Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to 2018 ~ 1/1

Good Morning.

Been busy here. Laundry. Vacuuming. Reorganizing.

Nothing planned for today except a little cooking.

We are at 19 degrees, which is waaay cold for us. Won't get above freeing until Wednesday.

Got the fir blazing and the heat on, so crossing fingers we should be OK.

Hugs to All Rounders. We are few, but we are still here.

Love you All.

Morning...I want to still be sleeping Cori won't hear of it

Comment

Good morning everyone.

HAPPY NEW YEAR I never stay up to see the New Year in either. Never have, even as a young whipper snapper. Partying was never my thing. Don't drink, and don't like being around those who do.

​Today I'll watch the Rose Bowl Parade, but not the game. As you can see, I'm just an "all around party pooper. Tomorrow I go to Effingham to see the surgeon. The incision has healed up nicely. Just hopeing for him to tell me he got all the cancer.

Well as the end of the cartoons use to say "that's all folk". Everyone have a great day to start your New Year out right.

Grandson Goes To Visit:

His Grandmother A Jewish grandmother is giving directions to her grown grandson who is coming to visit with his wife:
      "You come to the front door of the apartment complex. I am in apartment 14T.
      "There is a big panel at the front door. With your elbow push button 14T.
      "I will buzz you in. Come inside, the elevator is on the right.
      "Get in, and with your elbow hit 14.
      "When you get out I am on the left. With your elbow, hit my doorbell."
      "Grandma, that sounds easy, but why am I hitting all these buttons with my elbow"?
      "You're coming empty handed?"

Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        lol! I even heard that grandma in her best accent!

Good morning, and Happy New Year, Everyone.
      Why do people think that Christmas and New Years need noise, like fireworks or guns? It’s beyond me!
      I guess for the kids they begin at 6pm for a little more than an hour, then again at 9. It’s disconcerting. Don’t know if they have a midnight round of it, as we’re asleep before then.

Well, another year has begun. It’s early, so it looks awful dreary right now. No doubt it’ll be a mostly sunny day again though.

No plans for today.

Hugs to all. 🤗. Have a good day..
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Happy New Year one and all....no partying in this household either, I haven't watched the New Year come in in a very long time, guess hubby did but then again he is a night owl and I am a morning person...can't eat anything after 7:00 p.m. anyways so no use fixing anything after our supper...we will be having a pork roast, mashed potatoes, sauerkraut and corn muffins for our dinner...no black eyed peas here, not even one bite..Enjoy your day and welcome another year...
        Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Sunny and cold morning here...temps below zero. I am the only one up so the rest must be snuggled in. Sierra spoke when she came in last night but I have no idea what time that was. I did not even make a pretense of trying to stay up.

Did grocery shop yesterday but once I got there and picked up what was on the list I was finished. Went through the new cookbook and got no ideas for meals...in fact I was thinking it might be a good fire starter. Too darn fancy for us...when you turn diabetic they think we are suddenly going to cook gourmet? For my son's health I will do better but not with that cookbook. So I bought a bunch of cleaning supplies we were low on and will clean which is probably healthier than my cooking anyway.

Finally the tree will come down today and all remnants of Christmas will disappear. Now we are back to realities of the world. Have a wonderful new year all...health and happiness to everyone.

Comment

• Paula A
            Paula A commented
            Editing a comment
            maxie, go to Pinterest and look for family friendly diabetic meals.
            What kind of meats and vegetables does he like? I would be happy to look and find some things for you.

Happy New Year! All my texts came in with fireworks! Becky is now on her way home and I will leave in a few hours to go to the airport.
          Living 2 hours away from the airport is a drag! But, I have to say, it is a straight, easy drive most of the time. Once they were doing work and we had only one lane for part of the time, in the dark (!), but really, as far as drives go, it is easy. It is on my side of Sacramento so no going through the city at all.

I didn't even watch lit turn 2018 in another time zone. I started watching a little of CNN but just couldn't take the craziness they kept going to...I have never been a late party person, either and have always been nervous about drunk drivers. So, there you go.

I watched Victoria and Abdul and texted with family and friends. The neighborhood noise woke me up and scared the dogs, but we eventually got back to sleep and actually Slept In!

I love the Rose Parade and always watch it on HGTV, because they have no commercials. Back when I started watching it on their channel they still had landscapers like Paul James who were the anchors and talked a lot about the flowers, etc. I love it no matter who is talking (Property Brothers and a woman this year), and Always think Why don't I go to this??? The answer is always the same: where would I stay? I need to check into a tour group or convince my brother and his wife to go and they can find us a place. They were texting during the parade saying Why are we watching this from MN?!!!

So, hats off to all of you for dealing with your cold temps! And really, if you venture out, keep that hat on! YOu know what they say: 70% of our body heat is lost through our head...

I am going to sweep, Swiffer and just do a little cleaning up before I go out to get gas and maybe some groceries...I hate going to the store lately...

Happy New Year to you all!

Comment

• maxie
            maxie commented
            Editing a comment
            I am going to pinterest next...heard they have very good recipes. It was also suggested by the many vegan members of the family to try that. Moderation would be a big help with my son also! Too many years of eating what he wants when he wants. Would not hurt any of us in this house to eat in moderation!!

Good afternoon everyone..
          I was watching it too..I did not think of that..Really..T here was alot of floats..And some of them were pretty..
          I had too much help..With my aprons.

Comment

Working...
          X