Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday ~ January 22

Good Morning, Everyone.

So sorry that I have been AWOL. John and I were both diagnosed with flu last Monday. His case was much worse; in fact, doctor set up home health to monitor him for pneumonia.

It has been so crazy here. I won't go into detail about how many trips I have to make to 2 pharmacies to get his drugs.

So last night a tornado rolled through the area, and a broadcaster who most of us watch said that there was a tornado on the ground at Winfield. Well, that generated a ton of texts and calls about 10:30
    last night. We are about 3 miles from Winfield, but at that time we had had no rain or wind. Rain began later, but certainly no tornado activity. Anyway, it was stressful and sort of nice.

No news to report. Just trying to keep upright around here.

Hugs to Everyone.

Oh, my goodness, Elaine! First of all, thankful your doctor is watching our for you guys!
    Secondly, So thankful no tornado for you, but grateful for all those texting and remembering you!!!

It is raining now and was last night when I had a meeting. I rode with two friends and the one driving had no worries about driving in the rain. So we were good. I got home right abut 9:00pm and went to bed.
    This morning is the first day of the semester and a 4:30 wake up day!

I woke up to a text that a family friend was put on hospice care and wants me and another friend to sing at her funeral. I think after Jamie and I decide what we want to sing, we will give Vickie a choice and let her decide. We can sing a few for her now and have a visit.

Hope you all have a good day and those who are sick, prayers for you!!!

Comment

Good Morning, looks like a rain brewing outside, calls for some thunderstorms, so weird all the nasty wind, cold and snow we had now the rain comes and all the snow is gone...supposed to be in high 50's today, this time last week in the minus temps..

Elaine my gosh I am so, so sorry for all that you and John have endured and continue to endure, my prayers with you both...its hard to fight off anything when your system has no immunities to things. Even hubby and I aren't touching, kissing, using same remotes, etc. lots of Clorox wipes being used. Each week I go for my INNR poke I wear a mask and use my hand sanitizer...

Paula so sorry to hear about your friend how sweet that she ask for you and a friend to sing, I love the idea that you can sing to her before the funeral that will be a nice visit...

I still have no plans for today, maybe a little bit of dusting and cleaning bathrooms, whatever my mojo will allow... and also figure out something for supper...still have the nasty congestion in my lungs but not coughing as much, I think I might be on my way to getting better...

Have a really great day one and all...Elaine love, hugs and prayers to you and John...
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Elaine, sorry to hear of you and Jon having the flu. I'm sure with Jon's condition, his immune system is very low. Good thing you have a concerned Dr.

Paula, I have always wished that I could sing. I think everyone who can is very blessed. Maybe "in the next life" I'll get to sing.

Rain here today, so no raining around for me.
        Mail Check
        man was in his front yard mowing grass when his attractive, but blonde female neighbour came out of the house and went straight to the mailbox. She opened it then slammed it shut and stormed back into the house.

A little later she came out of her house again went to the mailbox and again opened it, and again slammed it shut. Angrily, back into the house she went. As the man was getting ready to edge the lawn, here she came out again, marched to the mail box, opened it and then slammed it closed harder than ever.

Puzzled by her actions the man asked her, "Is something wrong?" To which she replied, "There certainly is!" My stupid computer keeps saying', "YOU'VE GOT MAIL."

​Sharon, looks like I had same thoughts as you in my post. I had to stop and answer a call from my Dr. or otherwise I'd have beaten you in posting.
        Last edited by jostoy; 01-22-2018, 09:52 AM.
        Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning.
          That 90% chance of rain we had the other day? There was only a light evening drizzle for an hour, and maybe another light drizzle in the wee hours after that. But E checked the rain gauge, and it was an unmeasurable amount. That was a letdown. Last night we had a freeze warning, but nothing froze. But it’s only 38° right now. Our high temps will be in the 60’s for a couple more days before it returns to the 70’s. Well, that’s our forecast, anyway. One never knows what Mother Nature has up her sleeve any more.

Elaine, sorry to hear you and John have been sick with the flu. But glad to hear your doctor is on top of things for you. I agree with Jostoy that especially John probably has a lowered immune system. Actually, as we age, our immune system weakens.....I read about it online the other day. We do need to keep up our proteins, fruits & veggies, and plenty of rest.
          OH, and I’m so glad that tornado missed you. That was too close, even at 3 miles away.

That reminds me, I’ve been asking my Michigan family/friends about the meteor that hit there recently. One friend said they weren’t hit by a meteor, they were hit by the sonic boom. Huh? She also told me I had the location wrong, it was another city near there, and nobody found anything. Huh? She doesn’t know the difference between airwaves and solid matter? I used to think she was smart, but she’s full of misinformation on many things these days. And yes, some people did find meteor shards and bits where I originally heard where the thing hit. My brother confirmed that news, but meteor hunters were traipsing all over peoples’ private properties in their hunt, and residents were calling the police about that.

Paula, so sorry to hear about your friend. How nice of you and another friend to sing for her. I’ve never been to a funeral where anyone actually sang. Some do play music (organ, piano, or recorded), very softly.

Sharon, keep doing what you’re doing, and get well.

Well, again I didn’t get a full night’s sleep. Just 5 hours. Again. It’ll be a long day, but maybe I can slip in a nap.

I can put laundry off another day. Today I’ll be sorting which dishes I’ll keep, and pack the rest to give away.
          Today I have a taste for cornbread with honey-butter. I need to see what meats might be in the freezer to go with it.

Hope you all have a good day. 🤗
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Guess it is afternoon now. Had half the test done this morning and the other rescheduled for next Monday when they will complete the first test. Lots of frustration and I do not appreciated having an iv set only to have to do it over next week. Oh well, it is what it is and that is it. So now I am home doing laundry and having to plan supper. Since I am so crabby I think I will call my sister and share my aggravation. We always agree with each other and then end up laughing.

Elaine how scary to have tornado warnings...we received an inch on rain last night according to the rain gauge and could have storms later today. Temps are in the 60s and the sun has come out...Scott sent a thingy on fb about weather in the mid west..go out in your shorts mornings and finish the day shoveling snow. Sorry to hear both you and John have had the flu. It is really mean this year!

Nothing new around here but me being frustrated which appears to be a daily occurrence. I wonder how many steps I walk in a day just picking up after other people who live in this house? Jon hung pictures and the clock, finally, yesterday and this morning I hauled down the hammer!

Just saw that the government shut down is over. I am so sick of this partisan crap...the entire bunch of politicians in Washington has forgotten that it is country first. I could go on but you all know my politics...I make it no secret. Taped my soapie this morning so will watch and probably fast forward through the junk...which is 98% of it anymore. Boy I am in a bad mood when I can find fault with everything including a soap opera! Could be a long evening for my family..oh oh!

Comment

• jostoy
              jostoy commented
              Editing a comment
              Maxie, I agree with you. It doesn't matter who is president or who has majority in H. of R. or S. They are in office for the people...not for themselves. Maybe on all government shut downs, they should loose their pay as well, and still have to work like our military and first responders.

Now someone else can use the "soap-box".
          Working...
          X