Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday Jan 9, 2018

Good Morning! It's the 9th already?!?

​Yesterday was a snowy one, but much warmer than it had been. Made driving a bit tricky at times, but there was no school delay or cancellation in our school district. I spent my morning helping sort eyeglasses at Sandy's with a couple other ladies from church. We always have a good time. It wore me out because I ended up taking a nap during the afternoon. After getting the guys to bed, I started working on finding the Rx of some eyeglasses. I volunteered to use the older machine, and help Sandy out. They got her a more automated machine that also prints out labels with the Rx.

​Not sure what today will bring. I have no plans....yet. Nice! I do need to make a batch of the salted caramel brownie cups since my brother Tom got an order at work for them for me. I sent a tray of cookies with him on Saturday to take to work on Monday. The guy said those were the best cookies he's ever had, and if he's ever on death row, he wants them included with his last meal. I consider that a compliment! I said he didn't have to wait that long, that he could order some for himself.

Have a good one all!

Just texted Aunt Maye/Janet since she's been MIA for over 2 weeks. She's having the same problem as a couple months ago. She can read & type up a response, but it won't let her post. She said to tell you all HI! and that she's keeping up on all of us.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

I was wondering what Maye's problem was , Cookie. I saw her posting on another board, but not here. Thought maybe someone had made her "mad".

​Starting to warm up, but with that it brings freezing rain and wintry mix. What we have had for the last 2 days is fog and in the mornings, it is driving difficulties because of the re-freezing of the roads. Happily I can stay in until it warms up to melt the ice off the roads. Yesterday morning we had 3 accidents that were roll-overs because of slick roads. Luckily no one was hurt in either accident. All 3 accidents were on the same road in 2 different towns. That should tell the townships they need to salt that road.

​Even though the temp has been above freezing, the ground is frozen a foot down, and unfortunately, the wetness on the pavements and blacktops freezes when it hits the roadway.

Hope all have a good day.

Question:
      Why don't retirees mind being called Seniors?

Answer:
      ​ The term comes with a 10% percent discount.
      Last edited by jostoy; 01-09-2018, 09:12 AM.
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning.
        I was wondering about Maye also. Thanks, Cookie.
        Jostoy, I wonder if the drivers should slow down a bit more in that weather, also?

Well, not anything much going on here. Same ol’ same ol’.
        I woke with a bit of sinus headache today. I might just go back for a snooze and hope it goes away.
        Looks like another overcast day today. A few dark clouds, but not enough to matter.

Hope you all have a great day. 🤗
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

We are having the same problems with roads Jostoy. Yesterday morning there was a rollover on the county road we use to get home and a woman was killed...ice related. Very foggy this morning. Warming up has it's probem's too.

Today my sister is driving up and we are heading out for lunch with 'the aunts'. These are my mom's sisters. My youngest brother is coming up so it will be a nice lunch. I will put on a spaghetti sauce for tonight. Tried a new casserole recipe yesterday and it was pretty good...needed something but I am not the cook to tinker with a recipe. Jon never said much but now I know he is not feeling well...texted this morning he was calling off work with an upset stomach. Hope it is not something he intends to spread around. No need to share everything!!

Nothing going on around here...winter boredom but nothing that a little sun wouldn't cure. Looking forward to lunch with the aunt's today and I need to shower and find something that is not a sweatshirt or flannel to wear. All the snow in the yard has melted and that is a good thing. Have a wonderful and hopefully sunny day!

Comment

Good morning! It is still wet out and we are to get a little more rain today, but school is back in session (finally!) and the demographic of daycare goes back to its natural order! The spaghetti yesterday was so good! I used a different brand and it cooked up great.

Maye, when you read tis, I hope you and David are doing fine and keeping warm and staying well.

Donna, I guess that is how I feel about the Ladylocks! Only I hope I am never on death row, but just able to have some every few months and enjoy them. I am already thinking of when to order for a Spring order before it gets too hot for you to ship them. The last order came through perfectly!

