Good Morning! It's Thursday already.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning! It's Thursday already.

Morning all! It's snowing out there & it's so pretty.

​Stupid computer...had a bunch typed & it went crazy on me.

​Baked a couple pies & then headed into town to deliver one of them, then onto Aldi's. How is it you are only going in for a few items and end up with 5 bags worth? After getting them hauled in and put away, I started baking off the sugar cookie dough. Made 12 1/2 doz Ground Hogs and the rest Valentines. Not as many of those.

Blaise requested Orange Ck for dinner. Funny thing....he doesn't want the sauce on his, so it's not really orange ck. It was good though. I enjoyed it.

​This morning is Bible study. Then home to bake off some more cookie dough. I'm restocking my freezer, so that if someone calls, they'll be getting fresher stuff. Plus my variety was getting low. I'm not really in the mood to bake, but I need to. I need to get started on my tax stuff soon.

Have a good one all!
    Last edited by cookielady; 01-25-2018, 08:36 AM.

Morning..flying through heading to the mall. All ready to go and the sun is shining. Cookie...60 for the predicted high here today!

Comment

good morning ,, and with high hopes this will post... could not get in yesterday..something about my reply did not suit .
      and my computer was having a mini fit too.. soo... We don't appreciate our brain until little pieces of it shut down..

sometimes I set here at the computer and wonder how to do a move that I have done thousands of times.. this is one of the things I am hating about this aging process...

made an invented beef, vegetable soup yesterday.... left out the cabbage. added some macaroni,(mistake) with the potatoes and veggies..... used a good piece of Chuck roast. cooked ( simmered ) with onion ,celery,and beef broth first, for couple of hours. the macaroni was a mistake because it absorbed the broth..and i did not have another container of beef broth to add... so added home made tomato juice... more seasonings.... taste delicious... hey, I tried...DAvid liked it.. . will have it for lunch again today...with salad and fruit..

hope to stay in today.. cold ,wintry, little snow flakes in the air.. yck ,I HATE WINTER.

be back to read ,, hope this post.

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone.

30 headed for 60 today. Dr. appt yesterday. First day John has been out of the house in a week. Felt good to look at the sunshine.

It's all about soup here at night for John. Clam chowder, Shrimp bisque, Ham/potato, Chicken noodle. Have to make it all from scratch, but it's kind of fun experimenting.
        Don't have much success with anything with meat in it. He likes the flavor but leaves the meat behind. ????

Well, home nurse this morning, and then I'm off to the market.

Nice to be back here. Feels normal.

Hugs to Everyone.

Comment

All the soups sound delicious!
          It is cold right now and will only get up to the high 40's. Yesterday was the same with wind and rain. Today there wont be as much wind, but basically the same weather as yesterday. Ugh. I let the kids make a fort and keep it up for all the play time since we could not go outside.

Today I have hot cocoa ready for them and pancakes. And I think I will make a soup with the leftover ham I have. The kids want turkey sandwiches and soup...putting noodles in any soup will pretty much insure they eat it.

Not a lot going on around here. My schedule is changing along with Becky's as her internship schedule is altering the times she gets home and the times I can have the car for appointments, etc. As soon as she graduates and gets a car (gets a job first!), I will have my own car back full time.
          It is a country road most of the way to Chico and not an easy drive in the dark and the storms...so my car is the best and only option right now. It just means that I either go to the store after 7:00pm a few nights a week or I do al lthe shopping on the weekend and I am still figuring out how much milk we really need. It is more than I bought last weekend! I just didn't want to go out in the rain and wind last night so I will definitely have to go tonight as soon as she gets home.

I will get moving and check back later to see what all of you are doing.
          So glad we were able to check in this morning!

Comment

I am among the living...

Comment

Good morning.
              I certainly slept late this morning! But was awake and up for a while in the middle of the night.
              It’s 48° going to 77° today. Nice! (Tomorrow will be only 63°, though, according to the forecast.). Seems maybe spring is on its way here?

So, nothing much new is going on here. Didn’t accomplish much yesterday, except finishing up the laundry, so today it’ll be back to the grind of discarding stuff. Have boxes full to give to the kids, with what they want. Bags full for Goodwill. Trash cans get full too fast.

