Good Sunday Morning to all

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Sunday Morning to all

Good morning one and all...seems the ground turned white while I was sleeping, just a dusting, enough to cover the brown.

I think I lazied the day away yesterday it was a 'Hallmark' day and it felt great...hubby went to MI to help youngest son and I put on my flannel bottoms and thermal top and lazed the day away, of course coughing and sneezing. This darn cold just don't want to let go, my ribs hurt bad...

No plans for today either, I will get up and get a few things done but not much....going to make a chicken pot pie for supper, sounds good to me,,

Have a great day one and all...
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Good morning.
    Colder weather has me sleeping in later than usual.
    Most of our weather lately gets into the 50’s or 60’s....today maybe 70, but it drops again for the rest of the week. Nights in the 30’s and 40’s again. We had a bit of overnight rain last night.
    While we visited E’s friend at the hospital the other day, I was watching the clouds settle at the base of the mountains, then accumulate in curls to cover the entire range of mountains. Fascinating, but a sure sign of more cold weather.

Tomorrow should be windy again, yuck! I’ll have to be out in it, as I have to go in for lab work and a routine checkup. I have to dress for ease-of-reaching-my-port for the blood work, plus warmth for outdoors and inside of the Cancer Center.

Well, I think for a change of pace I’ll empty out another kitchen cupboard today, stuff my kids don’t need, and Goodwill will adore me for. A lot of glass things I haven’t used in a long time.

E has eaten more than half the chocolates he gave me for ❤️ Day. He keeps replacing them, though. Not that I care. I laugh, because he’s learning to like dark chocolates. Speaking of chocolate....the University newsletter said that 90% of our best chocolates come from west Africa.....and right now the cocoa trees have been showing definite signs of failure. Scientists have gone there to study the trees and try to save them. I hope that they can solve the problem. Not just because I love chocolate, but because for those farmers, it’s their only livelihood. If the trees fail, their work is over. And there is no substitute for chocolate! I wonder if climate change is causing it?

Well, not much of interest is going on here.
    Hope you all have a beautiful day today! 🤗
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Morning...I ended up having an Hallmark day here too yesterday. We cancelled lunch and then the snow stopped but the temps never left the 30s. We met Sierra and her bf for Chinese later..it wasn't bad since he was pretty quiet. I ask her later if she was surprised hear father invited them and she said no because she knew we are trying. Shame he works so hard to make sure we don't.

Going to do laundry today and maybe some ironing. No Andrew tomorrow because I think it is Presidents Day. My sister told me to make the cardiologist appointment and since I was suppose to make for last week they squeezed me in on Tuesday and then on Thursday I am meeting the school chums so my calendar is filling for the week. Since the chums have not met in a long while and I cancelled the last couple anyway I am going to go. Just to show them I am not dead!

Sharon I have talked with people that have had what you have and how it just hangs on and on. Seems to me they should be able to make a better flu vaccine. But then I am pretty sure there are a lot of cures locked away by big pharma....money is the important factor. It is a shame our politicians are so greedy that they do not do anything to help the rest of us. And get ready for a big nothing on gun control. Money rules ....and corrupts the world. Well, I do not know where that tangent came from but it is time to greet the day.

Kinda gloomy and cold out this morning but the snow has melted off the birdhouse. Whoever said lets skip Spring and move right into Summer has my vote for whatever they want to run for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Good sunny Sunday morning! Yesterday was in Sacramento with family and friends and had an early start and a late ending, so that was why I never made it here.

Friday night was and out to dinner night. I had prime rib. Every time I read about Sharon doing it I want it but I am the only one here that likes it. So I ordered it and it was so good! We ate kpizza after finally getting back home and just talking unitl late.

Our weather people are saying we are heading back into a drought situation! Ugh.

Today is a normal Sunday with church and then just Becky and me. I don't have any dinners planned for awhile and so far, no food to be taken anywhere.
        Of course, that can change so quickly.

I have been tracking my finances for the class I am taking but not doing as well as I could be. Stuart and Jenni are taking one also and showed me the excel type form they have on their phones. I have been doing it the old fashioned way with paper. The phone sheet might be better so I can record things right as I spend. I have slowed down on spending just because I don't like writing it down! lol. Whatever helps, I guess.

Spencer said they got snow yesterday, too. Stuart and Jenni left early because there is snow forecast for their route home and they wanted to get over Mt. Ashland (about 3 hours north) before anything got bad.

I hope you all have a great day! GEt better, take some time to relax and do something for yourself.
        Beth, I can't wait to hear how your speech went!

Comment

Paula, maybe the drought is better than mudslides?
          Despite February being our “rainy month”, such as it is, we always seem to be in perpetual drought as well.
          Our annual average is just 13” ! That explains our living on a shelf of coliche (rock-hard dirt).
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Was just outside talking with my sister and we have a mole! I swear he was not there earlier! Pesky little thing is doomed to meet his maker since I have very little sympathy for yard varmints. And we will be calling the exterminator once the weather breaks so we can work on the porch. Finally, this will be the year we finish! I am telling you that home projects go on and on into careers around here. Did I mention that Jon was stung by a bee on that 70 day we had that sent him to the clinic last night? Bees and wasps are not our friends around here...even in February.

Guess I am bored if I came back here to talk. Who would have thought this antisocial person would need to talk? But I did want to comment on the cocoa. I agree that living without chocolate would not be the worst thing but it would devastate the economy of a third world country. I really thought most of our chocolate came from South America. And I did not know that Hawaii was a big coffee producing state...also thought that came from S.A.

I think keeping track of your spending is pretty smart but I spend so fast I could not remember to write it down! They claim you should track your eating too and that would just be to much work!! I think I stick things in my mouth and not even know it. Funny how my stomach and back side record it though.

So now it is noon and I am really going to head in shower and start my day before it ends!

Comment

Good Afternoon! The sun is shining...finally! The snow looked so pretty this morning clinging to the trees.

​Yesterday was a busy one here at home. I've been working on little projects and getting them crossed off my list. Becca came down for dinner after work. She hasn't been here since Christmas. It was nice.

​This morning after church & SS, we took Blaise to Kathy's. We had lunch out at a new little Chinese restaurant. Just finished making Corky his food for his lunches this week. Think I'll take a little nap, and then start working on the new box of eyeglasses I brought home today from Sandy. Going to play cards at my cousin Karen's house since she's a bit disabled since her foot surgery.

​Good to see you all!

Comment

Working...
              X