Good morning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning

Good moring! Its gonna be a good day! Today is the first day in I am not sure when that I woke up feeling almost normal...I think that I fell to sleep a little after 8:30. I don't know if I coughed at all in the night it didn't wake me neither did my stomach.

Mom and dad are going home today...I am going to lunch with friends. Then coming home and resting again....rest and water seem to be the key.

Good Morning! Glad you are feeling more normal Bethina....I know sometimes it feels like you'll never feel good again.

​Yesterday was great....once I found my energy. It was slow moving due to school being delayed 2 hrs. It kind of put a kink in my morning. I finally got started, and iced all the sugar cookies plus put the finishing touches on 3 other kinds of cookies. The only ones I haven't completed are the Java Sticks which need dipped in choc.

​I made & iced a total of 14 1/2 doz ground hog sugar cookies. Would you believe I got an order for 4 more dozen? Mixed up the dough for those plus dough for 7 doz German Choc cookies. Will need to get those both baked & ready by tomorrow afternoon. I baked an Oatmeal Pie for the doctor's office. That was my day. We had leftover soup for dinner and that went over like a lead balloon. Too bad.

​This morning I'm heading into town to the bank, Aldi's and Mary's....need more ground hog eyes. My SIL is going to help clean one house. She hasn't cleaned houses since mid-Dec. She's going to give it a try & see if she's ready to get back in the swing of things. IF she's OK after that house, she's going to meet me at my Mom's to help me put up her new curtains. It's a two person job. Then we are going out for lunch. Then it's home to bake cookies!

​Have a safe, warm, and healthy day!!!!

Comment

Good Morning to all..

Beth glad you are finally feeling human again, I also believe liquids and rest are the key. I know if I could just get rid of all the crap in my lungs I would feel better also, so tired of all the coughing, but don't want to suppress the cough..

Donna so happy that the cookie business is still going strong for you, continue to stay as busy as possible because when you get older you most certainly do slow down...or I sure have, use to be a whole lot faster getting things done...

Elaine wondering how John is doing and you...you certainly need to take care of you also.

Jostoy so sorry that you have not been able to get a date for surgery, having back problems is not good and you sure give yours a workout..

Maye, JoG, Paula, sassygirl(haven't seen for awhile), Maxie, and so many others, hope to see what is going on with all of you and even those lurky lou's.

Have to head out the door to get my finger poke today and stop somewhere and get a haircut, after this haircut all the color and such should be gone, should be all my natural hair again... (will see how long that last, I happen to love the highlights) Very windy and cold out there right now, but they say it is suppose to be in the 40's, of course they have been wrong before...Have a great day one and all, I appreciate all of you and will miss having this board if it should go down, don't know who Dave is...
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Morning..missed the Blue Moon with the clouds this morning...not that I was going to go stand outside in the cold and look.

I have no idea what I am going to do today. Lots I could do. Was on a roll yesterday then got a phone call from the cardiologist and that stopped my rhythm. Have an appointment with him tomorrow afternoon and not looking forward to it. Pretty sure he would not have called to see me if everything was hunky dory. Always something but I am trying to keep a cheery outlook. Can't change things anyway and I am tired of being depressed with this winter crap. Bitter cold is back in the forecast for later this week with that four letter word..snow.

Glad you are feeling better Beth and Sharon hope you get some relief soon. You can certainly squeeze a lot out of a burst of energy Cookie! I bought the ingredients for the pistachio cookies yesterday now wonder how long it will take me to actually mix them up let alone bake! Could be my next winter project.

Jon left late this morning and Sierra early. Only meat I found was pork steaks and I am tired of pork so I need to root around the deep freeze. Looks like Andrew will not be coming on Thursdays and Fridays for a while so since my cooking week is cut short I should do a better job. Blues won again last night...I would love to see one more game this season. Something about being in the arena and paying to freeze your nose and toes. Same feeling as sitting in the stands at a ball game and paying to get a sunburn!

Take care all...I would really miss coming here mornings. It is amazing how strangers can come together and be such good friends...without most of us ever meeting. I am really thankful Tinker brought me here at a time when I needed a place to go. Have a great day everyone and get well soon to those still ailing.

Comment

I know how you feel, maxie. I am so thankful Pat brought me here.

It should get up into the 60's today. I feel a little guilty saying that when I know the rest of you need some warm weather and sunshine.
          It has been a hectic morning with a dog with a cough (kind of sounds like he has something in his throat) and getting medicine down him...but he is quiet now and I have a few minutes to read here and then get the daycare opened up.

We went outside twice yesterday and will be out as much as we can once it warms up today. they need the sun and the run!

I made my shopping list for the two funerals and will go to the store after Becky gets home tonight at 6;30. I have changed my mind so many times about the main dish for Friday's funeral.

Have a good day and don't let the clouds get you down!

Comment

Good morning.
            I did get up in time to see the eclipse, but there was nothing to see! Didn't see stars either, so maybe there was some cloud cover. More likely, though, as E told me yesterday....the eclipse would be close to the horizon, therefore blocked by the mountains. So I just went back to bed. Well, I've seen a blood moon eclipse a very long time ago.... And this blue moon should have also been a blood moon.

It's 43° outside right now, going up to 80°. And my brother told me they just got 5" of snow in Michigan! Unbelievable.

Beth, am glad you're feeling better. Sharon, I he that coughing stops soon. Hope everyone else continues to stay well.

Cookie, I'm amazed at your energy. All you manage to do and still get tons of baking & decorating done.

The RT has been my go-to place for so long. Friends indeed for so long, the caring and compassion that we share.
            Oh, I found an old photo from 2006, of the RoundUp at Jackie's. It is a bit faded now, but a nice reminder of the fun we had there. And am looking for the pics from Elaine's RoundUp now. That was also a lot of fun, and my first taste of catfish that her neighbor friends cooked up for us. So yummy.

Well, time to get my day started.
            It's amazing how much we have collected in 4 decades, and how much our Goodwill is benefitting. 😱

Have a great day. ☀️
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine..I miss the Eclipse...

I been working on a "NEW" project...I went on line to buy Frost Shield for your windshield cover...

I saw the price..and say to my self...I can make it..I need some ideas...Do i use oil cloth,Canves,waterproof...
              Easy to make..I like to use Heavy duty Elastic..And store too.

I am not paying there price.....Enjoy this nice weather....

Comment

No jostoy readings yesterday, will watch today.
                Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Working...
                X