I did it again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did it again.

On September 5 I was carrying some groceries into my apartment, trip and landed on my face. Not recommended. Manager call fire department because I was bleeding like the proverbial stuck pig. Fireman checked me over and suggested I go to the ER and get it checked. Six stitches in my right eyebrow and some scrapes and bruises.
    Yesterday we had carolers and followed by cookies and cocoa. I put my shoes on and started down to the clubhouse but face planted only a few feet from the previous fall.
    It was getting dark, no one was about, so I wound up sitting on the sidewalk for about 15 minutes waiting for someone to show up. I yelled a couple of times but nobody heard me. Finally, Terry who lives 2 doors up from me came out, ask if I had fallen. She call 911 and shortly the firemen came in their big red truck, checked me out and we decided I didn't need to go to the ER again as I felt alright. Just a black eye, bent glasses, some facial scrapes, two bloody broken fingernails, and a scrape on the stitches from last time.
    Neighbors came out at the same time to head to the clubhouse. He brought me back some cookies and was a bit worried, checked on me a couple of times but was plastered as usual. Don't deal well with drunks and I think he starts the day off with a shot of something in his coffee. And he is LOUD!

Some day I will learn to take my cane along when I go out.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Barb, you are so lucky not to have broken anything either time. Like some people do with glasses, maybe you should tie a rope to that cane, and put it around your neck.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Oh my gosh Barb what an awful thing to have happen....going to have to get one of those alert buttons to wear around your neck...I sure notice things changing in myself getting a bit more clumsy in my older age...hope that you aren't to sore from your fall...
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Oh my! Please take that cane! Having an alert button will not stop the fall but will get you some prompt attention after. Glad you were not seriously hurt this time but sure you will be sore all over again. Remember that cane!!

Comment

Oh, Barb, I am so sorry!!!! but so thankful you did not break anything!

Comment

Wuen I whwcked my head on the first one I thought I fractured my skull or at least had a concussion but I had neither. I think my eye looks awful. When I fell the first time my sis grabbed an ice pack out of the freezer right away. As I said I sat there for 15 or 20 minutes before anyone came out and then Terry came out because she was on her way to the club room./ These apartments are very well maintained so there isn't a lot of outside noise
            Last edited by BarbCA; 12-12-2017, 10:51 PM.

Comment

just seen this post.. sure hope you are feeling better today.. but bet you are stiff, sore and looking like you have been in a fight.... CARRY A CANE. I use those words every day to my hubby... and he too ignores the advice.has not had a serious fall..several of the badly bruised kind . but a big one is coming.

one of those alert buttons would be good for you since you have no one living there that will come hunt you down.... but there is a fee for using them right?.

just take extra care from now on.!.. Hugs to you dear lady!.

Comment

Working...
              X