Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Valentines day

for all you lovers.

Needless to say, that leaves me out, and I'm not unhappy about that. I've always been able to jump up and go wherever and whenever I've wanted. No discussing job moves or anything. AND no I'm not lonely living alone.

​Moving on...I'm going to T.H. today to return some vents I bought for the camper, but didn't use. Also want to stop at Lowes and Macys. Our Macys is closing so I guess I'll be getting my Alfred Dunner online from now on.

​It is raining here this morning, but that's O.K. too as it is to be 50 degrees today and 60 tomorrow. Want to get a couple 5 gallon buckets to put my tomato plants in this year. Will build a box to put my cucumber plants in. My EX-GARDEN has been seeded and the grass is coming up pretty well.

When it gets garden planting time, I'll put my tiller and other garden tools out for sale. No more back breaking gardening for me.

​Everyone have a good day and don't forget to get your spouse a gift of love.
    Last edited by jostoy; 02-14-2018, 09:03 AM.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Good morning.
    Happy Valentines Day to each one of you. 💝

Today will be in the very low 60's for us, it looks like, plus the forecast is rain today. It's very grey and cloudy this morning, so maybe that rain really will happen.

No particular plans for today. A hot shower. Stay warm. A bit of laundry (already started). And eat chocolates!
    E brought me roses yesterday.

Now to decide on dinner for tonight. Chicken, or fish patties?

Jostoy, I notice that Alfred Dunner clothing can be found in many clothing catalogs now. Draper & Daimon, Blair, OPT, and Serengeti, for a few.

I've already given up gardening. When we move, I definitely want a balcony space where I can grow a few things in pots.
    But that will be a while.

Time to switch laundry loads, the grab some breakfast. Will be back to read posts later.

Have a great day ❣
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning

yes, Im here early..... got up earlier ,,,did my morning routine... David is sleeping in the recliner...He is feeling much better but sleeps a lot.. he will want to
      go somewhere today..... so he will have to satisfied with the Library and the Car Wash...

Jostoy .. thank you!!!!!!.. the idea for tomato plants in a 5 gal bucket. is that enough root space for regular full sized tomatoes??.. would like to do that rather than the only other place that I have been putting my 2 plants..amazing how 2 or 3 plants makes enough tomatoes for D. to eat and for me to use the Green ones for my jelly.. yes, I use Green tomatoes and Strawberry jello to make a delicious Jelly..

Don't pay much attention to Valentines day around here...but places are decorated in a happy way. . but don't want any candy.. so hard to maintain weight
      and I need to lose a few more lbs... my knees are objecting again..louder this time..

I will be back to read. have a great day..

(Donna, hows the Grease Trays?.let me know when you need some scooped)

Comment

• jostoy
        jostoy commented
        Editing a comment
        Maye, tomato plants don't have a large root system. Cucumber has even smaller roots.

Happy Valentines Day! A rainy but warm one in store for us today. Monday schools were closed because of ice and cold and 2 days later it is raining and 60*....midwest weather is fast changing!

Today will be my first day out driving and hauling groceries. But first I have to start two baskets of laundry. My week is up and evidently my family has been counting the hours because they stopped working and started saving it all for me. Andrew came in with some sort of ivy rash on his arm. Not poison ivy because I recognize that but something from the family. He had been helping his uncle cut firewood last weekend. That boy can catch the stuff by just walking across the street from it. But it isn't the flu and we are thankful for that!!!

I cooked yesterday so am taking the day off and making this a carry out day. I am hoping for Steak and Shake...but the kid may override me for Tacos. Either way I will be happy because I do not have to cook it!!

Jon found out yesterday that the shower is a stress slit that that brand of tub was noted for. 'They' said it would be a two day job to replace. Well, we have discovered that a two day job usually stretches into a week or more job for us. Sooooooo, I am thinking he is looking for professional help. Gotta do what you gotta do but I am sure getting sick of doing what I gotta do and not what I wanna do...you know?

Nothing going on around here worth writing about. Andrew says they voted and are not having a party today at school. I will pick up something for the kids today so he will have a little something. I am hoping Sierra's bf brings her candy because she does not eat it and eventually I end up with it. She got a box of candy from someone for Christmas and it ended up on the coffee table. The girl does not eat sweets and it is lucky for her that her grandma does! And no, I do not like this guy but I will eat his candy because I have no standards when it comes to sweets!

Time to hit the shower and head out of here. Have a great day!!

Comment

Jostoy, I was waiting to see if our Macy's in Redding was staying or closing: so far, so good.
        JoG, I see we receive the same catalogs! My mother asks me to order for her and then I get her catalogs, too...the daycare kids love cutting them up!

Happy Valentine's day. I got a cute Valentine from Joe in MD. He is 6 and it is his handprints connected by a long piece of yarn saying Here is a hug for you. The teacher had a card asking for a picture with the hug...I had Becky take one last night but it looked as tired as I felt. Igot up and fixed up a little more than a usual daycare day and had her take another. Sent that off this morning to the parents and said Do not use last night's photo!

I got a call during the morning yesterday from the tax guy and said my papers were ready, But they close at 5:00! How do working people get there by that time? The clerk said she would wait till 5:15..and all my parents said they could pick up by 4:30, so I was actually off and out the door by 4:20 and got to the office by 4:56! No speeding and no bad traffic, although, seeing the traffic I am again very happy that I don't work out of town.

One parent sent gift bags yesterday knowing there would be a lot of candy and things today. We will see what comes in but the kids really have little understanding of Valentines and think only of the gift bags. I am thinking of how to spread out the sugar!

I hope you all have a good day. I get what I want for myself and treat myself too often as it is. Last night after the race to the tax appointment, I stopped at a fish and chips restaurant near there and bought two dinners to go. That was the reward. It didn't matter the chips were cold by the time I got home, the fish was delicious!

Comment

Paula, that’s a very cute idea for the valentine... hand prints and yarn.

Speaking of gardening pots, have you tried the 3-Sisters method? Based on Native American ingenuity.
          In a pot of dirt, mark the center by pushing your finger in it; then mark a ring about an inch from the edge of the pot; then make a ring evenly between the outside ring and center mark.
          (1) In the center of the pot of dirt, push 3 or 4 corn kernels into the very center and cover with dirt. (2) in the middle ring, plant 4 bean seeds, N-S-E-W, cover seeds with dirt. (3) in the outside ring, plant 4 squash seeds between the beans.
          The corn that grows will be the support pole for the beans. The leaves of the growing squash will protect the roots of all the plants from the sun’s heat. When I tried this, I’d put disposable plates under the squash because our coliche ground got so stinkin’ hot! Also the watermelons. If you have grass, no problem.

Is that a good project for the kids, Paula? They get to eat the veggies when they ripen.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
          X