Ihope we all are staying well and out of the way of all coughs and sneezes. Becky is over her cold and ready to go check on where her classes are when it stops raining. She has a friend who is transferring down to chico who wants to walk around campus with her and also see where she parks. Campus parking is very small spaces and Becky uses city parking lots and it costs a little less than a campus parking permit. Not sure if that will remain the same with this semester being a 5 day a week, but the stress of finding an open spot and having room to park is not an option with her.

Love you all!

Comment

Roll overs!
              I remember when I was in elementary school, a “southern family” moved in onto our street. My house was on a corner at the end of the street. There was a girl my age, so we’d walk to school together. She had a brother who was a few years older, about middle school age, who was a neighborhood terror. In winter, he and his friends would come out at night and dump buckets of water generously all over the street on our corner. It froze, of course. Then they’d get in someone’s car (quite likely stolen), stomp on the gas and brake when they hit the icy part. The car would be spinning totally out of control, and sometimes flip over. (This was before seat belts!). They’d do that a few times, then leave, knowing someone would call the police.
              It’s a wonder that nobody ever got hurt. I don’t know if they set up streets in other neighborhoods, but it’s likely.
              That boy was a wheeler-dealer....... getting access to booze, smoking, and bamboozling us younger kids out of our comic books and pennies. He’d set off the police/fire alarm box the city had on telephone poles.... we had one in front of our house. He put coins on the railroad tracks (a stone’s throw from my house), and derailed at least one train, which unfortunately carried passengers (yes, some were hurt and some killed, i’d heard).
              Naturally he gave his family a bad reputation in our otherwise quiet neighborhood. In a year’s time, his sister said the police were looking for him. Rumor has it that he’d hopped onto a train and left town. Never saw or heard from him again.
              But I can still picture in my mind, the cars he’d spin and rolled on the ice. Scary.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning, a bit of a warm up here but they the weekend is going to be another laying down of snow...my sister came up from Cinn. to spend couple of nights and ride with us to my Uncles funeral, she is now on the road home. Beginning to realize we are becoming the 'elder' generation now, lost 3 this past year, and now on my Dad's side there are only 3 left, same with my Mom's side of the family. I have yet another Drs. appt. today and a finger poke tomorrow, older age has become a never ending round of Drs. appts.

When I type up a post and hit post reply it comes up with a little yellow square up top that says working and never really shows it post, so I just close the page, come back and it has posted...but if I waited it would never post...

Well time to hit the shower and get ready to head off again to the building I see way to much of, the Drs. complex which is giving me a complex. Have a great day, stay safe.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Oh my gosh it didn't do the yellow box thing just now, I cleaned out the cache and such, must have done the trick.
                  Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

try again.. lost a post that I just made... went into limbo land?

missing you all ...not mad.. just loney..

and this one took... hooray.. will write more in the morning.
                    I"m had a week of a face cold. the kind that yours eyes weep and your nose drips.. and eyeballs burn.. feeling better. now..
                    Neighbor plowed out the driveway yesterday.. he got a much appreciated thank you . and today I made a deal for him to do it any time it is necessary... only with pay .." Gas Money" if you will.. will make David happy to "hire" the help.. and me happy to know he is not out there Overdoing.. they are the kindest of neighbors.

now see if this post too..

hugs to you all!
                    Last edited by Aunt Maye; 01-09-2018, 10:23 PM.

Comment

try again.. lost a post that I just made... went into limbo land?

missing you all ...not mad.. just loney..

and this one took... hooray.. will write more in the morning.
                      I"m had a week of a face cold. the kind that yours eyes weep and your nose drips.. and eyeballs burn.. feeling better. now..
                      Neighbor plowed out the driveway yesterday.. he got a much appreciated thank you . and today I made a deal for him to do it any time it is necessary... only with pay .." Gas Money" if you will.. will make David happy to "hire" the help.. and me happy to know he is not out there Overdoing.. they are the kindest of neighbors.

now see if this post too..

hugs to you all! now we have a double ,,I will keep working at my problem
                      Last edited by Aunt Maye; 01-09-2018, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X