No announcement yet.

Thur Feb 15 2018 Good Morning Friends!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thur Feb 15 2018 Good Morning Friends!

Good Morning! Looks like it's going to be another dreary day. Yesterday was a miserable day outside.

​I didn't here to post yesterday. I was busy from the moment I got up. I had to make an XL tray for someone and 5 minutes after I got everything put away, I got another phn call for another tray. LOL! I think I made up 6 trays total. One went to the school for Blaise's Valentines party. I included choc covered strawberries and they LOVED them. One little girl said her grandma makes the best sugar cookies, but mine are better, but shhhhhhh....don't tell her. LOL! Told her my lips were sealed.

​I headed out and made 2 deliveries before heading to have an early lunch with Becca at Applebees. She's doing really well. Happy. She thinks she might have someone to sublet her old apt for the next 3 mos. That is a BIG blessing. Got home and took a little power nap before heading to the school. We had a good time. Made shrimp & broccoli with pasta for dinner. Blaise was so excited, but then he wouldn't eat anymore after 2 bites. He was sent to bed. He likes all those things. I think he had to much junk before dinner. I worked on eyeglasses during the evening.

​This morning was suppose to be Bible study, but Sears is coming to hopefully fix my stove this time. He did call right as we were going out to the bus, and he's going to arrive btw 10-12. At least I have a time frame now. Better than the 8-5 one you get told initially. Not sure what I'll get into today. There is always laundry and cleaning to do and paperwork. Still feel like baking, so may make PB cookies & Choc Chip. We'll see. May try the cream puffs again.

Have a good one all!

Good Morning, got back from our trip Tuesday evening and had Drs. appts. yesterday and after those I came home and unpacked and did some laundry....after that lots of rest as all I brought back with me was a nasty cold was a miserable trip back home...I plan on taking some time to get rested and feeling better...seems I just got over being sick and here I am again, hubby also had a cold while we were there...can you believe it I spent the last day there in bed most of the day hubby even went out and bought food and brought it back to the room...oh well this to shall pass..

Now I really need to go to the store and buy groceries...just the basics for survival...

Could not believe the snow on our car when we got back to the parking lot, about a foot of snow on and around it, WOW was that ever a big change...took hubby a little time to get us out of that...the shuttle guy did shovel in front of the car so we could get out when hubby got the car cleaned off.

Well time to get a shower and hoping to let the steam open up my clogged head..

Good to see jostoy took care of my portion will get with her to see how much I need to send to her..thanks everyone for helping with this, we do enjoy the friendships..
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Wow, Sharon, I never even think of how a car would be after sitting out in the snow at the airport! Good ting the shuttle guys are ready to help. Things I never have to deal with, but realizing just what some of you do...

Glad you are back and had a great trip, but sorry to hear you have a cold.
      Allergies here are in full swing and will not be over for a while. The aisle of allergy meds is pretty much empty!

Our day yesterday was good and filled with goodie bags. Only one child brought a regular Valentine card and that was in a baggie with candy and stickers.
      5 out of the 6 brought goodie bags with lots of candy and little gifts...I really miss the days of bringing a card for everyone and maybe you got a sucker or some conversation hearts...I gave everyone a Walmart plastic bag to take all their other bags home. I received chocolates and a plant. oNe mom made really nice decorated sugar cookies and another bought cookies and another brought each child a cupcake that the grandma had purchased. they were each in a cute decorative container. ONe super nice thing was a little bear for the baby from one chld because the mom wanted to send something he could have.
      By the end of the day everyone was still happy (a big deal on a sugar high day!) and all I had to do was clean up th crumbs and sticky stuff. I actuall y hate the stickers they get because even though I say, Don't open your stickers here, they still manage to doit and then stick them all over the table and other surfaces and waste them.

So today we are having spaghetti and for snack, cheese and crackers and trying to clear the sugar out of their systems.

Comment

Sorry, the dogs started barking and I knew someone was coming in...a bit early, but oh, well.

I hope you all have a good day and get better or stay healthy...and Positive!

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Well I didn't get to return the sweatshirt at Macys. Because they are closing, they won't take or exchange anything. So I guess I'll wear that sucker even if I like my tops longer. E. and I each got a pair of pants cheap. She paid $15 and I paid $12. This was for $48. and $54. Alfred Dunner clothes. We walked out figuring we won a good deal.

Got my 5 gallon buckets yesterday at Lowes, so today I'll be in the garage fixing them for tomato plants later. I plan to screw 1 x 3/4 inch boards to the buckets so my wire rings can be put on to hold the plants up as they grow. Will also need to drill 2 holes on the sides to let excess water out so my roots don't rot.

​Donna, I was able to write the check out and your address. Actually, the address is printed as I have more control in printing.

Hope all enjoy their day.
          Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

good morning

this will be brief.. and I will return later... hubby is getting antsy about going for lunch... he thought it was Valentine's day
            told him he is a day late?. .. so will see you all after bit..

Comment

Good morning.....
              This morning I didn’t wake til 9! E was so surprised, because I seldom sleep that late. But we are getting our rain!
              It’s a steady but quiet rain. We don’t hear it falling. But it looks like a decent amount. The day is quite gray again so the raining will probably continue. The night temp was 50°, and it’ll only be up to 57° today. Will get out a sweater and socks.

Well, I’ve been resting up for 3 days, the cold or allergies, whatever I had, seems to have cleared up. The rain should encourage the wildflowers as Spring approaches. It will be so pretty when they bloom.

Oldest daughter’s MIL passed away, and her SIL called to say they’re having a “calling” on Tues. well, she and her kids can’t afford to go, and her kids have college stuff they need to attend here. She felt bad about it all. Well her in-laws weren’t all that friendly. I told her to have her family send sympathy cards and regrets, and maybe have their own personal day for a memorial for the woman right here when she could. That would help her kids deal with it better, too.
              So that’s settled, then. What in the heck is this “calling”, though. It’s new to me! A funeral? A memorial service?

Welcome back Sharon. I’m sorry you both came home with colds, though.

To all, have a great day.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Oh, did you read/hear that there was a solar flare from the sun? I guess it’s supposed to affect us today. You may experience some interference with communications.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                X