Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday, January 21st

Good morning.
    It got to freezing last night, and it’s still in the low 30’s right now, and only going to 56° today.
    A good day for hot comfort foods.

Nothing new going on. We’re still going through stuff. What doesn’t go to Goodwill is getting trashed. This isn’t easy. So many memories attached to stuff. That just slows me down. I ask “do we REALLY need this???”, and make the hard decisions.

So, on to breakfast, and on to getting stuff done here.

Hope you all have a great day! 🤗
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Good Morning, a foggy morning here, but it is a heat wave at 40 degrees.

JoG I have ask that question each time we made a move, "do I really need this"? You can't keep everything that has a memory attached because it only means something to you and will just be something someone has to get rid of after you are gone..

Still not feeling the greatest, a lot of chest congestion and a nasty cough, and will say by the color of what I am coughing up I need to go see a Dr. which I will this coming week if I can get in...I also have COPD and a weak immune system from two meds I take that suppress the immune system. I put off taking antibiotics as much as I can because it puts my Crohns in full attack mode and 'Depends' are my best friend, that and Vaseline, LOL....TMI....sorry...

Hubby will be going to the store again today, I am staying away from crowds, think it was going to the funeral that got me this nasty crud...

Needed comfort food this morning so I made biscuits, gravy, sausage, ham and eggs...couldn't eat much but hubby enjoyed it...my ribbies are hurting pretty bad from coughing..

Well off to lather up with Vicks and turn on the heating pad....Have a great day one and all...
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Please take care of yourself and do see the doctor. Been hearing of so much pneumonia resulting from this stuff so take care and get plenty of rest.

• bethina
      bethina commented
      Editing a comment
      Please take care of your self...My daddy started with a cold....Turned into pnemonia and got to spend 3 and a half days in the hospital.

Positively ugly day out there but warm. Guess that is something..snow and ice have turned into mud and the front entry proves that. Need to wash rugs and mop floors. Sierra and I are the only ones who use the front door and we cut through the yard instead of following the sidewalk so I have to blame myself for the extra work.

Jo when I moved the last time I did it so wrong. Moved entirely to much stuff and we are still throwing out things. A couple of weeks ago Jon trashed a bunch of pots and pans that had not left a box. When I moved the first time it wasn't just my physical address that changed but my life style. With that move I did less in the yard and the house was smaller. It is hard to explain but your life style changes and a lot of the things you bring are not part of the new life you are making. Moving here Jon wanted my furniture and it was nice to have a 'set' of dishes and some pretties around but other than that I should have packed a suitcase, loaded the furniture he wanted and left. The china is packed away for Sierra but who knows if she will ever want it. I do not miss anything left behind or thrown out today but I sure wanted to take it all with me! Moving is so hard and I hope to never do it again!!

Not seeing anything that will use energy on the list for today. Could iron and then that mopping but that is not looking to good right now. Energy is in short supply around here. Have a wonderful Sunday !!

Comment

Good morning! It is 8:11 PST and I am dressed for church and hair done and I have more than 2 hours before we even leave. I also have soup simmering on the stove for later.

I have china and silver that I am realizing no one will want. I have offered it to them now if they wanted it, but it just isn't their lifestyle. I think I may take the silver to the shop here that buys estate jewelry and see if they will buy it. I gave a full set of Paula Deen red pots and pans away just a couple of weeks ago. I heard someone say they were moving and neither she nor her roommate had any. I offered and her uncle came by and picked up the box along with a red tea pot. I also gave away a large Le Cruset skillet that was just too heavy for me to use. My friend was excited. I remember when I just had to have the Le Cruset set and never used it like I thought I would.
      Two friends are doing yard sales for good causes soon. One is for a neighbor who has cancer and the other is for a small private school here. Not too pricey, but the yard sales fund their field trips. I have glass pitchers, lead crystal vases and other items that do not get used or set out.
      But letting go is not an easy task for me.

The weather yesterday was the exact opposite of the previous Saturday going to the airport: Fantastic! Clear skies and sunny, all the way! About the halfway mark I was a huge formation of geese flying north! I wish I could have pulled over to really watch, but I kept stealing glances. It was just so beautiful. almost made me cry! There is a bird and wildlife preserve in the area and we always see lots of birds around there, but these were high up and had been flying. Whenever they fly over Red Bluff people will post or I hear them honking and run out to look.

Sharon, I agree with the advice yesterday: watch that congestion and make sure you do not go into pneumonia. Take care! Your breakfast made me want to drop in.

