Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sunday the 10th

good morning

a very chilly , snowy morning .. well. not much snow but things are white and wet spots on road were slippery earlier..

repeating, I hate Winter.

I though I posted yesterday but don't see me there. read all you news .. and the cute story about, Jesus is watching you,.. funny!

busy day yesterday . starting to get the rooms looking tidy , meaning hiding all stuff setting around ,, and getting cobwebs all down.. making empty spaces for guest to put suitcases,clothes. etc.. I set out the Christmas cards on the top of the desk.. but never did get to addressing them.. Today , for sure.
    after church, Im seem to be constantly busy,, while David sleeps in the recliner..at least he isn't giving me directions ..
    Having the family get together at Karen's Christmas eve ,, breaking the C. tradition from here to there .. was hard to do but sooo much easier on me.. less decisions , less a lot of work... I lose energy fast these days..

JoG. I do not know how you two can shop and shop. and same for you Sharon.. .. I too need a new comfortable chair in my " lady den". maybe after Christmas will look.......but money going to be tight for a bit.. big car expense next week plus the first big gas bill came and they raised the rates !... first time we have had a $200 gas bill from this company.. yikes.. .

so better getting moving ... hi to you all,,,, be back to read later .

Good morning.

No snow here, AND I don't want any either. You all just keep your's.

​No Sunday School or Church for me today. Still have that "creeping crud" that just keeping changing places in my body.

Have a good one everyone.

Jonah and the Whale

A little girl was talking to her teacher about whales. The teacher said it was physically impossible for a whale to swallow a human because even though it was a very large mammal its throat was very small. The little girl stated that Jonah was swallowed by a whale.

Irritated, the teacher reiterated that a whale could not swallow a human; it was physically impossible.

The little girl said, "When I get to heaven I will ask Jonah".

​The teacher asked, "What if Jonah went to hell?" The little girl replied, "Then you ask him".

Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      Ha ha ha ha...good one smart little girl....that crud has found a good home in you, this is a change for you now you get to see how the rest of us sicklies live life, (not that you wanted to) just stay in and take care of yourself...drink lots of fluids.

Good morning..Carmel apple dump cake in the oven for Bible Study. I fell to sleep around 6ish last night woke long enough to eat some and fell back to sleep...the last couple days were great but I was so tired from it..I wish I had a day of nothing today but I don't. I have Bible Study...then a baby shower..then crafting party...tonight I crash...tomarrow work..and groceries...activity tomarrow night making home made laundry soap.Tuesday night is going to see Christmas lights and supper with friends...Wednesday is church....Thursday I may have another activity..Friday I don't think that I much more than work...also volunteering Tuesday and Friday this week..So I will be meeting myself coming and going..I did find out last week I had 4 vacation days to use or lose..so I was off Friday..I am off this Friday..I work all week next week...and have an extra day at Christmas and added a day to my new years holiday.

Comment

Good morning ya'll....I am orginally from the south, LOL...Don't know what the day will bring but I do know a run to the grocery store is in order, thankfully hubby will go along with me...think our son might come down today also to bring the tractor back...so he can take the trailer back with him...Father and son sharing to big stuff..just wish I knew what time he was coming so I can decide what I am doing..

Have some laundry I need to get done also...think my ordering on line is finished, now wait for everything to show up and get it wrapped.

Hope everyone starts feeling better and staying warm those of us in the cold belt..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning.
        Today should be sunny, and hit about 73° this afternoon. (There’s a bit of advantage to living in the desert. &#128521
        No plans for today. Some chores to catch up on, though.

