Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday ~ 12/27 ~

Good Morning. Brrrrr. 37 degrees.

Headed out the door for the hospital. Transfusion needed today.

I'll shop at WM for a few things and then come home and wait until he calls me to pick him up.

Hope everyone has a good day.
    Last edited by ladyebug; 12-28-2017, 12:38 AM.

Good morning.
    It’s actually Wednesday, isn’t it? But it IS the 27th.

Hope the transfusion goes well, Elaine.

It’s in the 40’s here, right now, but it should reach the mid-70’s. Looks like we’ll get 80° on Friday & Saturday. As the weather report reads right now, anyway.

Nothing much going on here. E has PT this afternoon. He’s made some more progress with raising his arm. But he’s faithful with his exercises, doing them several times a day, and special ones he can do lying in bed at night or before he rises.

We still have tons of stuff to sort. He finally cleaned his electronics stuff off the table, so I’m quick to put meals on the table again.

And that’s about it. Hope you all have a great day! ☀️
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

​Yes it is Wednesday, and I'm thinking Ladyebug has lost a whole month. She has advanced us into 2018 already.

Went to W.W. yesterday and got more than groceries. When I walked past Smart Style, my "old" hair dresser was standing doing nothing. So I got right in and got a perm. Feel so much better now with my hair curled again.

​As far as I know, the only thing on today's agenda is Bible Study tonight in the freezing cold. Last weeks was canceled so the group could go caroling.

Hope all have a very good day.

Interesting Story About A Knock At The Door

A new pastor was visiting the homes of his parishioners.
      At one house it seemed obvious that someone was at home, but no answer came to his repeated knocks at the door.
      Therefore, he took out a card and wrote "Revelation 3:20" on the back of it and stuck it in the door.

When the offering was processed the following Sunday, he found that his card had been returned. Added to it was this cryptic message, Genesis 3:10."

Reaching for his Bible to check out the citation, he broke up in gales of laughter.

Revelation 3:20 begins "Behold, I stand at the door and knock." Genesis 3:10 reads, "I heard your voice in the garden and I was afraid, for I was naked."

Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

The days and dates are really making me look twice and doubt myself! Monday was Christmas, right? Oh, well, whatever the day, I am here.
        I didn't get here yesterday. I had a doctor's appointment that was for a med check (their words) and when I got in the assistant asked me how long it had been since I had seen the doctor...I just said a long time. she told me my blood pressure med is supposed to be checked yearly.
        I was a little nervous about going in anyway, and that is why I took the picture I posted on Facebook. I texted it to Becky to see how I looked. No way you can fool the scale, but at least I could walk in thinking looked ok...
        I ended up with good BP (134/70) and blood work in the lab. I got called right in and that made a few people sitting there a bit upset, but it was probably because I only needed a little blood drawn. I don't know. Anyway, it is back to work today.

I have half a cake left over and some cookies that will be given out to kids and the cake will go home with a friend wo is comingby to pick up some pots and pans for his niece. She moved into an apt with a roommate and neither has much for the kitchen.
        My car is loaded with three black bags of clothes and shoes. Mostly Becky's, but I am letting go of some things I ordered that were made and sized in China. Not American sizing at all.

Today the family in Maryland is venturing into DC. It is supposed to be in the 19* range. Becky has new gloves, hat and scarf toad layers to what she would normally wear.

I hope all goes well in your day and you stay warm and well fed!

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          I saw your picture and you looked great!

The weatherman says it is 3* out there and I did not stick around to hear a wind chill. Burrrrrrr....but the sun is finally shining not that it will warm things up much. Winter sucks and it is time for it to move on!

Waiting to hear from my sister. Our Texas brother is at his in laws and since he is the one visiting we are waiting for our instructions. I swear he thinks we just sit around and wait for him to visit. But since visit we must I still have a gift to get wrapped for them. It got tossed back since I knew I would not need it until after Christmas and now I am totally out of the mood to wrap anything. Plus it is just to darn cold to go out this week.

Mommy dearest comes home today and will stay until Sunday. She is going to meet Sierra's boyfriends' mother sometime. Good for her...she can be the good parent from a thousand miles away. But I am told I am negative so will just keep my mouth shut. After all, we are only the ones who live the daily crap so it is only right that mommy is the bestest parent of all. But there I am being negative again. And if I was going to be positive then I am so happy mommy is meeting the other mommy so I do not have to. And if my knee joints were to ever thaw I would do a little jig on that positive note!

Thought Jon was off today but my days are mixed with these holidays and he is off tomorrow. But then that will probably be the day I need to lunch with my brother so doubtful the tree will come down as planned. I am so ready to move on and get over this winter stuff. One more day of leftovers then I will clean out the fridge and we will be back to healthy living. Nice thought anyway.

Stay warm and happy everyone, time to dress and see what the day brings...

Comment

Working...
        X