I’m in the hospital. 😐

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m in the hospital. 😐

We got to the hospital sometime after noon. Have talked with a couple of doctors.
    I’m feeling good...no pains or anything,.....no problem eating or digesting.
    Haven’t had lunch but will have a small dinner tonight.
    The surgeon just told me I could eat, but nothing after midnight, because they’ll do a bit of surgery to get rid of those stones before they cause any problems.
    So I’m up for surgery first thing in the morning.
    Don’t know when I’ll be able to post next.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Prayers for you and E both!

Comment

keeping you in thought and prayer JO....

Comment

In my thoughts and prayers.. I have not found the golden yet in the golden years...doesn't seem that you have either...so I will settle for a pot of silver and positive attitude...
        Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Prayers for both you and E..

Comment

Well, now they’ve put off the surgery til this afternoon. They want to be sure that the blood thinner is out of my system. I’m guessing no food today, either.
            But they’re still discussing these stones. They said it’s unusual to see these stones when the gall bladder has been removed. They expect to see it in the 3rd world countries, though. What the heck?????? But there’s no explanation for all these stones.

I had a terrible night..... hospital beds are not made for comfort. I do not normally like to sleep in my dress pants, but it kept me from being cold at night. I didn’t get much sleep, none til after 2am, then it averaged to about 30 minute naps before each waking.

The surgery is a non-invasive one. A gizmo down my throat to do the job. I’ll be asleep through it.

Boffler, so far the only gold I’ve come across in these “golden years” is jaundice.

Well, my iPhone is losing power fast. More about my hospital adventure later.
            Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.
            Last edited by JoGee; 12-12-2017, 09:25 AM.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Good evening!
              Today I spent most the day lying on a gurney bed waiting and waiting. I think other “emergency” patients were taken ahead of me......actually, one nurse confirmed it when no one else was close to hear. But, finally, I was taken into a surgical X-ray room, was put to sleep, and it was finally done. Afterwards I was back to my room, and I napped til the anesthetic wore off completely. At this point, under nurse’s supervision, I was pronounced well enough to walk on my own again. And the largest stone was 8 mm.

Then I was told that at 9pm I could start clear liquids. The night nurse brought it to me....chicken broth (about 2 cups worth in a tall cup) and 2 boxes of apple juice. Also a tall cup of ice.). Tonight will be proof of if I can handle that food. If so, it may be soft foods for breakfast. All in all, we expect that they’ll discharge me tomorrow afternoon. Providing there are no I’ll effects or pains. And I’m having none so far.

Hoping I’ll get some decent sleep tonight. I think it’s my port that keeps waking me. If I was a back sleeper, it would be no problem. But I’m a side sleeper. My shoulder buckles over the port no matter which side I sleep on. At hope I have a thin travel pillow I can tuck across my shoulder and not have that problem. But maybe I’m tired enough from today and the surgery it won’t make such a difference.

G’Night! 🌛
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
              X