Speaking of signs of aging, Maye.....we enjoy watching Jeopardy, but there was a time we knew a lot more of the answers than we can pull out of our brains these days. Then there’s waking at night. I need tools in the kitchen drawer because my hands are too weak to work stuff now. I’m giving E lots of encouragement with his bad arm.....he knows he won’t have full use of it again. But his exercises help strengthen it, but improvements bit by bit. I reminded him that my hairdresser took 2 years to get to where nobody notices her bad arm, and yes she has to lift it with her other hand to do some of the hair cutting....but nobody actually notices that, the way she does it. Plus, he’s overcome most of the pain in moving his arm, now. So he tells me that according to the SS chart, he’s only got 8.6 years left to live. I told him I hope that it won’t happen on my birthday...so he figured it out to the date. So I misceviously and quietly asked if it’s too soon for me to start advertising for another companion? That really cracked him up. He laughed quite a bit over that one. (Okay, we both have an odd sense of humor, when in truth we are very, very close.).

Well, I finished my breakfast, so I need to get dressed and get busy. Much to do. And we both have slowed down in getting things done.

Have a good day, everyone. 🤗.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning to all...off to a slow start today, had breakfast mixed up cookie dough, now sat down to see if I could post anything here...I did say something to Paula yesterday on facebook, I didn't put roundersonline.org on her page because I didn't want others to see it, someone did however think I was trying to wrong address and put the real one there so I deleted my post... I don't want to world to know where we are like being able to share with you..

My life has become one big Dr. visit, my hubby laughs because the Drs. and nurses all call me by my first name.. so tired of the weekly finger poke but I am not a candidate for any other blood thinner but warfarin for now, its the only one they can control what my blood levels are..trying to keep it on the high side hoping the blood clot in my heart dissolves..but dang I sure bleed plenty when giving blood or having an IV put in.

Well enough of the down news, oh that's right its the only kind I have... Going to go bake some chocolate chip cookies...have a good day.
                Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Hi Sharon....
                  All the medical staff in the clinic I go to at the Cancer Center know me by name, or at least by face. I get lots of hugs there, too. My main doctor there is out of the country right now (for a while), but his assistant/Head-nurse will be seeing me in about a week. She’s the one who does really good bone marrow biopsies. I think she works in 2 or 3 clinics.
                  I felt the way you do, when I had 1-2 doctor appts every week. It just wears you out, though, doesn’t it?
                  It sure did for me!
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning all.

​Well the legs are back to working like they are suppose to. The Dr. was running ahead of time this morning. I got there 30 minutes before schedule, and my butt never hit 1 seat. He hadn't fed the "bees" any miricleagrow today The "bee sting" didn't even hurt today, but I sure felt the meds go into the spine. He must have given me a double dose.

Have laundry going right now so will just wish you all a good day.

Because more and more Seniors are texting, there appears to be a need for an STC (Senior Texting Code.)

ATD - At The Doctor's
                    BFF - Best Friend Fell
                    BTW - Bring The Wheelchair
                    BYOT - Bring Your Own Teeth
                    CBM - Covered By Medicare
                    CUATSC - See You At The Senior Center
                    DWI - Driving While Incontinent
                    FWBB - Friend With Beta Blockers
                    FWIW - Forgot Where I Was
                    FYI - Found Your Insulin
                    GGPBL - Gotta Go, Pacemaker Battery Low
                    GHA - Got Heartburn Again
                    IMHO - Is My Hearing-Aid On?
                    LMDO - Laughing My Dentures Out
                    LOL - Living On Lipitor
                    OMMR - On My Massage Recliner
                    OMSG - Oh My! Sorry, Gas.
                    ROFL - CGU - Rolling On The Floor Laughing… And Can't Get Up
                    TTYL - Talk To You Louder
                    WAITT - Who Am I Talking To?
                    WTP - Where's The Prunes?
                    WWNO - Walker Wheels Need Oil
                    GGLKI - Gotta Go, Laxative Kicking In

Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Working...
                    X