X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday ~ 1/6 ~

Good Morning!

We are above frreezing! Yay!

The past 3 mornings we have been having SO much fun. Had rings replaced in 3 commodes - one each morning at 7a. That worked out great except for the fact that 2 of these bathrooms have carpet, and carpet is not inclined to go back to where it started without some help. We haven't tackled that yet, but we have decided that it's time to put tile floors in these bathrooms. Will tackle that in the weeks to come. Now that John is beyond doing that, "professions" will have to be called in, and he doesn't deal well with that. LOL

So it's all about beans and ham today. Must make my favorite - ham soup with Navy beans and Ditilani. Can't wait! John will continue to work on his gumbo, and I must bake off the last of this sugar cookie dough I've had in the refrig. Then must come up with something for church.

Hope all is iwell with everyone. Stay warm and safe ! !

Good FRIGID Morning! We are still in a deep freeze, but not as bad as the other side of the state & the east coast.

Yesterday was good. Not very productive though. Since I slept in, my morning went fast. I had a 11am appt at State Farm to go over all our policies. Did you know the price of stamps is going up later this month to $.50? I ask the question after I bought 3 books of forever stamps. Headed to a different town to do our banking. A new Burger King opened across from the bank this week. Tried it out. Haven't had BK in a long time. YUM! Made a couple other stops & then homeward bound.

Texted the restaurant when I got home to see if they were going to need any goodies this weekend. I was getting ready to make a couple carrot cakes & wanted to know if I needed freeze both, or ice one of them. Here they are closing for a week after today. Both going to the freezer then.

Had a nice chat with my SIL. Found out my niece who has been stressing & stressing her mother over her Freshman grades, passed. PTL! So she's going back to Grove City College to continue her quest to become an electrical engineer.

Not sure what today will bring. Just keep puttering around getting things cleaned up and organized. Did get the laundry done yesterday, so now to get it all put away. Blaise is growing like a weed, so I need to find the boxes with the next size of clothes. His other grandparents sent him size 7 clothes from DG, and they are going to be too small after 2 washes. Need to think of something to cook for dinner, since I won't be here for it tomorrow. Looking forward to pizza & cards!!!

Have a safe trip Sharon! Have a good one all. Stay warm & safe.

Comment

Good morning! Today is my nieces sweet 16 birthday..hard to believe she is 16! Yesterday was great day at work!! I got a dollar raise! Most everyone got a raose..

Hanging out with the family today!

Comment

Good morning....
        Didn’t get any sleep til about 2am last night, then on and off til 7:30. Don’t know why. Oh well, it’ll just feel like a long day.
        Another nice sunny day ahead - for the foreseeable future the mercury will be within the 70’s, and an occasional drop to the 60’s.....I wish I could share some of this weather with all of you. I feel so sorry for all the east coast people, getting a double whammy of frigid cold.

Well, today is laundry day. Plus more sorting and tossing of stuff in general. Or packing into boxes for the kids.

Cookie, one way to make clothes last longer, is to wash and rinse them in cold water on the gentle cycle. Jeans too, unless they’re very dirty, then I use warm water and a cold rinse. It’ll save money on your utility bill. Less shrinkage if any.
        I also dry clothes on the gentle drying cycle, not the regular hot one.
        Many of the clothing items that we give to Goodwill still look good, if not like new.

Hope you all have a nice weekend. ☀️
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning.

​It's 4 above right now. Have no idea what it was earlier as I slept a little longer than usual. No plans for today, well at least not set in steel. May end up going to E's house to check if her pilot light is out on her water heater. Her son was suppose to do that yesterday, but never showed.

​I got groceries yesterday so don't have to get out for that today. Other than possibly going to E's house, I'll stay by the home fires.

Everyone have a good day.

Atheism and Atheists Always Look Foolish To Real Thinkers

A young woman teacher with obvious liberal tendencies explains to her class of small children that she is an atheist. She asks her class if they are atheists too. Not really knowing what atheism is but wanting to be like their teacher, their hands explode into the air like fleshy fireworks.

There is, however, one exception. A beautiful girl named Lucy has not gone along with the crowd. The teacher asks her why she has decided to be different.

"Because, I'm not an atheist."
          Then, asks the teacher, "What are you?" "I'm a Christian."

The teacher is a little perturbed now, her face slightly red. She asks Lucy why she is a Christian.

"Well, I was brought up knowing and loving Jesus. My mom is a Christian, and my dad is a Christian, so I am a Christian."

The teacher is now angry. "That's no reason," she says loudly.

"What if your mom was an idiot and your dad was an idiot. What would you be then?"

Lucy paused, smiled and said, "Then, I'd be an atheist!"
          Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

4 above this morning here also. Icey conditions predicted for tomorrow and a warm up finally. Heard an interesting fact this morning that the ground around here is below freezing as deep as a foot so no matter how warm the air temp is the rain will freeze with the ground temps being below freezing. Winter just sucks!

Need to grocery shop today and have a pile and a half of laundry. Blues play this afternoon so I should have gotten up earlier to get started but instead laid in bed. Have a headache so there is a weather change coming. We rode down to the river yesterday and the ice is not flowing but the river is frozen! Andrew got a kick out of it and we even got out of the car to get a closer look. The flow will start when the ice up north breaks up and floats down in huge chunks. Wish a barge would have come down so he could see the ice push against the shore. No matter how much you enjoy the river ice, winter still sucks!

Need to get going around here...I do need groceries and can do laundry during the game so want to be home this afternoon. I do love my hockey! Stay warm all and think Spring!!

Comment

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

That's about the only spring we can think about at this time, JoG.
                Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

I haven't spent much time trying to figure out how to start a new post so will just add a comment to this one. This morning when I left to grocery shop the temp was 10. I get to the store and three mothers are standing outside with a table of girl scout cookies. I had read on face book this morning that our area was doing their kickoff this weekend. There are no girl scouts just their mothers. They we dressed like the arctic and happily selling cookies. We buy ours from the people Jon works with...most every kid sells something so coworkers are great reciprocaters! Anyway you have got to love a mother who will leave their kid at home and go out and sell their cookies! God must love a mother to have made her so happy to be out doing it! When I left the store the temp was 12! And yes, I bought a box of cookies...how could you not?

Comment

Working...
                  X