Oh Baby It's Cold Outside (Sat.)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Baby It's Cold Outside (Sat.)

I do believe winter has found us, nice warm soups are coming to mind, that and nice warm and fuzzy lounging pj's and fuzzy socks... Now how is that for a picture in your mind? Pretty darn close to perfect....I don't do a lot of Christmas cards because I have way to many cousins on both sides, sad to say most of my aunts and uncles have passed on...my address book has pages totally marked off now, but I got the ones done I usually send and made my Grandgirls cards on the computer and printed them off...Hubby went and got stamps and put them on for me...

We went for Mom in laws birthday dinner last night, it went very well and hubby did not volunteer to pay for everyone, thankfully...10 of us all together...hubby's sister is most definitely the one calling all the shots now, when and where we go, when and where we do anything, down to what everyone should bring when we get together for Christmas...her and her stepdaughter, fine by me less thinking I have to do...it is that and so much more, very controlling....

I have absolutely no plans today, probably get a grocery list made out for us and what I need for the holidays, get it now before it all gets to busy...

All my finger shopping has started to show up so the entryway is filled with boxes and pkgs.. as well as the bed in the spare bedroom...

Told hubby yesterday after first of the year I want to seriously start looking and ordering the Murphy bed I want for the spare bedroom, I want to be able to use one of the spare bedrooms other than just storing a bed that only gets used maybe once or twice a year...as I buy amish made furniture once I place an order it usually takes up to 3 months for delivery.

Thinking of making some omelets this morning for me and the hubby, sounds delicious and since he usually sleeps in until around 9:00 a.m. that will work out great.

Have a good day one and all...watch out though ole man winter is on a roll...
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Good morning all who show.

Sharon, will the Murphy bed be lower to the floor? If not, maybe order a matching step-stool!!!

Suppose to be going to a meeting today over at Flora concerning the owner raising our lot rent over double and by end of 6 years, it would be triple what we pay now. I spent yesterday looking and calling other lake around here as to their amenities and costs. The only one coming to close to what our owner wants gives free water, sewer and 1300 watts of electricity.
    ​Ours offers nothing. The club, which has a membership fee, has to do everything like mowing large areas, and cutting limbs. The other lakes don't have a membership fee. So I may be pulling my camper closer and tearing everything up, like the new electrical line and sewer system that I put in.

Now that you have heard my BIT** for the day...how is everyone doing. Me...the "green crud" is still with me and has moved up to the head and down to the lungs. I'm afraid I won't be in shape for the surgery Tuesday. I'll call the surgeons office Monday and see what happens. I'm not driving for 1 1/2 hours just to be told I'm cancelled.

Now for BIT** number three.....?

Everyone have a good day...I'll get there too.

Jesus is Watching You:

A burglar broke into a house one night. He shined his flashlight around, looking for valuables, and when he picked up a CD player to place in his sack, a strange, disembodied voice echoed from the dark saying, "Jesus is watching you."

He nearly jumped out of his skin, clicked his flashlight out, and froze. When he heard nothing more after a bit, he shook his head, promised himself a vacation after the next big score, then clicked the light on and began searching for more valuables.

Just as he pulled the stereo out so he could disconnect the wires, clear as a bell he heard, "Jesus is watching you."
    Freaked out, he shone his light around frantically, looking for the source of the voice. Finally, in the corner of the room, his flashlight beam came to rest on a parrot.
    "Did you say that?" He hissed at the parrot.

"Yep," the parrot confessed, then squawked, "I'm just trying to warn you."
    The burglar relaxed. "Warn me, huh? Who in the world are you?"

"Moses," replied the bird.

"Moses?" the burglar laughed. "What kind of people would name a bird Moses?"
    "The kind of people that would name a Rottweiler, Jesus."

Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      Jostoy I will consider that when purchasing a bed, LOL...but I always have my 'stool' handy if you should visit... Hope you get to feeling better soon, just not like you to be down so long...bet that is not easy for you...but I have to say there are some benefits to staying in comfy warm clothes all day.

Good morning,
    I just got up and turned the heat up. It’s 43° outside right now, but supposed to hit 74° this afternoon. We have a week of mid-and-low 70’s temps ahead, as it now stands.