Ok, I better get moving. It is now 8:35 and I have been back and forth with this and other messages that are coming in. I finally got a picture of my Md grandsons wearing the matching ties I gave them for Christmas.

Have a good day, Everyone. Hope your sun shines and your day is as wonderful as you are!

Comment

Good morning...I didn't do a single thing yesterday didn't even eat until 4. Today I have atleast had some food. I made a cheese qusadilla and I have a pan of brownies in the oven!

Plan for the afternoon reading and maybe laundry

Comment

Afternoon all! It's STILL foggy around here. My Mom just backed out of playing cards tonight because she didn't want to chance having to drive in the fog or having me come get her & drive in the fog on back roads.

​Yesterday just kind of slipped by. Didn't get home until 3pm from the church. We prepared for 75 people for the dinner after the funeral, and only about 50 stayed, but man were they big eaters. I really wasn't needed there. That committee of people know what needs done & just motors along. Just none of them wanted to be "boss" and that what I was. I only made one executive decision about the cold drinks.

​I had planned on working on the eyeglasses during the evening, but time slipped away there too, and Becca called around 9:30pm and we talked an hour. It was her first night staying at the house, and she was a bit rattled. I just kept chatting and she eventually calmed down and was laughing. She's been living alone for 2 yrs now, but there was always someone in the apts around her.

​This morning we went to church & SS. Kathy called during SS and ask if we could bring Blaise down for the afternoon, so that's what we did. Now I'm going to spend the afternoon cooking. Corky's food for his lunches and the casserole I'm taking for cards tonight. We are going to my SIL place again this week, since she hasn't been driving yet. Today the girls go back to college, so she won't have the around to be with her. If she needs someone, we'll be there for her/them.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• Paula A
            Paula A commented
            Editing a comment
            I must have missed the post that Becca got the house! Tell her congratulations and I hope there are a few photos posted somewhere to see it.

Good afternoon everyone.

​Went to S.S. and Church this morning. Then stopped E.'s house to give her a folder. She has either a cold or the flu. She had planned on going to Acute Care in the morning, but her son wants her to take him to Vincennes in the morning to look for a truck. He totaled his Friday night. I can't say anything, but this son is so inconciderate of his mother. He knows she is to meet with a Dr. in Champaign Wed. and needs to make that appt. And yet he asks her to ignore her health so he can go look for a truck.

​OK, enough of using the soap box, but this is the only place "we" can vent and get it off our chests.

Only thing I'm doing this afternoon is watch a play-off game. Then it will be Church tonight.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

The Ten Commandments

A Sunday school teacher was discussing the Ten Commandments with her five and six year olds. After explaining the commandment to "honor thy Father and thy mother," she asked, "is there a commandment that teaches us how to treat our brothers and sisters?"

Without missing a beat one little boy (the oldest of a family) answered, "Thou shall not kill."

Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Great, Jostoy! Thanks for the first big belly laugh I’ve had in some time! 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Stupid Kurig machine! It’s gotten to the point where the k-cup holder in it needs to be cleaned every time I make mocha.
              The stuff clogs it. The only k-cup it accepts is the coffee ones. E is going to clean out the cuisine art coffee brewer real good and see if it works better. I’m surprised we still have that one, and wonder why he wanted a Kurig pot anyway. But I won’t ask. It may lead to a bit of friction. And it’s not that important anyway.
              But making the mocha in it, I have to remove the cup after it’s pushed 1-2 oz of water through, lower the handle, reopen it and replace the drippy k-cup, lower the handle, reset the water to 2 oz less, and restart. I may have to repeat it a second time. Now the counter by the pot has a mess to clean up.
              Later I will open the mocha K-cup and pour the mixture into my cup, then just add water.....and see if it works better. The mocha k-cup is supposed to be totally empty after it’s brewed anyway.
              Ain’t technology great? NOT!
              *sigh*
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• jostoy
                jostoy commented
                Editing a comment
                You know, JoG, I keep looking at the Kurig pot in the store, but these voices in my head keep telling me NO NO.

Yeah, Jostoy. I think your voices are absolutely right. I found that making tea in the K thing, my tea may have a hint of coffee taste to it. If E forgets to remove his coffee pod, I have to run some clear water through the brewer once or twice so my teas won’t be altered. I use teabags, not tea pods, because I don’t like strong tea. (I find I wish I had my water kettle back.)
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
              X