1/15/18

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/15/18

Good morning...I think that I am finally feeling halfway normal!! I just read on facebook that another coworker is down with a fever! I hope she doesn't come to come work with with it...I just found out that I am going to Florida again in October...I am already counting days! That vacation last year was a favorite of my adult years...Also taking a mini vacation to Kansas City MO in June or July.

Today is a sale day at work. I am hoping the cold weather slows it down just a little bit but I don't know if it will.

Good morning.
    Nothing special happening here today. Except E has a followup appointment with his surgeon who “fixed” his shoulder. He’s doing good, continues with his exercises. He asked the neighbors son to help with the yard work that he can’t do by himself any more. Unfortunately he will never gain full use of that arm, but he can strengthen it enough to not be totally helpless. He does well enough, and at least knows when he needs to ask for help.

Otherwise it’s just another day around here. It’ll be sunny and warm today, but temps will be noticeably dropping again starting tomorrow. Crazy weather.

Beth, I hope the coworker keeps her germs away from everyone at work. Those vacations are something really nice to look forward to!

Everyone, stay warm and well. 🤗. Have a good day.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning! I know of only two kids that wont be here today and one school boy who for sure will...Schools and the state are off today but doctor's offices and those who work from home (my 2 year old girl who is always here!), will be here. I don' teven care that much. We are having a sunny day and the daycare agency people all have the day off, so I can give the kids chips with their hot dogs and whole milk and not worry about a check. I am due for a food check this month or next. it used to be in January like clock work but the state figured out providers were able to figure out when our unannounced visits would be...I know there are some who probably don't feed the kids by the state's standards, but the state is getting harder and harder, regulating like crazy.

My mom is having a good time in Florida. My brother sent a photo of her walking around some pond by their house and you could see a medium sized alligator on the bank across from where she was standing. Of course, my mom just loves a photo like that.

I hope you all have some sunshine on your shoulders and a song in your heart (now I have that John Denver song in my mind!)

Comment

• jostoy
        jostoy commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh my, Paula, I hope that "man-eater" stayed put. I hear those things can really move fast.

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        He was sunning himself but where there is water in Fl there are alligators! My brother runs during his lunch break and he says when you see runners stop and then turn around you know there is a gator on the path!
        And he works at Cape Canaveral with NASA!
        Space age mixed with prehistoric!

Good morning.

​Staying in again today. Snowing again. The temp isn't bad at 23 though, or at least that is what the W.W. say it is to be today.

​I went to Church yesterday, but took the highway, which had me on icey roads for about 2 1/2 miles. It started snowing last evening, which is what W.W. predicted, so I stayed home because snow on top of ice is even slicker.

Everyone have a good day.

Your kids are becoming you.....

~Going out is good.. Coming home is better!
      You forget names.... But it's OK because other people forgot they even knew you!!!
      ~You realize you're never going to be really good at anything.
      ~The things you used to care to do, you no longer care to do, but you really do care that you don't care to do them anymore.
      ~You sleep better on a lounge chair with the TV blaring than in bed. It's called "pre-sleep".
      ~You miss the days when everything worked with just an "ON" and "OFF" switch.
      ~You tend to use more 4 letter words .. "what?"..."when?".... "what?" . ???
      ~Now that you can afford expensive jewelry, it's not safe to wear it anywhere.
      ~You notice everything they sell in stores is "sleeveless"?!
      ~What used to be freckles are now liver spots.
      ~Everybody whispers.
      ~You have 3 sizes of clothes in your closet.... 2 of which you will never wear.
      ~But Old is good in some things: Old Songs, Old movies, and best of all, OLD FRIENDS!

Stay well, "OLD FRIEND!"
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Snowy cold morning here, 18 degrees right now, I have no plan of going anywhere, I canceled my CT lung scan for tomorrow, I have a nasty cold and the pulmonary Dr. would think of all kinds of ways to test and get more money out of me for a common cold that includes chest congestion...I will stay in my fuzzy pj's and socks covered with my heated throw and my Vick's rubbed all over my chest... now isn't that a pretty sight?

I have pinto beans in my pressure cooker and just now waiting for them to cool and will transfer them to the slow cooker where the ham awaits to be meld together..soup beans, fried potatoes and onions, and cornbread...now that is comfort food..

Paula I like children but I could never ever be a childcare provider, I admire you the courage. And just got to love those 'surprise' visits, I remember when working in beauty salon we got them also...

Hubby is at the office so its peace and quiet for now.

Jostoy yes please stay at home at our ages we don't need any broken bones.
        JoG, hope hubby's appt. goes well.
        Sure miss Maye around here, she needs her settings fixed and cache cleaned out...we don't have help here anymore so guess we all best get used to using Facebook as a private forum...

Have a good day one and all, stay warm and safe.
        Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

A cold and snowy morning. Not much snow but everything is white and the temps are going to drop down to a wind chill of 14 to 25 below zero tomorrow morning. Will this winter ever end? Another week of cold predicted!

The house stayed so clean and picked up this weekend since no one was really here but me and others in and out. The dishwasher has not even been run! But today it is back to laundry and, since I have a 3:00 doctor appointment back home and there is no Andrew, it will be an eat out day...for whoever drives me on these slick roads. You cannot cancel these appointments anymore since it takes so long to get them and then if you cancel without so much notice you are charged regardless. Besides this is with the cardiologist so I will face the roads to get there. Have I ever expressed my opinion of winter? That it sucks!

Oh Beth, I love planning a vacation in the winter...gives you something to look forward to. Last year we were all caught up in the Disney trip but this year we have nothing planned. Planning is just as much fun as the actual going. I envy you! JoGee having to give up doing what you have always done is hard. I was so ready to give up the yard work! And it was something I loved for many years. There just comes a time when you know it is over. Paula, obviously day care is a lot more than babysitting! Plus you have to have the patience of a saint to handle those little peoples and their parents every day. Not a job I could handle on top of the bureaucracy!

So time to start the day. The laundry was taken down all weekend so it should be pretty piled up by now since I know no one thought to start a load but at least baskets were carried down. Getting them to carry down a full basket is a big stride! Now to get them put a dirty dish in the dishwasher instead of piling it in the sink...but sink piling is better than leaving it where you ate.

Stay warm everyone and just saw a new's brief on the flu so take care of yourselves. Use those sanitizing wipes provided in stores!

Comment

Hello everyone! The sun is shining, but it is still frigid out there.

​Yesterday was nice. After church & a quick stop at Giant Eagle, we came home and I got a veggie & dip plate ready to go to my brother Tom's. We ate & watched the Steeler game together. Came home & took a nap.

​Today Blaise was off school due to MLK day. Puttered around all morning. Got a call from the restaurant for a few pies & a carrot cake. Went to get the cream cheese out of the refrig out on the porch, and it was frozen solid. Found one block that wasn't & use it to make the frosting for the cake.

​We dropped the desserts off, and then headed to town. Blaise picked McD's for lunch, then we went to Giant Eagle to coupon shop. I didn't do that yesterday because the guys were out in the car waiting on me, but they had a special sale on meats and it was going to be over after yesterday. Not sure what I'm going to do with the rest of my day. I feel like a nap. We'll see.

Comment

Working...
            X