Ready for the weekend? 01/05/2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready for the weekend? 01/05/2018

Good Morning from the deep freezer of NW Ohio....temp is 1 degree with a feels like -13...I have no plans of going out today, was out yesterday for INR and right back home, loving these flannel bottoms and thermal tops and fuzzy socks...and also loving my heated throw and electric blanket...

Today is trash day, have it all rounded up and sitting there waiting for the hubby to take it out...then I will make some potato cakes from leftover mashed potatoes and some SOS from dried beef leftover from Christmas...trying to use everything I can up in the fridge, freezer and cabinets...amazing what you can come up with.. Also going to bake some cookies for the real estate lady that hubby works under, her hubby has a blood cancer and just had a procedure done and had chemo and now is home...want to think of something easy on the stomach to fix them also.

That is the plan for my day....my Uncle in Indiana passed away and will be heading there on Monday for the funeral, it is about 100 miles from here so it will be a trip there and back don't know if any relatives will stay here and go from here or not just yet..

Have a great day and stay safe...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Good morning Sharon, and to the ret who show up today.

I have to go to the grocery store today. Am out of some things after my cooking spree.

Just waiting for Sunday to get here when it is suppose to get into the 20's.

Everyone have a good day.
    Mirror Image - Blonde Speeder
    A blonde woman was speeding down the road in her little red sports car and was pulled over by a woman police officer who was also a blonde.

The blonde cop asked to see the blondes' driver's license. She dug through her purse and was getting progressively more agitated.

"What does it look like?" she finally asked.

The policewoman replied, "It's square and it has your picture on it."

The driver finally found a square mirror in her purse, looked at it and handed it to the policewoman. "Here it is," she said.

The blonde officer looked at the mirror, then handed it back saying, "OK, you can go. I didn't realize you were a cop."

Last edited by jostoy; 01-05-2018, 09:33 AM.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad you got a good report...these doctors do a pretty good job. My neck was glued back together last month but the melanoma surgery from 4 years ago was stitched. Whatever, I liked the glue a lot better than having stitches removed.

Good morning.
    Yesterday was again mostly overcast and windy. Weird weather. It’s 46° here right now, but should hit 77 or 78° for a bit this afternoon. A sunny day forecasted, but the sun doesn’t seem to be up yet.

Today is E’s last day of PT. The trainer readjusted some of his exercises to make them a bit easier but still get the results. And I can see the results are much better in his arm. E will continue his exercises at home, though. Fortunately, they have given him pages of his exercises and instructions to do them. Also DD who is a PT expert has noted his exercises, and has another view for making them more effective. We should be getting her printouts on Monday. I noted that she leans toward Isometric methods, which I know are effective. I used to do them regularly, in days long past.
    DD practices what she preaches, and is in great shape. She’s good at letting her clients know WHY its so effective as well.

So - no other plans today. Maybe a stop by the bank. Seems those tons of catalogs we get during the holidays.... most can’t deliver what they offer, they don’t give any reason other than “backordered”, so they eventually refund my checks. I often have to ask where my order is first. Now I have 6 checks to deposit.

I guess we can throw away Christmas cards now. Got some really cute ones this year which will be tough to toss. But...gotta end clutter here.

So, here’s hoping you have a great “first-weekend-of-the-new-year”. Goodness, E turns 81 at mid-month! Time flies!

Stay warm, be happy.. ☀️

Sharon, sorry about the loss of your uncle. Not to mention having to live in that frigid weather.

Jostoy, that’s a funny story today.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning. It is rainy out and has been since yesterday. I am not sure if kids will be able to go out today. We didn't yesterday because the whole patio was wet. I doubt we will today, either.

