadamias, I still have cans in the freezer that Nalani brought here. Glad you mentioned them. I had forgotten. Freezer apparently needs looking into. LOL

I don't drink coffee and know nothing about it. I do know that we have bought every pod known to man, and we are back where we started with Folgers Morning Cafe. One cup a day for John.

And as to Chinese, we don't eat out and we don't have good Chinese anyway, so I am making Chinese here today. Have everything lined up for egg rolls and will decide on the main course at the last minute, depending upon the ingredients available.

Seems I am super talkative today.

Comment

Good morning...why did my week end have to end??? IT was just a good I mean really good weekend......A few weeks back I had been asked to be the participant speaker at a fundraiser for an organization that helps me....I was so nervous...not wanting to do it...none of my family could make it....in the end 4 days before the speech my mother surprised and told me that she and daddy would be coming!!!! Then my sister decided she would drive us....then in the end my brother inlaw decided to drive us...and my 2 nieces came too...I so I had my whole family!!!! After the speech Daddy decided he was tired and we didn't stay...we stopped on the way home for fro yo! Came home and everyone went to bed and my sis and her family went home...

Sunday mom and daddy and I had a lazy morning that included breakfast out....then they went home to IL for a week full of appointments...and I just spent day being lazy watching tv...

This morning is work...and sale day at work...we all know how I feel about sale days...

Comment

Good Morning! Awwwww......Mondays.....I get my quiet house back.

​Yesterday was good. Didn't accomplish diddly squat, but it was a day of rest. After dropping off Blaise at Kathy's, we went for Chinese for lunch. Came home, made Corky's lunch food for the work week, and then took a long nap. One of those ones that you keep drifting in & out of. Went to play cards at my cousin's. We had a nice evening together.

Need to mix up some sugar cookie dough & then I think I'll start baking off the cookie doughs I mixed up on Friday. Who knows what else I'll get into.

​Elaine...miss seeing you around here. You were just making up for lost time with all your chatter. LOL!

​Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning.
            Today begins pretty cloudy and dreary looking. It’s supposed to be windy and a small chance of rain here. Not weather I particularly want to be out in, but I have a couple of appointments at our Cancer Center today. So after I grab a bit of breakfast, I have to shower and get ready to go.
            I will be back later to read posts, and comment.
            Have a good day!🤗
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

It is a cold Monday morning here. We are in a Freeze Alert weather stage and lots are praying it does not go as low as it is forecast. The fruit and nuts trees are blooming and the crops will be really damaged...
              Sharon, did anyone say over in Hawaii lwhy the macadamias have gone so high in price? Like 11.00 for a regular size can of Moana Loa here. I used to buy them but at that price I definitely have to lplan the budget for it! My parents would always bring home boxes of the Hawaiian Host chocolate covered macadamias. I buy them at Christmas at Costco, but this year didn't even go up to Costco for them...the Hawaiian chocolate is so good!

The college is not observing President's Day, rather they take off Ceasar Chavez day, and I have no idea when that is. I will have to Google it. California university system is very liberal...The elementary and high school have this whole week off as a Winter break. I haven't heard from any school kid parents so I hope there are no surprises. I like some notice to plan for any older child.

We had beautiful weather and very mild temps on Saturday, but the wind started up yesterday and it was very chilly, although sunny. With the drop in temperature this week at night I am going to have to cover my begonias out front. They lasted so far, and I really don't want to lose them.

Beth, your speaking engagement sounds like it turned out great! It is said that is one of the top three fears that people have: speaking in front of a group.
              I really love doing it...you can probably tell by how long I can go on here!

I hope you all have a great day and see the sun, stay safe as you are out and about and smile at whatever comes your way

Comment

Good morning all.

​Today is pay Uncle Sam day. Will know just how much at 1P. when I have my appt.

​Went to Church yesterday and last night the Baptistry was dedicated, then 2 baptisms. I left directly after, but their was a fellowship super afterwards. I shake so much now that sometimes my food ends up on my clothes instead of in my mouth. Therefore, I don't eat out in front of a lot of people that I know.

​After the Tax lady, I'll go get the lumber for my "cucumber" box. I think 1x8 inch boards will do the job as cucumber roots aren't long at all. I'll use the same trellis as I used in the garden. I'll just attach it to the box though.

Well since I'm still in my jammies, I need to go shower and get dressed. I've got to stop this sleeping in so I can have all 3 meals in a day.

Everyone have a good day.
                Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine..And we are see the sun..We had light rain this morning..And the weather will be in the 70's..
                  I did the morning chores...And went to wal-mart...to get last min thing..

Comment

Morning! This is my second wake up...first the thunder woke me and I just rolled right over and went back to sleep. Seems like forever since I have slept with a storm...best sleeping ever! Sierra has class today but her early morning was cancelled due to illness and Andrew has the day off in honor of Presidents. It is doubtful I will do any cooking today other than an egg sandwich or grilled cheese. I think Jon is driving to Staunton after work because a friend of his lost his home last night in a fire. Sad! And to have it all over fb is just so invasive.

Speaking of coffee...Morning Cafe is all I drink and our walmart is carrying every other flavor but Morning Cafe. I have to drive to Schnucks to buy it and the last time I saw my sister she brought me a big box. everybody everywhere carries Folgers but they have stopped carrying the Morning Cafe flavor. I think I am going to visit my sister Saturday so will stop by her walmart and stock up.

Suppose to rain most of the week and now they are promising flooding but drought breaking rain. Saturday I cancelled lunch because of snow and Monday it is going to reach the 70s and rain. I hope winter is over! Also hope the rain gives me a break when I have to get out this week. I am not sure where my umbrella is!

I think the price of any type of nut has gotten high. I remember as a kid my dad would come in on payday with a bag of peanuts for my mom and each of us kids. Nickle bags that would have cost him .25...it was a treat! Still love salted peanuts especially over a bowl of ice cream. Yum!

Have no plans for the day but the rest of you sound busy. I need to wash Sierra's work clothes since she was ask to to work a few hours this evening. I finally have my taxes together and will drop them off when I meet the school chums Thursday. We have set out 'worms' for the mole...he is just a busy little varmint! Some guy came up behind me in the store and said he was waiting to see what the clerk recommended we use. Seems all the moles are stirring early.

I am going to go in and fix another cup of coffee and enjoy the sound of the rain. Winter rain is so ugly. I have 10#s of ground chuck to make up into meatloaf's and meatballs. Always like to keep them in the freezer for a fast meal.

Sharon hope this means you are feeling better. Have a great day all you busy people...

Comment

• boffler
                      boffler commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Maxie I am feeling better but as soon as I start feeling overheated, short of breath, coughing I sit back down...

Hi again.
                    Today turns out to be mostly cloudy with very thick clouds that hold a promise of more rain, winds at least 22 mph right now, and I can’t believe we will actually hit 60° today but that’s it.
                    My doctor got all my labs except platelets. Everything looks good. If platelets are screwed up I may be in need of another bone biopsy. I asked her if she would be the one to do it (please!!!), and she promised she would. She set it up, but if the platelets are good that appt will be cancelled.
                    I got my usual hugs from the nurses who have known me for a while. They exclaimed I’m looking very good these days.

Right now we are having lunch at the OG before returning home. Having lemon chicken and veggies on pasta. Yummy!
                    Enough for supper, too.

Well, got to finish what I can, and leave.
                    Have a great day. 🤗
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                    X