Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Sunday Morning...Dec. 17

Good morning everyone.

​It was 53 here yesterday, and those darn leaves just kept yelling at me. So I got tired of listening to them, and got my pusher mower out and chopped them up.

​Really feel sorry for those who have snow on the ground. I always felt like another warm day is less 1 COLD day. This whole week is to be in high 40'2 to low 50's. In fact, I will miss the warmest day which is Tuesday. Almost 60. I have to sleep some of the day away.

Everyone take care.

God's Grocery Store

As I was walking down life's highway, many years ago I came upon a sign that read, "Heavens Grocery Store.."

When I got a little closer, the doors swung open wide. When I came to myself, I was standing inside. I saw a host of angels. They were standing everywhere.

One handed me a basket and said, "My Child, shop with care.."

Everything a human needed was in that grocery store. What you could not carry, you could come back for more.

First I got some Patience. Love was in that same row. Further down was Understanding. You need that everywhere you go. I got a box or two of Wisdom, and Faith a bag or two, and Charity - of course - I would need some of that too. I couldn't miss the Holy Ghost; it was all over the place. Then some Strength and Courage to help me run this race. My basket was getting full but I remembered I needed Grace. I chose salvation for salvation was for free I tried to get enough of that to do for you and me.

Then I started to the counter to pay my grocery bill. I thought I had everything to do the Masters will.
    As I went up the aisle I saw Prayer and put that in, for I knew when I stepped outside I would run into sin. Peace and Joy were plentiful, the last things on the shelf. Song and Praise were hanging near, so I just helped myself.

Then I said to the angel, "Now how much do I owe?"
    He smiled and said, "Just take them everywhere you go."

Again I asked, "Really now, how much do I owe?"
    "My child," he said, "God paid your bill a long, long time ago."
    Last edited by jostoy; 12-17-2017, 08:03 AM.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Good morning.
    Everyone must be at church right now.
    Cute story, Jostoy. Thanks.

Today is our last day in Phx. One family will be visiting. But I don’t know whether to expect 3 or 9 people today.
    My grandkids are all adult now. One great grand is already 16.....I remember when he was born, and Maye said Brock is a nice manly name for a boy. He’’s heartbreakingly handsome already.

Anyway we leave very early tomorrow, because E has a morning PT appt.

Right now I need to finish my coffee and get dressed.
    Housekeeping services here suck. No one has checked to see if things like towels need replacing or anything. Maybe the workers cand find this room because it has 2 doors to enter.....it’s really a wierd setup.

Hope you all have a beautiful Sunday, and keep warm. ☀️
    —————————

I just read that in Tucson today, I’m missing the current 47°, it’s RAINING!, and will get to only 57° this afternoon. I hate to miss the 🌧, and I hope there’s lots of it! 🤗
    Last edited by JoGee; 12-17-2017, 12:25 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

It is raining..not much of a rain but something wet is falling from the sky. It is awfully dry around here.

I have nothing going on around here for today. Did the ironing and cooked the beef yesterday and never Stuck my nose outside to even bring in the mail...which I see someone did bring in and it is bills. No break from those bills!

Have no idea what today will bring. I should go look for the missing box of ornaments and fill in the empty spots on the tree. The kids did the tree decorating and I knew instantly some of my favorites did not come up but have just not gone looking.

Have a nice afternoon visiting with your family JoGee and a safe trip home. Jostoy funny thing about you hearing those leaves...they went flying around yesterday but I never heard a peep from them! Have a good and happy Sunday all!

Comment

Morning....its been a very long week...with another one to come...today is the first time that most of my friends have been together since Blake took his life...The visitation is Tuesday night I will more than like go with a friend to that...and the funeral is Wednesday....I will either go with a friend or get a ride.I am so sad that I find myself lost and angry..wanting to just stay in my bed...and turn to food for comfort not GOOD!! NOT at all.

Sorry for being so down!..

I love you all!

Comment

Good Morning, got caught up in wrapping gifts this morning, really the first year in a long time that I have wrapped...and I must say next year there will be a whole lot more Christmas bags under the tree.

jostoy loved the read, and yes our debts were paid but fear we have made more....you best put your ear plugs in and ignore the calling those leaves are making, you are destroying your body..

Maxie hope you find your ornaments my son sent me picture of their home with the fireplace blazing and stockings hung and the big ole ceramic Santa with his bag filled with candy canes, memories from our past...I told him it warmed my heart to see they were getting used by him now, and he responded, "they are memories I cherish and would never get rid of them"...Bless his heart..

Safe travels back home JoG.

Beth sorry for your emotional state with the loss of your friend, the sad part of life..

Well time to get in the freezer and find something to fix for supper tonight...take care one and all and have a wonderful day.
          Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• maxie
            maxie commented
            Editing a comment
            Many years ago I did ceramics with Linda. We were holiday nuts and made everything. The snowmen my nephew took because he remembered them sitting by the front door but all the Halloween things Scott took. Last we were down there was Halloween and he had everything set out, the lighted skull, scarecrows, pumpkins of all sizes were glowing, ghosts. It was such a surprise to see all those ornaments out and remember the time and fun we had had making them. Most of the Christmas has been broken so I am glad the Halloween will always be cared for. Some of the ornaments I want to look for were my grandmothers. I am so glad Scott took so many of the ornaments and things because he will care for them until hopefully Sierra will want them. I doubt they would make it further than the Christmas did in Andrews care!!

Good Morning! It's a dreary one out there & chilly. Still a fair amount of snow on the ground, but with the temps going up & rain in the forecast, I'm sure it'll all be gone tomorrow.

Yesterday wasn't super productive. Started the morning off running errands....bank, grocery store, & PO. Then home and waiting for customers to come pick up cookies. I had planned to bake off a couple kinds of dough btw people, but some how that never happened. Did good a real meal for dinner. Actually sat down & watched a movie.

This morning was church & SS. SS was sad in our corner of the SS wing. A young 14 yr old girl died unexpectedly on Thursday. She was home with the flu...throwing up & such. Her Mom decided to stay home from work that day to be with her, which she normally doesn't do. She noticed the girls feet & hands turning blue and she started struggling to breath. It went down hill from there. Lots of tears. Across the hall from us is the youth SS classes and they were crying too. The girl came to youth group sometimes. She wasn't a member of our church, but her family is best friends with one of our member's and the Mom comes to our class.

Anyways, took Blaise down to Kathy's for the rest of the day. Not sure what I'll get into today. May bake. May clean...blah! I feel a nap coming on, but just a power nap.

To work.....have a good one all!

Comment

Working...
          X