Yesterday was busy. E can’t stand his chair, his recliner doesn’t work any more. So we went looking. He started with the lower-priced discount stores first. Actually we didn’t like the looks of them so passed them up, and went to Sears. Not too much to choose from there, none “fit” quite right, and the prices were ridiculously high. So we headed toward the Levitz and Ashley stores.enroute there was a Laz-eBoy store, so we stopped there. I found a chair I really liked, and it fit! A chair we didn’t have to stick pillows on to make it comfortable to sit in. Plus a straighter back. E tried it, after sitting in a few others, and chose the same thing for himself. Since they only had the one we have to wait 2 weeks for the other, and they’ll be delivered. I chose a golden yellow color fabric to brighten up the living room. Matching chairs, which will swivel, rock, and recline. I like mine to rock. I seldom if ever enjoy reclining, which E does. Oh yes, a built-in footrest if we want to use it. That means our walking space won’t have to be cluttered with footstools. And it’s half the cost of the Sears chairs.
    We stopped at Best Buy for new phones, but they didn’t have the style with the features we wanted. Our current phones lately like to hang-up on legit callers before they can say more than 5 words. It’s annoying. So E ordered the right phones online. They should arrive in just a couple of days.
    He stopped at BB&B to get some kind of thingy, I’m not sure what exactly it is, but they didn’t have it. But I picked up a new toaster. My current one has begun to have I toasted areas, and I have been setting it for higher and higher temps.....you’d expect toast to burn at those settings, but there’s no change in how the toast looks. So much for that.

Not sure if he plans anything else today. We never did get groceries yesterday. I need to pick up some OTC meds.
    Also I’m getting more slow cooker bags! I forgot why I bought them originally, probably for a whole chicken. But yesterday I had a frozen family-size pack of chicken thighs, which I managed to separate most of under hot running water. I put the bag in the slow cooker, added the frozen chicken and a chopped onion, added simple seasonings, a cup of water, covered it and turned it on. After a day of shopping the chicken was ready, I had frozen veggies and barley in the freezer that were done in 5 minutes. Perfect dinner, and E enjoyed it with a glob of cranberry sauce. Later I picked up the bag of chicken in it’s juices, set it in a container, twisted the top and clipped it shut, and put it in the fridge. And no pot to wash!!! Yay! 🤗

Hope you all have a super duper great day. ☀️
    Last edited by JoGee; 12-09-2017, 10:22 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

It is a much needed later start today. I got up at 6:00 and have been able to take my time getting ready for the day. I cancelled the dog grooming appointment a couple of weeks ago and happy I did. Neither dog needs to be groomed or washed and I don't need to put out the money. Cancelling early enough is good with the groomers because so many people want Saturday and also others want their dogs to get fancied up for Christmas company.

Sharon, I am glad Doug didn't feel the need to pay for everyone. That is a hard habit to break.

Jostoy, that parrot story is funny! I read it twice!
      And JoG, no pot to wash is my new happy place! I used the bag for our turkey and will do it again...but not soon. I am just now finished using all the turkey from our Thanksgiving and will do something else for our next holiday.

Speaking of new chairs: at our caroling party last night, the family home where we gathered for hot cocoa and cookies had two new leather chairs that I really liked! White with the nail accents. They were comfortable as I sat in one to try out. She bought them at a new store here in town that I thought was only second hand, but they also order in new furniture at good prices. I am going to look there today. I need new chairs, but not white. If I could get new cushions for our sofa I would be so happy...I really don't want to buy all new furniture in the living room right now. But those cushions need to be replaced. I think I will see if that store can do that. The cushions are microfiber and with kids and dogs (the rescue Lab drooled on them), they are in serious need of replacement. they do not clean well and I didn't know that about the fabric. The rest of the sofa is leather and is the right size for the space. I think it is 83". Everything I have been seeing that I like is over 90".

NO baking today. I baked cranberry orange cookies yesterday morning and they were a hit. Becky made the candy corn cookies which everyone loves. Not too many homemade cookies at the caroling; lots of store bought...But the upside is lots of women came and lots of teens! And plates were provided to take cookies home after the caroling.
      The shelter meal went well, too, but now I am ready to be out of the kitchen. I had late arriving kids yesterday and only 4, and no baby, so that made the day possible without getting crazy.

Hope your day has some fun things in it. If you need a quiet day, stay in the jammies and just sit a bit. Stay well and be happy!

Comment

Working...
      X