This three day week has seemed just as long as a regular week. Having school kids makes for a different mix and one of my regular kids is a hyper type anyway...today only one school boy and no baby so that makes it a bit easier. I will be so thankful when the baby can sit up on his own and then crawl! But he does not like being on his tummy at all,so not sure when he will get the upper body strength to crawl. Just this week I had two desparate moms call asking aobut childcare. The one I told I wouldn't have any openings until June actually asked if she could pay me to hold that spot for her! She is the neice of my hair stylist and I said I didn't need that, but that is how bad it is trying to get good daycare and for any child under 2, especially. (The state limits ow many you can have in that age range.)

I have to start making my cornbread for the layered salad. Last night I was thinking I wouldn't even make it, but I woke up with a better attitude and will jus tdo it.

Sharon, I was wondering where you lived and now will go see on a map.
      Hope this weather and temperature drop can just pass you all and we can get on our way to Spring!

Comment

Good FRIGID Morning! They canceled school for today by 3pm yesterday. The sun is shining, but that's very deceiving.

Yesterday was OK. I found a desk underneath all that papers on my desk. Got bills paid. Just kept plugging along. My cousin Karen called yesterday. It was her BD. She told her husband NO CAKE, but rather pie. Then she decided she wanted MY pies, so she told him to pick them up from me after work. My SIL is feeling well enough that we made plans for playing cards Sunday evening. YES!

Slept in this morning. Just been puttering around. Leaving after I'm done typing this. Have an appt with my State Farm agent to go over everything. Need to make several other stops. One being the bank. Cork's employer didn't mail his check last week. Told him one nice thing about the delay is next week will be pay day again. Will come home, try to get warm again, and do laundry. There are so many little things that need done around here.

Sharon....so sorry for your loss. Have a safe trip. I know that's suppose to be a snowy day.

Oh funny thing.....my friend Lori who moved to Mrytle Beach last year said they had a skiff of snow yesterday. The world stopped there and even WM was closed. CRAZY! LOL!

Have a good one all!

Comment

Morning...had a skim of snow last night. Not enough to cover in the footprints or add any beauty. Just cold and now slick. Temps are suppose to rise above freezing on Sunday. But grateful this is not the east coast. Wow did those people get hit and now the cold blast for them.

First day back to school for Andrew yesterday. He came in and ate like a pig. We had a little table discussion then he and his dad disappeared into the boy cave and both fell asleep. Never heard a word from either of them until Drew came up to say goodbye. Hope he slept last night because they both took long naps!

Got out yesterday and made my return then across to Big Lots. Picked up Christmas coffee cups on sale since we need coffee cups. I never bring out holiday cups because we just use them all year long. If it holds coffee I can drink out of it without caring what it says. Also picked up a Springy wreath for the door but it is just too Springy for this cold so will leave the berries up for a while longer. Jon is off today and the weekend but it is doubtful he had any plans to do anything around here. We could get this room together and hang things...buy a tv.

Paula I loved the story about Oregonians having to pump their own gas at stations. It was hilarious but I do remember after my husband died that I did have to learn to pump gas. It was a big deal and I hope I did not sound as silly as those people. In fact it was mommy dearest who showed me how and it did take more than once for me to get the hang of it. I had no idea there were full service stations left in the world! That was my laugh for the day!

Sharon sorry about your Uncle. Hope you are feeling well enough to have a relative stay if necessary. Jo, we would kill for that temperature range! Glad E is doing so well with his exercises. Jostoy, did you get your stitches taken out? I must have missed your doctors report so hope all is fine after your surgery.

So I am off to start the day. With Jon off I may not cook and let him handle it. Or we could just meet the bus and head to the river for a while and watch and listen to the ice for a while then head out for a fast bite. I dunno...it's Friday so anything goes. Stay warm and healthy everyone of you!!

Comment

• jostoy
            jostoy commented
            Editing a comment
            Maxie, I didn't have any stiches. He "glued" me back together. The incision is all healed and looks great. That surgeon did a very good job. Probably won't even see a scar in 2-3 years. My concern was if he got all the cancer, and he said according to the pathology report, it was all complete.
        Working...
        X