Maye, shopping is not my favorite pastime any more. Yesterday it was about getting comfy chairs. E was looking for “affordable” places, but our last chairs were from Big Lots. OK, they are comfy when you try them, but the cushioning doesn’t last. I intended to steer him towards a real furniture store. E looked at prices when he came into the store, and nearly choked....but those prices were on “power” easy chairs. However, deeper into the store were the non-electric chairs, no frills so to speak. Now that stuff was on holiday sales, about half price, and the swivel feature is optional and the sales lady knocked another $100 off that. And she didn’t push us to any other stuff. I’d try a chair, tell her what I didn’t like, she’d suggest another one, I told her the fit wasn’t right, and she pointed us to another chair and I said it was perfect for me. E got out of his chair and tried mine, and found it perfect for him, too. I’m happy it’s a “real” chair this time. He probably wanted to roll his eyes as I was trying the different chairs and commenting on the merits and faults, but the sales lady was really good in knowing all the furniture they had there and obviously paid attention. With the discounts, E felt it was “affordable”, like 2 for the price of 1. So I found the “right” chair(s) rather quickly and the sale went quickly. Everyone’s happy. [Probably wouldn’t get as good a deal at Sam Levitz or Ashley stores, which has an almost constant “sale” running.]
        However, we have yet to make it to the grocery store. Maybe today. Or not. I’m easy. I’m creative with what I’ve got on hand.

Tomorrow I see the doc for those bile stones (also referred to as gall stones, but I don’t have a gall bladder....go figure). Odd, that I don’t show signs of any blockage, or have any pain......but I don’t want to wait til I do because the consequences can be dire, or so I was told. I really do need a break from all this medical garbage. So tomorrow is basically a consult appt, and we go from there. E rescheduled his PT so I could see this doc, and we’ll probably just make it to his PT appt enroute on the return trip to home.

Hope you all have a perfect Sunday. ☀️
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

I was planning on going to an Ashley store...I know exactly what you mean about the right fit! On sofas I have to sit to see how the back of my neck feels on the sofa. So many have a puff out at the top of the cushion (sorry, only way I can describe it) and it juts my head and out. Or puts pressure on my neck.
          I went to the furniture store yesterday that is new to Red Bluff only to find they are not open on Saturday. So, I will go by after daycare this week. they are open till 7:00pm Monday through Thursday. I just want to see how much and what colors the chairs my friend bought come in.

Yesterday was a wonderful day! Because our caroling group did not get to one of the care facilities before most of the patients went to bed, Becky and I took by a card and a huge poinsettia apologizing for not making it there.
          I also (Red Letter Day!) mailed my last two gifts and Becky's Ancestry DNA, and I can only Hope that is the last trip to the post office for me!
          The bank and Home Depot were my other two morning errands and then general cleaning around the house.

Late afternoon I got a call offering us tickets to the Christmas dance recital by the Selah dance company. I had heard the name from friends but did not know anything about them. It is a Christian music and scripture based company and the only ballet and other dance group in town. It was wonderful! The music featured many form The Messiah as well as some contemporary Christian artists. It was held in one of the very large churches; Becky had her piano recitals there, so we were familiar with it, but seeing it decorated with the Huge tree and banners and lights was really special.
          It was a perfect way to end our day. We had watched a Hallmark movie in the afternoon and lots of those feature some kind of concert, etc. It went right along.
          Ballet, modern, hip hop and tap were all featured.

After my errands, we went exploring a couple of new stores in the downtown area. One is a cute food and gift shop and another is a big historic building with 17 vendors with crafts and antiques. Owned by old friends I hadn't seen for many years and was happy we all recognized each other!
          Can you tell it was just a great day?!

Hope your Sunday is perfect!

Comment

Good Afternoon!

Yesterday was good. Blaise had a friend over for the morning to play, and I baked. Once the little boy let, I was just dragging, so I ended up taking a 2 hr nap. Woke feeling so much better, and got busy. Made a huge pot of chicken barley soup for tonight's dinner. Packaged up the thumbprints into orders, then started baking again.

Blaise refused to eat dinner, so I sent him to bed. Well I heard him turn out the big light and about 15 minutes later I went to check on him, and he was sound asleep at 7:30pm. Must be getting ready to grow, though not eating won't help that.

This morning was church & SS. Took Blaise down to Kathy's for the rest of the afternoon. The ladies are coming here to play cards tonight and we are having the soup for dinner. Before that, I want to bake off at least 1 kind of cookie....choc mint....and then finish picking up around here.

Good one Jostoy!!!!!

Have a good one all!

Comment

Working...
            X