Rise and Shine 12/8

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rise and Shine 12/8

Good morning I had huge plans of sleeping late this morning..Nope I guess maybe I am excited to spend the day shopping til I drop with family! We will Start at my sisters and my cousins and aunt will get the grand tour of my sisters...then we will go to Micheal's then lunch...then more shopping..the steak dinner on main street...then more shopping..come home and 2 cousins and aunt go home...one cousin and my mom stay until tomarrow....more shopping after a big breakfast out on Saturday. I think that this is one of my most favorite weekends of the holiday season!

Good Morning, I almost always rise and shine in the mornings, I love mornings, I am not a sleeper in type of gal. I love the quietness and solitude of mornings..

Got some doughs mixed up yesterday and two different kinds of cookies baked off, love the peanut blossoms and mexican wedding cakes. Now today will be the cutout cookies, sugar ones and gingerbread boys and girls...both require some frosting and decorating, do things in 'spurts'. I read something really neat about rolling out the gingerbread ones, roll them out on the parchment paper you will baking them on, roll out the dough with plastic wrap on top, after cutting them out and removing extra dough, bake them...going to try that because I know working with that dough is not easy and can mess up easily....when I did the cinnamon ornaments had to roll them out between two pieced of plastic wrap...

Today is trash day I have all trash cans emptied and the bag out of the trash compactor and another one put in just waiting for hubby to get out of bed to take it out to the curb...he 'loves' to sleep in.

Maxie hope you and jostoy are on the mend today....joG glad your report was good even with the mix up, hope today hubby's will be good also.

Hubby's sister invited everyone to join in on a dinner at Olive Garden for his Mom's birthday, I don't mind that, what I do mind is that hubby usually ends up footing the bill for everyone....he is retired now..

Well have a great day one and all.
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      Sharon, since he is a realtor can he talk a little business and use it as a write off?

Good SUNNY but frigid Morning!!!! Yesterday started out sunny, but then the clouds rolled in & there was snow floating in the air. There is just a dusting out there.

Yesterday I went to Bible study. Had planned to go to the bank & Giant Eagle. I felt so lousy after BS, that I just came straight home. Ended up taking an hour & a half nap. Felt so much better. Glad, because I had lots to do. I wanted to feed my family a real dinner, so since I wasn't baking yesterday, I put some bone-in chicken breasts in the dutch oven & cooked them slowly. Dinner was good.

Yesterday I put finishing touches on different cookies and bagged some into orders. Doesn't sound like much, but it took a lot of time.

This morning I'm going to get the mini carrot cakes iced & delivered to the restaurant. I still need to go to GE. I called them yesterday to see about getting a lot of flour since it's on sale for $.99 as is the eggs & sugar. I don't need it now, but I will in the future. I ask if I could get them while they were still wrapped in their bundles of 8, so he was ordering me in some for today. Need to pick that stuff up and some donuts for Blaise's class.

In among all that I hope to bake off the 24 doz filled cookies (raisin, apricot, & raspberry). Surprisingly, that's one of the favorite Christmas cookies. It would NEVER be one I'd order for then. Then I hope to package up the cookies from last night. I might start getting people to pick up their orders this weekend. I need the freezer space. Leftovers for tonight.

((((Joystoy)))) (((JoG))) (((Maxie))).....and ((((Val)))).....hope you pop in today!

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good Morning

I got a special Christmas treat yesterday!!!!!.... Val called me!!!!!!!!! ,,, and we talked and talked (that part was easy , we both talk a lot ) she has not been well. so many physical problems , but she misses us and sends love to all.. so keep her in your prayers and thoughts..

got a list a mile long on the to-do list.. getting the house "neat".. in other words , hiding all the stuff I have laying around ..I finished the afghan and put the yarn away.. I will try to get the rooms seldom seen by guest done first . leaving places like the kitchen last.

the Printer is still not Printing. has to be an ink problem .. Jake is stopping in sometime today to go over it again.. how lucky I am to have grandson Jake

better sign off for now.. Hugs to you all.. be back this evening .

