Saturday Morning last weekend of 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Morning last weekend of 2017

Good Morning, another cold one here 11 degrees outside, really wish I didn't have to go out today but alas hubby's family Christmas and its a little over and hour drive away. Then after that I can officially put the 2017 Christmas season behind me...

So other than that not much else to speak of...looking forward to making a pot of potato soup on Sunday and just kicking back to relax and watch some tv and get a menu together...got the house cleaned and laundry done.
    Have a great day one and all...I need to remember if he situation is not to my liking its how I respond to it that can make a difference..
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Hi Sharon! Hope all goes well and the trip is not too treacherous.

Cold for us here, above freezing, but temps expected to really drop tonight.

We are sticking close to home. Flu is supposed to be rampant here, and we need to be careful.

Have not removed Christmas from the house. Will do that on Jan 1. Love the glow of the lights and figurines collected from many years.

Hope all is well with everyone. Have a lovely day.

Comment

Good Morning! Another frigid one here too. We got some snow overnight I see.

Yesterday was good. When I came home the day before from the hospital, my husband had cleaned my oven. He torn the bottom panel off & cleaned underneath and now my oven works. Thanks heavens. I slept in yesterday until 9am, which is totally unheard of for me, but I must have needed it. By the time I was done talking to the 2 doctors offices about sample insulin and getting the bank deposit ready, it was time to go meet Kathy to get Blaise. We met at WM. Did a bit of clearance shopping there.

Came home & got started cooking food to take to my brother Tom's. My SIL Sherry got home! When she texted me mid-morning & told me, I couldn't believe it. We are happy, but very apprehensive. They made that decision less than 24 hrs after transitioning her down to another room and her IVs were still in. They hadn't even started her on the oral meds to know if the balancing act would work. Was is insurance that was making them kick her out? Anyways, she arrived home about 6pm. I had supper ready for them plus a couple other dishes for today. I talked to one of their friends that go to church with them, and she's going to contact the lady in charge of arranging meals. We've got things covered for the next several days, so they probably won't even have to start until the middle of next week. She's sowed a LOT of good seeds, and she's going to be reaping the benefits of that. People are just waiting in the wings ready to help.

After I fed my family, I popped over to Aunt Janet's to visit with them and their visitors....nice!!!! Aunt J is worn out though, and ready for everyone to leave this morning.

Not sure what today will bring. Paying bills & laundry are at the top of the list. I was planning on going into Aldi's, but that may wait until later. Will see how traffic is flowing out there. We have a main road that passes our house. Cork couldn't stand the looks of the refrigerator anymore yesterday, so we cleaned it out together. Found some leftovers that we need to use, so that'll be dinner.

Please keep Sherry in your prayers.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning.

I think the fridged cold is everywhere through the middle and north of the U.S. But for us next weekend ,as forecasted, is a REAL MESS. Starts with freezing rain for about 18 hours then changes to snow, and finally just plain ole rain. Welcome to 2018 !!!

​E.'s mammo yesterday turned into a sonogram, and a biopsy coming up. Turns out there are 3 "nodules" in the same breast where she had cancer years ago. But we will hope for the best, and wait for biopsy results.

​Nothing on my agenda for today, and maybe not tomorrow​, if it gets as cold as they say, they will probably cancel Church tomorrow.

Everyone stay in and stay warm, unless you just have to get out.

Atheist Sues Over Holiday:

In Florida , an atheist became incensed over the preparation of Easter and Passover holidays. He decided to contact his lawyer about the discrimination inflicted on atheists by the constant celebrations afforded to Christians and Jews with all their holidays while atheists had no holiday to celebrate.

The case was brought before a judge. After listening to the long passionate presentation by the lawyer, the Judge banged his gavel and declared, 'Case dismissed!'

The lawyer immediately stood and objected to the ruling and said,'Your honor, how can you possibly dismiss this case? The Christians have Christmas, Easter and many other observances. Jews have Passover, Yom Kippur and Hanukkah ... yet my client and all other atheists have no such holiday!'

The judge leaned forward in his chair and simply said, 'Obviously your client is too confused to even know about, much less celebrate his own atheists' holiday!'

The lawyer pompously said, 'Your Honor, we are unaware of any such holiday for atheists. Just when might that holiday be, your Honor?'

The judge said, 'Well it comes every year on exactly the same date --- April 1st! Since our calendar sets April 1st as 'April Fools Day,' consider that Psalm 14:1 states, 'The fool says in his heart, there is no God.' Thus, in my opinion, if your client says there is no God, then by scripture, he is a fool, and April 1st is his holiday! Now have a good day and get out of my courtroom!!​
        Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning.

