It's Monday all over again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Monday all over again

Good Morning to all...Time to get my day started, been up for two hours already, a couple of house fires this weekend here in our town and at one a loss of a life...I know who owns the house but not sure who was living in it...so very, very sad...smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are a must for every home, and if you can't afford them check with your local firehouse, they usually will give them to you and even install them for you...Ours are wired into the house and also battery back up.

I have the frosting all ready to start frosting and decorating cookies this morning, have about 3 doz. sugar cookies and the same in gingerbread boys/girls so that will take most of my day...older and slower these days...youngest son was here yesterday and he was more than happy to eat some leftover beef stew and butter bread, and also had some cookies, peanut blossoms and mexican wedding cakes, took home some for his SO along with some puppy chow and buckeyes, he was remembering all the years I always made so many other goodies, the one he really wants me to make is the potato candy, everyone loves it...so that I will do.

Hubby's morning to be at the office so that gives me some time alone, (thankful) I am finding it very hard to get things done with him in and out of the kitchen, I clean a spot off he comes along makes a sandwich and leaves the crumbs, LOL...I was doing cutouts yesterday and told him to stay out of the kitchen and to please not turn on the tv...you know I always said we didn't need a livingroom and family room, well I think I have changed my mind but since we didn't build the house that way that is why I want a Murphy bed so most times it can be his office with a tv and closed door...

Hope everyone is feeling better today...and any and all testing done will be good news..
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Good morning.
    Early appointment today, followed by E’’s appointment.
    I’’ll be back later to post.
    Have a great day!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Morning. Ugly out but getting a haircut this morning so hopefully that will brighten my mood. Sierra will drive and then I need to run into the store and pick up some meat. Hometown store has the best meat!

I am not happy with myself and the length of time I have been feeling poorly this last week. I swear I have some strange disease I came home with from the hospital and I was only there for a few hours. Yesterday we went out for some groceries and I came home and took a nap! AND all I did was push a cart. There must be some sinus thing/sore throat going around with everything else. There were back to back hockey games this weekend and I did enjoy snuggling in bed watching them but I need to get going around here. A count of the Santa gifts showed Sierra has one less than Andrew so I need to get into the mall preferably with her to pick out something. Our shopping tomorrow has been changed into my sister and niece coming here and doing lunch. That means I will need to pick up this joint. The laundry baskets are gone but I am wondering if that means they have just been stacked in the laundry room since I have not seen clean clothes come up. I need to get back on top of this stuff. Will call the doctor today and make an appointment about that stupid ekg. Holy Cow! Turn 70 and the entire medical profession wants a piece of my body. And the stupid body just rolls over and starts losing pieces to hand them! No loyalty after all the years we have been together!! Perhaps I should have taken better care of it?

Jon is back to work after almost 2 weeks vacation. This morning we were back to a breakfast mess in the kitchen. I had to load the dishwasher before making coffee. I think we will grill hamburgers tonight since it is suppose to warm up. Had flurries this weekend but we need rain and a lot of it. I read yesterday that a hot car parked on top of a pile of leaves can start a fire and burn the car. Can you imagine? Those California fires are scary enough without worrying about parking your car.

Need to get moving and be totally ready to leave because my driver will fly out of bed last minute and expect a clear runway to get herself dressed and out. Have a wonderful and ORGANIZED day all. I would just like to get something done around here!

Comment

Yep, it Monday again! cold here at night, but going up to 70* later in the day. So weird.

It was a great weekend and looking at a week without many stresses in it. The church Christmas dinner is Saturday and I signed up to host (decorate a table) and to do a side dish. Becky signed up for dessert and will make two pumpkin cakes. I am making my broccoli, cauliflower, carrot vegetable dish, which means cooking fresh vegetables that leave a smell in the kitchen...but so good with the addition of the white sauce (cream cheese cream, garlic powder) that I am just going to do it. I did not at Thanksgiving, but I will make a stovetop simmering potpourri to take away some of the broccoli odor.

The theme is a pioneer Christmas so I will be making some gingerbread boys tis week for the table and gathering pine and cedar boughs...I amgoing with Less is More for once and thinking of my lpoor Pioneer ancestors!

this is Finals week for Becky and she is a bit on stress level. today she takes my mom to her surgeon for her Final appointment. I told Becky to be sure and get tht into the conversation and let the office know my mother will not be able to go to Chico for any more appointments. Becky will have classes 5 days a week next semester and will not be able to drive her down and my mom can not drive herself there.
        We had Gary's mom living with us the last years of her life, but I am not sure how my mother would take to being told she has to move out of her house. She absolutely would not move to a senior center...although she has a good friend in one in Rhode Island. My brothers and I need to start talking about this...

I don't mean to get into a downward trend. All of you have a great day!
        Love maxie saying an Organized day! Someone called me yesterday to see if I could go with her and help another friend who needs help organizing her toys for her grandkids...I said that is one area I can do. But this house needs help, too. I have a hard time letting go of things that have been around for years.
        Oh, here I go on my downward path...
        Have a good day and that means being good to yourself!

Comment

Was planning on making cookies today but I think that will not happen. I'm making a mince pie for the pot luck and either the bread and butter pickles I made last evening or if the pickles aren't satisfactory I will make a salad. No dessert as at Thanksgiving there were so many desserts that I could scarcely find room for my cheesecake.

Comment

Good Morning.

After a long conversation with myself, I finally decided to decorate the house on Saturday, and I'm still moving stuff around. John's been testing lights this morning.

Sharon, I never wanted an open-concept house, and I still don't. We each have our places to be, and it's perfect for us.

Thinking about having friends over for a meal. Just don't know what to fix. Think I may have them do the cooking.

Well, better get going. Appt with John's DR at 11.

Hugs to Everyone.

Comment

Quick note.....
              Doc is setting up a room/bed for me right now, and I’ll be getting the surgery right away. 😲
              It’s for those bile stones I’d mentioned. That’s all the info I have right now.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good afternoon all.

Made it to Acute Care Facility this morning. Was diagnosed with bronchitis and laryngitis, so no surgery tomorrow. Called the surgeons office to get it rescheduled for the 19th.

Came home with a "butt load" of medication. For the cost, even with drug ins., this stuff better work fast and complete.

Hope all have had a good day.
                Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Working...
                X