Comment

Good morning.
        Yesterday was doggone cold, only 59°, but today will be 61° (not much progress), but tomorrow promises to be 74° again, at least for a few days. In the meantime, the furnace is on. E just crawled out of bed to turn up the heat. I’m surprised he feels the morning chill.

I am still apprehensive about Monday’s doctor appointment for those bile stones. The appt is just a consultation, but he will have to remove those stones soon. I’m wondering if this sort of thing could be prevented. ??? Funny thing, between the doc and the web info, they almost use “gall” stones and “bile” stones interchangeably. (I don’t have a gall bladder.). It’s confusing.

I’m thinking I’d like to make some cornbread today. Wonder if I still have chicken in the big freezer to toss in the slow cooker today?

Need to make a shopping run. I have to pick up a couple of OTC meds. E wants to go looking for comfy chairs. I can make do with mine til we move, but I think I’d really like a Boston rocker. Most seats are for people who have longer legs these days. We both need “short seats”.....rather than seats that require 2-3 decorative pillows behind our backs. The sales people nod their heads, but don’t have a clue what we’re talking about. In these instances, I hate shopping.

Well, I’m not sure what, exactly, E has in mind to do today. I think that shopping is on his list, though. Right now, breakfast is on my list.

Sharon, thanks for the idea of the parchment paper. Far less mess! I’ll have to try that.
        I also have a recipe for filled drop cookies that I’d like to make.

Have a great day, everyone. ☀️

Maye, thanks for passing on Val’s message. Haven’t heard from her in eons. She has a friend following her, and when Val invited me, that friend would keep sending me personal nasty messages. I don’t know what that was about. But I told Val that it was very upsetting and I’d have to “unfriend” her. But I’ve missed Val.
        Facebook is not always a nice place, so I seldom go there. Some people really scare me.
        Last edited by JoGee; 12-08-2017, 09:32 AM.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Jog, I think you can friend Val and block the nasty person...

I have cookies to bake today and the shelter meal to do...Becky ended up not doing one of the cookies she thought she would do and now I feel like I do need to make a cookie to take to the caroling party. I am making cranberry orange cookies with a citrus glaze.
          And the Million Dollar spaghetti dish the shelter really likes. We had a donation of really good spaghetti from Costco and Prego sauce that we are using.

No baby today or three year old (who is actually my quietest child). Hopefully, I can get in and start things going before the rest get here.

I will be sure and post on Val's page today. It seems the three sites I see the most crowd out the people I used to see.

I am looking forward to a no stress weekend. Hope it stays that way for all of us!

Comment

Well, it is pretty darn cold out there this morning...16 with single digit wind chill. Burr....but at least the sun is shining and there are no four letter words in the weather forecast. So today I am going to shower and maybe finish wrapping. Andrew has early dismissal today but his dad is here so they will do their whatever guy thing.

The Elf with the broken leg was hilarious...lots of frustration goes into that darn Elf and I love how creative some parents are. It has been nice not to cook and clean but that is over. Back to normal. Grandkids are pretty darn handy with this computer stuff Maye. I do not think my cell phone is ringing and I can't find the place that controls that so need to get Sierra to check it out when she gets up. I am showing missed calls that I never heard ring. Kids just know this stuff. Seems like every generation is born with special programming!

Gotta go and make up for lost time. Hope this burst of energy holds out. But I still refuse to cook. Have a good day all and stay warm. Paula those fires are horrendous! Cannot imagine something that can move that quickly!

Comment

Good Morning!

Busy morning here. Finished with pecans so it was time to steam the floors. Glad that is done, as well.

Have everything lined up for lunch. Looks like it will require all 5 burners on the stove.

Information for newsletter is coming in via email, so I've been working on that, as well, this morning.

28 degrees here. Snow in parts of Texas (not here, thank goodness). Winter has blown in, for sure.

Hugs to Everyone.

Comment

Working...
              X