X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday, January 14

Good morning.
    Where is everyone?
    Just saying “hi”. Nothing much going on here. A sunny day today.
    Hope you have a great day. Stay warm, and be well.
    🤗
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Good Morning a very frigid cold morning here...but I do see the sun trying to peak out. I have a nasty cold, usually stay very vigilant with the hand sanitizer, etc. but at the funeral so many hugs, people sneezing and coughing that I have a nasty cold now also...haven't slept much the past two nights, the hubby has been tossing and turning, etc. and wakes me from a sound sleep which for me is like giving me caffeine...I should just get up and go to another room but my humidifier, heating blanket, tissues everything are right there in the room...wish he would go to another room, I suggested it and he just got his dander up, LOL...

I did get my soup canned yesterday and called my friend over to come and get theirs, her hubby loves my veggie soup, warned her I had a cold, she kept her distance and I kept my sneezes and coughs covered...I have nothing planned today except sitting on the couch with all my 'needs' beside me and find some movies on Netflix to watch...hope that I can catch a nap, my head is so congested...hubby went to our sons house to help with putting the walls up in his pole barn....

Hope everyone is safe and doing well....
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

I have just woken up for first time today..y cold is still around with ear pain. Will have another quiet day. Trying to decide right now what sounds good food wise. I am thinking an egg sandwich or a couple grilled cheese sandwiches

Comment

No sickness here but not sleeping much either...the ole family curse. It seems to be worse for some reason this last week and you would think everyone would snuggle in and sleep.

Still very cold with a high of 20 today and flurries that may or may not accumulate today and then snow again tomorrow. Hope nothing accumulates since I have an appointment with the cardiologist tomorrow. The old heart will really be pumping if I have to fight bad roads! Jon is off tomorrow and Andrew has no school since it is MLK day so I can con him into driving if I promise a meal at one of the two new restaurants. This family is so easily bought with a promise of food!

Must be the middle of winter when all you can talk about is the temp and the only thing of interest is the weather report. Things are so boring around here and I am not complaining but a little something to stimulate would be nice. The only time I go out is to get groceries!

I am with Sharon about curling up with the tv today. No hockey this weekend and I miss that but Hallmark should have movies on. Again tying to stay away from the news. Certainly do not need that adding to my depression and what does leak through is bad enough to hear. Those poor people in Hawaii yesterday! OMG!!

Well, since the maid is not bring me any breakfast or even a second cup of coffee I need to get up and take care of myself. Stay warm and healthy everyone...take care of yourselves!

Comment

Well, my good intentions at getting here yesterday did not work out. I got up early enough but tried to get a few too many things done before I had to get gas and get my mom to the airport...and it is a darn good thing I left a little early:FOG started in about 3 miles down the road and then allthe way to the airport.
          I could see about 2 car lengths in front of us and could tell by a darker spot in the fog when a truck was about 3 lengths in front. I drove in the left lane to avoid the trucks, but it was not a good drive. At least people here knowhow to drive in the fog; only saw one car speed past us. Getting off at the airport exit was horrible as I had a truck in front of me and had to really look for it...and getting back on was a whole other problem. Thank Heaven there were no trucks coming when I merged on...by the time it lifted I pulled off to calm my nerves and get a drink.
          This morning even we are fogged in. My brother called me and said he had been watching on his Delta pilot's page to see her plane arrive and it had to approach the runway twice! Couldn't see well enough to land on the first approach.
          But she made it fine to Orlando, having stopped in SLC and navigated that ok. She was supposed to have a wheelchair meet her and we will see if she took it or not... Next Saturday I do it all over again when I go pick her up...

So I am happy that other than church, I don't have anything to do. I have things I can do and I will pick and choose.

Becky made some cookies yesterday to take to the shelter tomorrow. Bacon maple oatmeal. I had one at my hair salon from one of the customers and Becky found a recipe on Pinterest. It is good but not as good as the one I had...so we are still looking.

The shelter dinner on Friday turned out Great! I really wish I would have taken pictures of it. I had told all the parents I needed to be out the door to take the food and the one I wsa not sure about I specifically reminder her that this is one of the times I had told her about and she still came at the late time she had asked about. And I had said no, not today...Both parents together and at 5:00...which says to me they do not appreciate me. Like I am thinking I might close the next shelter day to them!

Oh! Something very good!
          Spencer, the son in Maryland, was made a Director of Finance in his company! He is over a third of the whole thing and the other two are much older than he is. He said in the promotion interview he was told that everyone said they like working with him and he is always ready to help them even if it is not a finance issue. The CFO said, That has not gone unnoticed! We see you as a Team member and loyal to the corporation. I love seeing the values we tried to teach at home being used and rewarded (appreciated as much as promoted) by his peers and upper level execs.

I am making vegetable soup today, Sharon. Yours sounds so good, I decided to make more here.
          Hope you feel better soon.
          And

Hope the rest of you have a good day with some sunshine mixed in it!

Comment

Working...
          X