Monday January 8 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday January 8 2018

We all are still not feeling our best....not exactly sure what mom and daddy have...I have a horrible ear ache...and will go to the doctor in a couple days if I am still not feeling good. Work this morning...errand after work...lunch with my parents then I have a psych appointment...after that lots of resting.

Morning...ugly morning but above freezing!! Things were a little icey last evening but we were all in and snug. My question is, how can people who are curled up in their house doing nothing eat so much food and make so many dirty clothes?

We did buy a new tv yesterday for the living room and it was too big for where we were going to sit it! So, the boys got a new bigger one in the boy cave and we brought up theirs. Funny how just doing that has brought the room together and made it look cozier. Blues lost in overtime yesterday but I watched it on a bigger screen!

Beth hope you and your family are feeling better soon. I am going to knock on wood when I say we have so far missed the diseases flying around. Need to get up and moving...laundry and meal planning ahead today. Spent a fortune on groceries Friday and they have the nerve to have a list started already! These people!!!

Comment

Good morning.

Maxie, not sure if we got ice or not. Never went out to check. But it is very foggy this morning and water standing in the low spots of the yard.

​Laundry is on my agenda for today also. Just looks like a good day to stay in and get some things done around here.

Everyone have a good day.

Marriage is Sharing:

The old man placed an order for one hamburger, French fries, and a drink. He unwrapped the plain hamburger and carefully cut it in half, placing one half in front of his wife.

He then carefully counted out the French fries, dividing them into two piles and neatly placed one pile in front of his wife. He took a sip of the drink, his wife took a sip and then set the cup down between them. As he began to eat his few bites of hamburger, the people around them were looking over and whispering.

Obviously they were thinking, “That poor old couple—all they can afford is one meal for the two of them.”
      As the man began to eat his fries a young man came to the table and politely offered to buy another meal for the old couple. The old man said, they were just fine—they were used to sharing everything.

People closer to the table noticed the little old lady hadn't eaten a bite. She sat there watching her husband eat and occasionally taking turns sipping the drink..

Again, the young man came over and begged them to let him buy another meal for them. This time the old woman said “No, thank you, we are used to sharing everything.”

Finally, as the old man finished and was wiping his face neatly with the napkin, the young man again came over to the little old lady who had yet to eat a single bite of food and asked “What is it you are waiting for?”

She answered, “The Teeth.”

Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning.
        A bit cloudy today, an indication of a 20-measly-% chance of rain in the next couple of days. I doubt that it’ll happen.
        It’s been a bit windy lately, and something is getting to my allergy. What the heck. Today should hit 80°, and Wednesday will drop to a high of 58°, then Friday should put it back to the 70’s again.. What’s Mother Nature up to; is she nuts?

Well, nothing much going on here. I think today I’ll make a pot of spaghetti sauce with ground meat in it, and have it ready for quick pasta dinners in the cooler weather this week.

Hope Sharon’s coping with the Midwest cold weather okay, and getting some relaxation there. She’s usually busy keeping others contented, that I’m afraid she’s not getting enough rest time for herself.

Well, I need to get dressed and let my day begin.
        You all have a good one! ☀️ Stay warm.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning. I am posting and nor reading yet. I have two kids arriving at 7:00 because mom has an inservice in another town at 7:30... so begins the week. And it is raining.

But, it will be a good day. I am determined. Becky feels much better and I am still not sick, so that is a huge blessing.

The weekend went well with friends over for dinner and I didn't even feel too guilty about decorations and tree still up. Or the boxes of donation items by the door...It will get done and this is the week that will happen. Hoping the receiving store is finished with their remodel.

Spaghetti for the daycare and inside activiites, unless the patio doesn't get too wet. The way one of the boys tears around I am always thinking of my liability insurance! He is so klutzy and on wet pavement...

Hope you all have a good day!

Comment

Good Morning. :

Heat wave here - 56 degrees!

Normal Monday. Blood draw and then 2 shots. Hoping John does not require transfusion. Vegetables for lunch.

Have a good day, Everyone.

Comment

Afternoon all!

​Yesterday was good. I don't think I got to check in. On Saturday afternoon my brothers came over & Tom got our new computer set up & running. The computer was having a hard time switching btw users, but mine was working fine, so I got on line & was bookmarking my favorite sites again. Had to create a few new passwords because I couldn't find them or remember them. I made a big pot of chili, which is my brother Tom's favorite, so I sent chili home with both brothers.

​Yesterday after church & SS, we came home & tried getting this computer to switch btw desktops....no such luck. I called Tom, and his first question was if I crashed the computer....kiddingly. I answered YUP!!!! I tried everything I knew....control, alt, delete.....turning on & off....unplugging it. Just came back up with a black screen. Called HP, and he couldn't figure out the problem either, so with some F11 tapping, he got some different screens to come up, and we had to reset the whole thing to factory settings. Now my brother needs to bring his external hard drive back & reload everything from our old computer. I ordered a new Ex HD, since it seems our old one bit the dust w/o us knowing it.

​While the computer was doing it's thing, I made Cork is pasta dish he likes to take to work for lunch. Made a big veggie tray to take to my brother Tom's. It's been a month since we played cards together. It felt good to all be back together. My nieces even joined us since they are still home from college.

​This morning we woke to snow. Since the temps are above 30....finally...it's a wet heavy snow....great for snowballs. Got Blaise out the door, then got ready to go. Went to Sandy's to sort eye glasses. The roads were a bit dicey, but I made it there & back. Not sure what I'll do with the rest of the day. I actually am home alone!!!!

​Not sure how much I can even do. The new doctor had me start taking a half of a cholesterol medicine for my heart. Well I just started it 3 or 4 days ago, I'm my body is aching. I'm going to stop the medicine and see if that helps. If it stops, I'm quitting it permanently. My cholesterol is fine. If I kill over w/o it, at least I won't be moaning on my way down from back & leg pain.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• bethina
                bethina commented
                Editing a comment
                I have to take cholesterol meds cookie and they cause my legs to cramp so my doctor told me to coq10 and that does help. If you decide take the coq10 I reccomend shopping around for the best price and some times its goes on sale by 1 get 1
            Working...
            X