No big plans this weekend. We did our grocery shopping yesterday. After putting things away, I threw some chicken, a bunch of veggies, and broth into the slow cooker. E was surprised to get a fresh supper that he didn’t realize was cooking. He enjoyed it very much. We have a few frozen dinners for when I don’t feel like cooking. Anyway, I’m glad the shopping got done, finally.

He went to PT, and the PTT put some odd-looking tape on his shoulder, looks like a capital A on him. It’s supposed to help lessen the pains he gets from some of the exercises. Well, these guys understand muscle therapy better than the rest of us. Next week is the last week of his PT. But I’m sure he will be continuing on his own at home.

Cookie, I’m sure Sherry’s doctor(s) have consulted with their colleagues before discharging her. They’ve likely got plans for frequent follow-up appointments to keep an eye on her til they’re certain of her well-being. Also, patients generally start healing better at home, once the crisis is past. So I’m told by the experts. I know it’s been true in my case.

Sharon, the holidays will soon be behind you. You sound like you very much need a rest from it all. Have a safe drive to see your hubby’s family. Stay warm in those frigid Midwest temperatures.

Winter is a good time for soups, isn’t it.
          I made a great Corn Chowder with a can of Cream of Potato soup (made with milk instead of water) and a can of creamed corn. It tasted exactly like Mimi’s Cafe’s corn chowder. Quick & easy. Goes great with corn bread.

Have a good day. ☀️
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Oh, Jo, I love corn chowder! I sometimes add some chicken to it.

Becky texted me a picture; they are having snow right now. The two year old visiting from Japan with his parents should really enjoy it. I sent them some fun sled type things last year so they all ages covered. Becky said he has played with every track and car set that Joe has and has been the easiest little 2 year old ever!

Today I have a couple of appointments starting at 8:30 this morning. I have been doing little jobs around the house since getting ready and really hope I can get things donated today. Hours of operation and receiving donated items don't always coincide.

Our temps are in the low 30's at night and then up to the mid 50's or high 50's if we are lucky.

Hope all of you are doing ok, getting over anything that bugs you, and enjoying the end of this year. So far, so good: I have not come down with the cough/cold/junk the school boy was hacking all over the other day. His mom texted me Friday morning and said she was keeping hm home. I had called her to pick him up early because of how sick he was. No way would I have let him come back the very next morning! So I was happy not to have to deal with that issue. I get it: working moms can feel like they are between a rock and a hard place, but if the daycare provider gets sick or worse, the 5 month old, well, I don't even want to think about either. So I am taking my probiotic morning and night, instead of just morning, and drinking, washing and wearing gloves more than usual.
            Do whatever it takes to stay away from the germs that are out there, folks!

Comment

Wish this cold would go away instead it just keeps coming! Last night we had some freezing drizzle but both the workers left before six this morning and said the roads were ok. Have not listened to any weather this morning but know there is no sun, still snow in the yard and darn cold!

I would love a pot of fresh home made soup! I have not cooked anything since Christmas Day. I have also not been to to the grocery since then either. Last night we met up for Chinese and Jon even ask if I wanted to grocery shop...I did not but may have to force myself to do some meal planning. Andrew does not go back to school until next Thursday and Sierra is never here for a meal time anymore. Guess that would be hard for her to do since I am not producing meals. Well, I need to get going and do a better job. Going to go through the diabetic cookbook and plan some meals.

Need to pay some bills today and slow down the spending now that the holidays are over. I want to do some furniture rearranging and look at new tables so doesn't sound like I am slowing down on the spending much. Sometime you just need a change.

Jostoy weather forecast does not sound very good so need to check that out. I was thinking of maybe going out this afternoon but not wanting to get caught in anything nasty. Have a wonderful Saturday and stay warm. Glad Sherry is home and wonderful to have so many friends and family to look out for them. Sharon stay calm and sane but make sure to give us the details! Jo we were talking about taping and wrapping yesterday...funny the conversations you have. Cookie you are a good sil looking out for your brother and family. All the Christmas boxes are gone but the bare tree still up...house need a good vacuuming but next week is looking like a good time...Stay warm all!!

Comment

Good afternoon everyone..

Let everyone i am here..I am trying to fix my pc..It is acting weird..I try to be here..

I am working on aprons for my church..For the kitchen..The aprons they have are childrens size..So i am making XL...And that is the first time..That i make..I am making th log cabin..I will be making about five...To me it is first start...

Be safe...

Comment

Working...
                X